What's new

Photos | Pakistan Police, Rangers, Airport Security, FC, LEA, Rescue & Disaster Response Agencies.

First batch of special operations unit graduates

LAHORE: The Special Operations Unit has been equipped with modern weapons. It is a well-organised and a highly-groomed force and will prove to be ‘a jewel on the forehead of Punjab police’. These views were expressed by Provincial Minister for Anti-Terrorism Lt Col (retd) Sardar Ayub Khan Gaadhi on Wednesday.

He was speaking at the passing out ceremony of the first batch of Special Operations Unit (SOU) at the Elite Training Centre in Bedian.

The minister said that the squad would play a frontline role in police operations and will effectively meet challenges posed by dangerous dacoits and terrorists. He said that like the Elite Force, the SOU would also establish new trends with its professional abilities, zeal and sacrifice.

The unit had undergone rigorous physical training as well as completed several counter-terrorism courses before its graduation, the minister said.

Addl IG PHP Amjad Javed Saleemi also attended the ceremony. Speaking on the occasion, he said, the training of the special operations unit had been conducted under supervision of retired officers of the special services group of the armed forces.

Because of their training from the SSG officers, the SOU would prove unmatched in terms of its capabilities and strengths and would hopefully add new chapters of zeal, determination and valour in the annals of the Police Department in the province.

Saleemi added that the establishment of SOU was the need of the hour to effectively maintain law and order and counter challenges of terrorism. “The Police Department is thankful to the CM for provision of resources for the purpose,” he said.

He congratulated the first batch of graduates and instructed them to work diligently so they could become the pride of the police force. “I am confident that you will leave no stone unturned in ensuring safety of lives and properties of the citizens,” he said.

Elite Force DIG Muhammad Afzal Butt said the need of a special operations unit was first felt during the operation against criminals in the Kachha area in south Punjab. After that, he said, it was decided to establish a unit dedicated for such operations.

More than 180 personnel of the Elite Force were selected for the purpose. After completion of a three-month course, 112 among them were successful in passing out into the first batch of the force.

Earlier, the graduates of the special operations unit displayed their skills in target shooting and also conducting a mock counter terrorism exercise.

Published in Daily Times, December 28th 2017.

https://dailytimes.com.pk/168963/fi...st-years-operation-chotu-gang-riverine-areas/

Lt Col (retd) Sardar Ayub Khan Gaadhi is a great officer and tactical commander. Hopefully he will bring some much needed tactical insight to the Anti Terrorism element of Pakistan's CT operations. Inshallah! Thank you for sharing the news @Zarvan

Special units used to be sooo scarce in Pakistan. Now they're poppin up everywhere. Only if sayasat daans and other officials were not complacent and sleeping khawab e neend e khargoosh this sort of reactionary measure wouldnt have been seen.

Many problems of Pakistan are deeply rooted inside the minds and psychology of it's own people.

I bet you 180$ that I have in my bank rn.
That all of the predecessors of these officers were only mostly concerned with passing their tenure and not doing some actual innovation and trying to bring in some new tactics or weapons to their organization.
Lt Col (retd) Sardar Ayub Khan Gaadhi is a great officer and tactical commander. Hopefully he will bring some much needed tactical insight to the Anti Terrorism element of Pakistan's CT operations. Inshallah! Thank you for sharing the news @Zarvan

Special units used to be sooo scarce in Pakistan. Now they're poppin up everywhere. Only if sayasat daans and other officials were not complacent and sleeping khawab e neend e khargoosh this sort of reactionary measure wouldnt have been seen.

Many problems of Pakistan are deeply rooted inside the minds and psychology of it's own people.

I bet you 180$ that I have in my bank rn.
That all of the predecessors of these officers were only mostly concerned with passing their tenure and not doing some actual innovation and trying to bring in some new tactics or weapons to their organization.

100% I can tell you of one such snake you practically ruined Islamabad Police whilst he was in office! Bani Amin Khan had lost all repute near the end of his tenure and under his leadership of looking the other way, Islamabad Police's reputation as a Law Enforcement Agency was highly in doubt:

http://nation.com.pk/05-Apr-2013/-tainted-igp-bani-amin-replaced-with-zafar

What they refused to show here is that he tried to get his son appointed to the position of Director Bomb Disposal Squad, despite his son not having any EOD experience. This charlatan fired my ustad and the authority on Bomb Disposal in Pakistan and tried to appoint his son in his place:

https://www.pakistantoday.com.pk/20...gp-bani-amins-son-as-bds-director-challenged/

In the end my dear ustad and an expert of 28 years EOD experience Maj (r) Zaheer (ex. SSP Islamabad Special Branch - BDS) died broken and humiliated because of this backstabbing, corrupt bureaucrat in uniform!

As if that wasn't enough, he tried to use his influence to cover up a murder committed by his snake of a son!
http://wavelinking.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/ig-police-bani-amin-family-embroiled-in.html

It makes me sick to my stomach when you think how we these people are trusted by the state and the people and easily they tarnish that scared office!

Kursi k pechey dor.
Lekin jab ye us se milen ge jiss ki haqiqi kursi hai.
Tou phir kya bane ga???
And the worst part is. Because of their bull shit antics even the awaam is slowly becoming like them.
100% I can tell you of one such snake you practically ruined Islamabad Police whilst he was in office! Bani Amin Khan had lost all repute near the end of his tenure and under his leadership of looking the other way, Islamabad Police's reputation as a Law Enforcement Agency was highly in doubt:

http://nation.com.pk/05-Apr-2013/-tainted-igp-bani-amin-replaced-with-zafar

What they refused to show here is that he tried to get his son appointed to the position of Director Bomb Disposal Squad, despite his son not having any EOD experience. This charlatan fired my ustad and the authority on Bomb Disposal in Pakistan and tried to appoint his son in his place:

https://www.pakistantoday.com.pk/20...gp-bani-amins-son-as-bds-director-challenged/

In the end my dear ustad and an expert of 28 years EOD experience Maj (r) Zaheer (ex. SSP Islamabad Special Branch - BDS) died broken and humiliated because of this backstabbing, corrupt bureaucrat in uniform!

As if that wasn't enough, he tried to use his influence to cover up a murder committed by his snake of a son!
http://wavelinking.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/ig-police-bani-amin-family-embroiled-in.html

It makes me sick to my stomach when you think how we these people are trusted by the state and the people and easily they tarnish that scared office!

What is your opinion on Al Barq Force of KPK ??? How close they are to SSG ???

FB_IMG_1514495161895.jpg
FB_IMG_1514494656366.jpg
20171229_021701.jpg
20171229_021629.png
FB_IMG_1514494608059.jpg
20171229_021725.jpg
20171229_021609.png
FB_IMG_1514495347907.jpg
FB_IMG_1514495425800.jpg
FB_IMG_1514495311627.jpg
FB_IMG_1514494640624.jpg

FB_IMG_1514497184382.jpg