What's new

PIA is technically bankrupt, concedes MD

Even Private Airlines in India makes huge lose. It has to do with global crises rather then just India or Pakistan. In India, most of people fly in those air lines which offer 1 + tax rs. ticket.

budget airlines is introduced now with PIA this has been the case from last few decades ~

PIA infact has become a Randi for all the governments. They use this airlines for there political misadventures.

:)////////////

---------- Post added at 07:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:48 PM ----------

dont worry there will be some aid money coming soon..

Don't worry friend, PIA is not the only airline. Rest assured you are not alone.

Wrong my friend PIA is bank corruppted since 2000 and all other airlines bank corrupted after 2007. PIA has not generated single penny since 2000(according Geo news ) Pak govt pumped money time to time but it failed to genrated income. PIA has no spare parts and oldest fleet in Asia. Today karachi airport has runout of aviation fuel. the airport is shut. :pakistan::pakistan::pakistan:

On a different note, i must say the service of PIA has improved dramatically. I remember when i used to travel with my family in the 90's with PIA, their entire staff was soo rude and incompetant. Now i must say there staff is very friendly and extremely helpfull, i thought the first time that this was just a rare occurance. But boyy was i wrong, i go back home twice a year and i must say everytime their service is excellent.

Airline business, a transportation business, is a business, unfortunately in Pakistan, and I suspect in India, as soon as govt becomes involved. things become political, that is say decisions are not made with business calculations but political calculations.

ILFC had a privatization plan ready to go, but once again, politics, "jobs for the boys" -- how is it that PIA protoges such as Emirates, Malaysian. Gulf and Singapore are not in the red?? They are managed along business lines, not political lines.

Back
Top Bottom