What's new

Photos | Pakistan Police, Rangers, Airport Security, FC, LEA, Rescue & Disaster Response Agencies.

One thing I asked many PA guys but didnt really get a definitve answer is that: suppose there is a fireteam of 4-6 guys does PA assign a combat medic(or corpsman in US marines) to such a patrol/fireteam??? Is there even a concept of a combat medic??? Or is there an alternate theory for PA which I am not aware of.

There is no concept of Combat medics in Pakistan, Pakistan Army get higher level of first aid training than that given to police, in that they are taught ligature knots for snake bites, tourniquet use etc.

Civilian first aid:
Breathing, Bleeding, everything else...

Military or Tactical First aid is:
Catastrophic Hemorage / Bleeding, Breathing, Everything else.

I know that SSG get advanced first aid training, but not to the standard of Corpsman. It costs the US Marines somewhere in the region of $1/2 Million USD to train a fully operational corpsman and you can add a couple of million more if s/he is a Para Jumper Rescuer Diver.

I think a good bridge to that level of knowledge would be:
1) CPR, BLS and First aid for regular officers as standard
2) Medical First Responder courses for tactical and traffic cops ( include trauma, med gasses, AED use, Spinal Immobilization, Medical and Trauma emergencies, hemorrhage control, etc).
3) EMT B level training with Remote Medical care for units like SOU

It's being done in KPK. The 100 day course which officers are doing includes giving first aid
Sir that is basic first aid, not MFR. I know the trainer delivering the training from Rescue 1122 :D.

So the basic doctrine for right now is mostly contingent on med-evac either through air assets or land to field hospitals?
How satisfied are regulars & commanders with such mechanism. Does it have good results or there's some room for improvement???

BTW liked ur suggestions. CPR and first aid is taught in high school here, has helped save lives in sometimes unusual circumstances.
There is no concept of Combat medics in Pakistan, Pakistan Army get higher level of first aid training than that given to police, in that they are taught ligature knots for snake bites, tourniquet use etc.

Civilian first aid:

I know that SSG get advanced first aid training, but not to the standard of Corpsman. It costs the US Marines somewhere in the region of $1/2 Million USD to train a fully operational corpsman and you can add a couple of million more if s/he is a Para Jumper Rescuer Diver.

2) Medical First Responder courses for tactical and traffic cops ( include trauma, med gasses, AED use, Spinal Immobilization, Medical and Trauma emergencies, hemorrhage control, etc).

Sir that is basic first aid, not MFR. I know the trainer delivering the training from Rescue 1122 :D.

Civilian first aid:

So the basic doctrine for right now is mostly contingent on med-evac either through air assets or land to field hospitals?
How satisfied are regulars & commanders with such mechanism. Does it have good results or there's some room for improvement???

BTW liked ur suggestions. CPR and first aid is taught in high school here, has helped save lives in sometimes unusual circumstances.

Army Medical corp have trained paramedics who can bridge the skills gap, due to the risks and environments they work in, Pre Hospital ambulatory care in Pakistan army is what we call in the industry "Load and Go", where as Rescue 1122 and most civilian services can afford to "stay and play".

To come back to your first point, there is no study available to review so I am unable to provide you with any authoritative answer with empirical data that would indicate the survival rate of say trauma/medical casualties of military operations.

I think change is slow, steady process. A long time ago an Ambulance was this:

quetta-pakistan-6th-july-2015-an-ambulance-carrying-bodies-arrives-EX3TN1.jpg

And now we have these:
3f423ce9f6c3b9d2a95f941de829dc37--ambulance-sos.jpg

Give it time, I am speaking to Sindh Police about running a TEMS course in the near future Inshallah.

Well glad to see good change. Wish u best of luck from deepest most optimistic part of my heart :-):-)

Army Medical corp have trained paramedics who can bridge the skills gap, due to the risks and environments they work in, Pre Hospital ambulatory care in Pakistan army is what we call in the industry "Load and Go", where as Rescue 1122 and most civilian services can afford to "stay and play".

To come back to your first point, there is no study available to review so I am unable to provide you with any authoritative answer with empirical data that would indicate the survival rate of say trauma/medical casualties of military operations.

I think change is slow, steady process. A long time ago an Ambulance was this:

quetta-pakistan-6th-july-2015-an-ambulance-carrying-bodies-arrives-EX3TN1.jpg

And now we have these:
3f423ce9f6c3b9d2a95f941de829dc37--ambulance-sos.jpg

Give it time, I am speaking to Sindh Police about running a TEMS course in the near future Inshallah.

Civilian first aid:

O I didn't knew that but at least we are on track.

O I didn't knew that but at least we are on track.
Medical training for 1122 is very good, 1122 crew are trained to the following standards:

1. Medical first responder - this is the basic medical qualification and given to both ambulance and rescue fire fighters

2. Emergency medical technician - this is more advanced and focuses on things beyond first aid such as IV drips, IO/IM injections, basic ECG etc.

3. DART: Disaster Assistance Response Team - this is the highest level of rescue training given to rescue 1122 members, they only operate in very complex emergencies.

You guys should have an educational campaign about giving way to ambulances and emergency vehicles.
Medical training for 1122 is very good, 1122 crew are trained to the following standards:

1. Medical first responder - this is the basic medical qualification and given to both ambulance and rescue fire fighters

2. Emergency medical technician - this is more advanced and focuses on things beyond first aid such as IV drips, IO/IM injections, basic ECG etc.

3. DART: Disaster Assistance Response Team - this is the highest level of rescue training given to rescue 1122 members, they only operate in very complex emergencies.

FB_IMG_1515939704016.jpg
FB_IMG_1515939652100.jpg
FB_IMG_1515939704016.jpg
FB_IMG_1515939652100.jpg
FB_IMG_1515939648215.jpg
FB_IMG_1515939697597.jpg
FB_IMG_1515939656745.jpg

These pictures are of basic rescue training for civilians at emergency services academy, Lahore.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1515939681092.jpg
    FB_IMG_1515939681092.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 24
Agreed on that Chief BLS / CPR & AED use is a must for all Officers in Military & Police, it will help them to save life not only of themselves but anyone they encounter during a shootout who has been injured.....given my job role I have to keep my ACLS training upto date so i understand the importance of First Aid, I liked the content of BTLS (trauma life support) and planning to attend the training at Shifa ----- I also like the volunteer program of 1122 but unfortunately i have not been able to get myself on the program --- I am unable to fit their training schedule in my work rotation.

I know you are directly involved in the training for Rescue services so I would like to share an incident (long read)-----few months ago there was a road traffic incident in G11 markaz double road, a suzuki khyber crashed into the road side pavement.....father (the driver) was unhurt but his 12 yrs old daughter was injured......I was passing by and decided to stop and assist as i could see there was only one lady who decided to stop & help the little girl, the kid was traumatized, had bleeding from nose, few lacerations on her face......as i have dealt with few first aid cases before, i approached the kid & asked for her permission to check her(don't want father to beat me up for touching his child).....i had to be very cautious even touching her nose that was dislocated and there was an open wound, she complained of headache & dizziness........the basic questions were asked like if she had difficulty in breathing, if she had any pain in shoulder, kept her calm......When I saw the Ambulance approaching i asked the kid to sit tight (she wanted to walk towards the ambulance) and let the EMTs come to her, they will put her in the stretcher.....she doesn't need to go to them
TO my shock when the EMTs arrived without asking anything, checking the kid they just grabbed her arm made her walk to the ambulance........I was left wondering where all the training went.....
because i have witnessed how medical emergencies are handled abroad (UK & Middle East) I had the same standard set in mind for our EMTs?

Civilian first aid:

at 1:28
the guy rappling down has placed the axe awfully close to the rope

Back
Top Bottom