What's new

PIA suspend dahaka flights

I didn't want to go into political discussion, but just to clarify Mujib was nobody's stooge and Bengalis were at no fault in '71. Anyway, thanks for the info. I will see if I can plan a visit.

We have large Bihari and Bengali populations who will disagree with you. Many Pukhtoons’ relatives also served in East Pakistan and still don’t like what happened.

If you ever visit, it wouldn’t be wise to air such controversial views in Pakistan (or most Muslim countries.)

We have large Bihari and Bengali populations who will disagree with you. Many Pukhtoons’ relatives also served in East Pakistan and still don’t like what happened.

If you ever visit, it wouldn’t be wise to air such controversial views in Pakistan (or most Muslim countries.)

Their disagreement don't matter.

Academics and historians around the globe know what happened and whose fault it was.

Also leave out the "most Muslim countries ". You can't speak for them. Other Muslim countries will have their own non-biased views. I doubt expressing my view in other Muslim countries will be any problem.

I won't be looking to discuss these views or any views if I ever go to Pakistan. I wish to visit the country just like I would visit any other county in the world just for travel/holiday purposes. That's all.

Sure PIA crew will miss landing at the following INTL airport of Bangladesh.

Then it would be better to postpone the idea of visiting PAK.:D

No problem, I would rather abandon the idea altogether. I will spend my money for holiday in other countries. There is plenty.

No problem, I would rather abandon the idea altogether. I will spend my money for holiday in other countries. There is plenty.
2018-11-21-00-46-44-9110246842838448052.jpeg

PIA requires some serious restructuring, beginning with the type of aircraft they operate and the number. Currently due to the prevailing image of the airline it isn't realistic to operate the same amount of destinations they used to in their heyday. Similar is the situation with their aircraft. A gradual increase in narrow-body aircraft is needed to keep up with increase in air travel demand within the region. The A320's being operated by PIA currently have proven their worth and other similar aircraft such as the A319 and A321 can be used to serve lower and higher demand destinations respectively in the same market. The problem comes with wide-body aircraft, realistically the capacity of B772 and B77W is justified on a very few routes, PIA is much better off with the likes of something more similar in capacity to the A330 family or the B787. The B777-200LR, for which PIA was the launch costumer, seems to work for long-haul flights but those aircraft are around 15 years old and need replacement, which the B787 can provide very efficiently. Why Emirates and Saudia can operate wide-body aircraft with such frequency from the same airports where PIA struggles to do the same is because of PIA's current image in public eyes. The rebranding that was planned to be undertaken had potential to correct this had it not been barred by the SC. The airline also needs to change the product they offer; the vast majority of passengers travel in economy-class and that is where PIA needs to focus on currently, perhaps provide more amenities or improve the cabins. Also, last I was aware PIA had 5th freedom rights to be able to carry passengers from Dubai to the UK and USA, since PIA don't operate to the USA anymore they're more better off catering to the demand to countries where a majority of Dubai's workforce belongs; Afghanistan, India, Bangladesh and SE Asia etc. China is also an emerging destination courtesy CPEC and many relevant cities aren't served directly by carriers from within Pakistan.

Also as a side note the current Eurowhite livery applied to some aircraft following the hold up on the markhor livery should be, in my opinion, made standard, albeit with a few changes, maybe bring back the green floral pattern on the tail. It offers a modern look, is easy to maintain and is better looking than the previous half beige coloured livery.

Back
Top Bottom