Devil Soul

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
PIA launches in-flight SMS, call service for long route flights
By Web Desk
Published: January 22, 2014

Pakistan International Airlines on Wednesday launched in-flight phone call and SMS service on its Boeing-777 aircrafts, Express News reported.

PIA spokesperson Mashoor Tajwar said customers could avail the service in exchange for a nominal fee which can be paid through their credit cards. He further said the airline will start an in-flight email service very soon.

The Express Tribune had reported in December last year PIA aimed to be the country’s first airline to offer Wi-fi and phone services.

PIA’s Managing Director Junaid Yunus had said then that initially, the facilities will be offered on PIA’s nine Boeing-777s, which have been deployed on longer routes to Europe, US and Canada.

While Pakistan has air services agreements with 45 countries, PIA flies to just a handful of them because of shortage of aircraft.

Still, it is widely believed in the industry that PIA benefits from one of the world’s most loyal brand following. “I am convinced that our point-to-point service will help us take our share back from other carriers,” Yunus said, referring to direct international flights without any stopovers.

aint tat risky ?

Not really, they have Wifi and everything in US on the flight. It was banned earlier because they thought that the signals might affect the aircraft. But the FAA did studies and found no reason to ban them. Plus you don't even get cell signals when you are flying so the only thing left is using in flight wifi .

Not really, they have Wifi and everything in US on the flight. It was banned earlier because they thought that the signals might affect the aircraft. But the FAA did studies and found no reason to ban them. Plus you don't even get cell signals when you are flying so the only thing left is using in flight wifi .
ok :cheers:

Wouldn't it become Sub continent's first airline to offer on board Wi fi? Anyways, I'm glad that PIA is looking forward into the future.

No offence, but airlines have been offering this service for couple of decades now :confused:

No offence, but airlines have been offering this service for couple of decades now :confused:
We know but PIA gets to become first Pakistani (probably even South Asian) to offer these services. WIFI would soon be added to the 777 fleet :cheers:

Not domestic, but I have flown Emirates, Cathay Pacific, Singapore airlines, Gulf Air,JAL, they all had phones.
Are these airlines indian ?

We know but PIA gets to become first Pakistani (probably even South Asian) to offer these services. WIFI would soon be added to the 777 fleet :cheers:
In Dreams My friend :D

Back
Top Bottom