What's new

PIA suspend dahaka flights

What will happen to our airports now :cray::cray:
TBH there is no airport in BD they look like bus stands sir .

This actually make sense. PIA is not known for quality passenger services like some other airlines frequenting in Dhaka. So no advantage choosing PIA over Emirates of Etihad for flying Middle East. And passenger traffic is not that great between PAK and BD. Other than Bihari refugees, no one in Bangladesh are interested to go to countries like Pakistan, Afghanistan etc. Pakistanis also have not much reason to visit Bangladesh except some businessmen and students. Biman Bangladesh terminated it's Karachi destination long ago for these reasons. Now PIA also done the same.
pia suspend it in past too please check the history . pia last time suspended dahaka in 2015

How many people actually travel both way it's supposed to stop if you can't get enough passenger. Pakistan have many tourist attraction if promoted in Bangladesh, those who visit India may visit Pakistan too if financially equal to cost visiting India.

Ok good bye ! have a nice day !

Don’t take it personally.

Hasina’s government has done a lot of mudslinging against Pakistan.

That department is a lost cause,otherwise there are many many things which can be promoted to cause surge.
We have to promote our country and tourism but to the right people who are friendly or neutral to us and also can afford to visit Pakistan and behave.

What will happen to our airports now :cray::cray:
nothing will happen hopefully. Don't be sad brotha.

Don’t take it personally.

Hasina’s government has done a lot of mudslinging against Pakistan.
I'm surprised members are taking this move as political while it is purely a business decision and makes sense for an airline to ditch a route which is not not profitable.

PIA suspend dahaka flights
PIA suspended twice weekly karachi - Dhaka service citing poor loads and thin yields. Pk 266/267 used to operate on every monday and wednesday.

P.s : it was the only direct air link between Pak and Bangladesh. PIA management have decided to resume this flight only if demand increased and operating cost will be viable.
PIA Airbus A320 AP-BLW operated last flight from karachi to Dhaka on 19th november.
pia suspend it in past too please check the history . pia last time suspended dahaka in 2015
dahaka do not sound that bad. It could be just another name like Dhaka, Dubai, Doha, Dakar or Delhi.

Now Bangalis will come to Pakistan Illegaly ?
Why bengali need to go to Pakistan , I am unable to understand it .If we go aboard for a job we have Europe America , and also Middle east , because peoples only go to rich countries for jobs.

dahaka do not sound that bad. It could be just another name like Dhaka, Dubai, Doha, Dakar or Delhi.
lol , is not dahaka the evil dragon of avesta? In shahnema he is zahhak anyway . I am not sure yet if he made mistake or intentionally wrote it . However that does not matter , dahaka is my favorite person .

I'm surprised members are taking this move as political while it is purely a business decision and makes sense for an airline to ditch a route which is not not profitable.
Because we are south Asian peoples , unique in this planet .

Now Bangalis will come to Pakistan Illegaly ?
We must. By hook or by crook. Either by PIA or by swimming the Arabian sea. No one want to loss the opportunity to go to Pakistan. If we don't, Indians, Chinese, American, German, British, Japanese, Scandinavians will take the opportunity. We will not be left behind.

Last edited:
dahaka is nice sir :D i have never said it sounds bad :rolleyes:

We must. By hook or by crook. Either by PIA or by swimming Arabian sea. No one want to loss the opportunity to go to Pakistan. If we don't, Indians, Chinese, American, German, British, Japanese, Scandinavians will take the opportunity. We will not be left behind.
boy why you start trolling it from starting ? airlines suspend or terminate routes when they have no benefit to fly should you say same about ITTEHAD a five star airline closed all BD flights 1 month ago ?
https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/etihad-suspends-bangladesh-operations-from-oct-1.562673/
also last year oman air terminated Dhaka too.
Oman Air Drops Dhaka Route Due To Low Demand
https://www.airliners.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=139513

its a business if they have profit they will do business . you take it to next level of hate . dozens of airlines in past operate to Dhaka terminated the route but you seems kiddish here just bashing PIA for no reason .grow up buddy we stop bashing you guys since @Slav Defence told us to calm down .

Why bengali need to go to Pakistan , I am unable to understand it .If we go aboard for a job we have Europe America , and also Middle east , because peoples only go to rich countries for jobs.

lol , is not dahaka the evil dragon of avesta? In shahnema he is zahhak anyway . I am not sure yet if he made mistake or intentionally wrote it . However that does not matter , dahaka is my favorite person .

Because we are south Asian peoples , unique in this planet .

give credit where credit is due:lol:

at least give us credit that Pakistanis even forget spelling of dhaka they are not obsessed with Bangladesh anymore

in chumpo ko samjhao emirates eitahd bund kardo aur pia chalao sab paisay pooray hojaye gay!

in chumpo ko samjhao emirates eitahd bund kardo aur pia chalao sab paisay pooray hojaye gay!
saudi airline fly multan daily 3 flights :frown: and with wide body jet :( how can PIA compete with them they fly weekly 21 flights only multan a tair-2 city of paksitan
Saudi Airline is upgrading its scheduled double daily Jeddah - Multan service by Airbus A330 to tripple daily mix of wide bodies (747 77W A332) on selected dates of every week.

Umrah pilgrims r increasing tremendously from south punjab and even Jumbo 747 finds its difficult to cope up with demand from MUX.

Very good news for BD imho. We should only have the 'Star Airline' brands coming in and our own domestic airlines. Good news all around.
do you have any knowledge of aviation sir ? how many people were working for PIA in dahaka ? most of them Bangladeshis .an airline operations shut down mean effects on .
booking offices
ground crew
office crew
overflying income to BD civil aviation
airport parking and services charges to BD civil aviation
tickets TAX been paid to BD gov

for me i will welcome even if israieli airline fly to pakistan we can earn billions every year .

Pia needs to save its *** so this is actually a good move
And I am happy that peoples are making it an issue . I am not surprised at all , as in this sub forum peoples debate on the viral photo of a BD police wearing underwear. So what else we can expect from them ?

:D

Last edited:
You flatter yourself too much. There are plenty of airlines to choose from for Bangladeshi citizens. PIA would be the last airline on their mind. I doubt it would be much of a problem. It's better to promote Star Alliance Airlines and domestic airlines to build ourselves. Not many BDeshis would go to Pakistan nowadays. Very rare sight to see. Most either go to the Middle East, US, UK or India for business purposes from what I know. And Israeli Airlines? Brother, are you not Muslim?
what about ITEHAD and oman air and air india ? they also terminated bangladesh

Back
Top Bottom