What's new

Can a revival in Karachi spark change in Pakistan?

To be honest this is a Governance problem and deteriorating conditions in Accountability

a) Crumbling Transportation Segment : No one accountable from Political Parties

b) Crumbling Security on Streets : No Accountability from Police or Mayor

c) No check and balance by Federal Government , and Supreme court on performance of Province

d) When Federal Government passes a bill for Province , it must demand report on funds
usage for Karachi , as it is a important Economical Hub for Pakistan

Between 70's -90's there was influx of Refugees who moved into Karachi
There was lack of reports on Funding released for Transport Improvements

The water situation was never present in Karachi it arrived around 1999 and not due to shortages but due to the Engineering companies , knowingly not building Pipelines or not correctly connecting neighborhoods properly and later demanding Bribes from home owners to connect their homes to main pipeline

Eventually with all the neglect in properly designing the water distribution, network , large towns in cities stopped getting water supply

What has Zia got to do with it?
Though honourable moderation team has deleted my post still i would reply,
During his time Sectarian+ethnic politics got huge boost in Karachi,which did gave birth to MQM and you know what they did with Karachi.During his wonderful tenure hordes of Afghan refuges did settled in karachi and with them came kalashnikov culture and plethora of drugs+new set of crimes,rest is history we all know to date.

Though honourable moderation team has deleted my post still i would reply,
During his time Sectarian+ethnic politics got huge boost in Karachi,which did gave birth to MQM and you know what they did with Karachi.During his wonderful tenure hordes of Afghan refuges did settled in karachi and with them came kalashnikov culture and plethora of drugs+new set of crimes,rest is history we all know to date.
Not his fault, he had to decide between all this and letting the soviet union break Pakistan into a trillon people, do u think defeating a superpower in ur own backyard comes without a price. I dont knw about u but i will always take a Pakistan with gun culture etc over a Pakistan that doesnt exist.

Not his fault, he had to decide between all this and letting the soviet union break Pakistan into a trillon people, do u think defeating a superpower in ur own backyard comes without a price. I dont knw about u but i will always take a Pakistan with gun culture etc over a Pakistan that doesnt exist.
Please get out of that bullshit,if USSR would have decided to invade Pakistan nothing would have stopped 40th Army into crossing Durand Line.
Don't defend incompetence with excuse of state security.

He made bhutto immortal and nawaz his chamcha while setting up MQM

But we should say thank you Pakistanis and karachites

Voting again and again for sindh govt for 20 years doesnt count but 4 months of pti does
Lol dont vent ur frustration out on me mate, niether am i karachite nor did i ever vote for ppp or pmln and bhutto got what was coming to him, wouldve been more dangerous alive then dead either way and propping up mqm to battle vaderas was a good venture, i blame those who came after him for letting it escape the grasp of the state.

Please get out of that bullshit,if USSR would have decided to invade Pakistan nothing would have stopped 40th Army into crossing Durand Line.
Don't defend incompetence with excuse of state security.
As always a little brain dead liberal child with non existant knowledge of that conflict has the audacity to lecture on the topic, dont qoute me again after the utter lack of geopolitical know how and the military dynamics of that era displayed by u. I have better things to do then teach nursery kids abc, god!!!! Imran khan was right when he said many Pakistani's are victim of stunted growth.

Lol dont vent ur frustration out on me mate, niether am i karachite nor did i ever vote for ppp or pmln and bhutto got what was coming to him, wouldve been more dangerous alive then dead either way and propping up mqm to battle vaderas was a good venture, i blame those who came after him for letting it escape the grasp of the state.

As always a little brain dead liberal child with non existant knowledge of that conflict has the audacity to lecture on the topic, dont qoute me again after the utter lack of geopolitical know how and the military dynamics of that era displayed by u. I have better things to do then teach nursery kids abc, god!!!! Imran khan was right when he said many Pakistani's are victim of stunted growth.
Stick with whatever makes you happy man,I won't object.I don't have any knowledge only selected people's in Pakistan have been gifted with geopolitical know how and the military dynamics,you should be proud you are one of them.

There is only one Vision now ..... Save Karachi , move country forward

Yearly loses to Economy

• 2 Billion Dollar Hit from loss of revenue from Transport and Water mismanagement
  • 200-400 Million (Assumption losses in Electricity Theft)
  • Decay of Infrastructure of city to level that exist in African war torn states

PIA head office based in Karachi
PSM (Steeles Mills) head office based in Karachi
Karachi was Pakistan's top Tourism destination internally, using Pakistan Railways
Majority of Pakistan's Top Banks had head offices in Karachi

The documentary shows the problem poor class face due to Transportation crisis
Poor class refuses to relocate to affordable areas , because they can't fund bus and transport service or train service.

Last edited:
Stick with whatever makes you happy man,I won't object.I don't have any knowledge only selected people's in Pakistan have been gifted with geopolitical know how and the military dynamics,you should be proud you are one of them.
USSR wasnt in the position due to backing of both china and USA as well USSR inability to swallow the punny afghanistan

We saw how both backed us in 1971.
Back a losing civil war..you wanted both countries to forcefully occupy esst Pakistan

It was the arrogance of Bhutto and by extension people of Pakistan that led to that situation ..nothing was learned and that arrogance and indifference was repeated in the last decade again with the pushtoons ...

A 13 years old girl dies in sahiwal whole nation cries but per USA estimates 2000 civilians die in drone attacks and their isnt a single shed of tear

Children lost their minds with drones but Pakistani were dancing on "sheir aya" and "bhutto aj be zinda hey"

A port city like Karachi should not be poor. Every port city is wealthy. It sickens me when I look at Karachi, looks like a city in Uganda.

for perspective and amazing future planning in dha phase 8 yes the qabza area built by the greatest supporters and protectors of corruption themselved they dint bother putting water line and thousands of ppl depend on tank mafia (run by beloved protectors of corruptions)! now thats some planning one day a high ranking boy will wakeup and issue an aadar that fauji Inc ka tanker he pani dayga aur 1 tanker 20000 ka hoga layna hai loo nai toh pani bagyr marro!

amazing boys ki generation pani baich keh ayashian karain geen! and we will keep blaming politicians!

Back
Top Bottom