What's new

Photos | Pakistan Police, Rangers, Airport Security, FC, LEA, Rescue & Disaster Response Agencies.

1104675331-1.jpg

nope..... thats SPU - Special Protection Unit.....but which province? Punjab or Sindh....;last i saw SPU Sindh .... it was no better than regular police...going by the gear looks like newly procured items ....
Edit: had a closer look at the patch... that is Sindh Police - SPU....and i be damned they really changed the unit ...... we had some SPU commandos with us back in the days when i was working in the field....all they used to do was sleep...eat & sell the company provided fuel.....

Sindh Special police unit (SPU)
View attachment 433655

nope..... thats SPU - Special Protection Unit.....but which province? Punjab or Sindh....;last i saw SPU Sindh .... it was no better than regular police...going by the gear looks like newly procured items ....
Edit: had a closer look at the patch... that is Sindh Police - SPU....and i be damned they really changed the unit ...... we had some SPU commandos with us back in the days when i was working in the field....all they used to do was sleep...eat & sell the company provided fuel.....
You must be right about the name and yeah that is Sindh police unit dedicated for VIP secuirity i guess .
I'm observing this uniform in police for the first time They Probably changed from previous black to this one
Here is another
FB_IMG_1509232785358.jpg

SSU
FB_IMG_1509232419344.jpg

You must be right about the name and yeah that is Sindh police unit dedicated for VIP secuirity i guess .
I'm observing this uniform in police for the first time They Probably changed from previous black to this one
Here is anotherView attachment 433825
SPU Punjab has the same Uniform, & so iis for Civilian Security Guards at GHQ......i think they want to distinguish between ATS, Elite & SPU, to avoid confusion & conflict of interest among the units

Trickle down effect from SSG and army strategists. It seems armed forces and their respective SOFs dont want to contend with small things as they are busy in a greater context of WOT. Hence this uptick in local police special groups and their equipment & capabilities.

Trickle down effect from SSG and army strategists. It seems armed forces and their respective SOFs dont want to contend with small things as they are busy in a greater context of WOT. Hence this uptick in local police special groups and their equipment & capabilities.
WOT should have been fought by Police. Most civilized countries don't bring Army to fight inside country. You should have Police Force capable enough and equipped enough to do it. That is I keep suggesting Police needs to do raise two forces one which will be Police SWAT they should have same training as SSG of Army. Than their should be a much bigger unit which is trained exactly like LCB. And than for all remaining PoliceMan a 6 week course like the one being done in Pabbi should be made compulsory.

That would make police not police but something like FC etc.
The answer lies in your post. We are not following things that make us civilised. We need to educate and civilize our people starting from the most basic and fundamental level.

One example of fault in education system is that the one who gets a proper good education is who can pay for it and send their child to Beaconhouse, LUMS etc. Other people have to make do with govt schools where master sahab is selling publicly funded furniture and housing cows.

Once we address this problem and some related socio-economic problems and finally stop following british raj era methods of policing. Then we can turn police into a professional force that can deal both with terrorism and petty street crime.
WOT should have been fought by Police. Most civilized countries don't bring Army to fight inside country. You should have Police Force capable enough and equipped enough to do it. That is I keep suggesting Police needs to do raise two forces one which will be Police SWAT they should have same training as SSG of Army. Than their should be a much bigger unit which is trained exactly like LCB. And than for all remaining PoliceMan a 6 week course like the one being done in Pabbi should be made compulsory.

That would make police not police but something like FC etc.
The answer lies in your post. We are not following things that make us civilised. We need to educate and civilize our people starting from the most basic and fundamental level.

One example of fault in education system is that the one who gets a proper good education is who can pay for it and send their child to Beaconhouse, LUMS etc. Other people have to make do with govt schools where master sahab is selling publicly funded furniture and housing cows.

Once we address this problem and some related socio-economic problems and finally stop following british raj era methods of policing. Then we can turn police into a professional force that can deal both with terrorism and petty street crime.
KPK has already done it and doing great. Police can be Police their fighting training doesn't make them Police and Army different their thinking process does. So Police has to be trained to fight like an Army but think like a Police Guy. Specially in Pakistan where even low level robbers have RPG and Grenades and fully automatic Assault Rifles. The steps you mentioned are great but KPK has already proved that change can be made only will power and honest leadership is needed

Back
Top Bottom