What's new

Photos | Pakistan Police, Rangers, Airport Security, FC, LEA, Rescue & Disaster Response Agencies.

2_85125.JPG

Police personnel show their professional skills on occasion of passing out parade ceremony of Balochistan Police held in Quetta on Wednesday, April 16, 2014.

if anyone got some pics of Police,Fc,Rangers deoployed in islambd dharna..then pls share....

Very nice photo's thank you for sharing. Although I still think the name plates should be blurred on every serving officer.

Very nice photo's thank you for sharing. Although I still think the name plates should be blurred on every serving officer.

Hi RR, good to see you here in quite a while.

How are the Rescue and Relief Ops progressing in the flood-hit areas in Pakistan? Hope that it is going well; since the scale of the inundation seems to be unprecedented (at least on the Indian side). Somehow, it seems to have "dropped below the radar horizon (of attention) here on PDF. Hopefully, it is because of the right reason......that the situation has been mitigated.

Hi RR, good to see you here in quite a while.

How are the Rescue and Relief Ops progressing in the flood-hit areas in Pakistan? Hope that it is going well; since the scale of the inundation seems to be unprecedented (at least on the Indian side). Somehow, it seems to have "dropped below the radar horizon (of attention) here on PDF. Hopefully, it is because of the right reason......that the situation has been mitigated.

Hello Captain,
Long time no speak, to be perfectly honest the situation is bad, and it's going to get worse before it gets better. United Nations OCHA upgraded the flood category "Orange" with a magnitude of 6.6, and a severity of class 2 (which means this is an extreme event with an estimated recurrence interval greater than 100 years)

1z3t9w3.png

Colour Code breakdown:
Red = 1000 or more people killed or 800000 or more people displaced. Orange = 100 or more people killed or 80000 or more displaced.

Hello Captain,
Long time no speak, to be perfectly honest the situation is bad, and it's going to get worse before it gets better. United Nations OCHA upgraded the flood category "Orange" with a magnitude of 6.6, and a severity of class 2 (which means this is an extreme event with an estimated recurrence interval greater than 100 years)

1z3t9w3.png

Colour Code breakdown:
Red = 1000 or more people killed or 800000 or more people displaced. Orange = 100 or more people killed or 80000 or more displaced.

Thank you for helping me to understand the magnitude of the problem. Though I did stumble into the other thread (on seeing your by-line appear there) and did see a report that you posted there. Sadly that thread was more political in nature.

On the Indian side, though there is a huge effort mounted on with some really creditable achievements: one thing is apparent--- the initial sluggish reaction at local and district level. Which is a pity since the 'first responders' have to be the Local Authorities. We had the example of last years disaster in N.India (Uttarakhand) due to similar causes which should have been a wake-up call. While the response to the "Cyclone Phailin" in Orissa was exemplary, because of the alert Local Administration there. Of course, the Central/Federal response has been even better this time.
In our part of the world; we still need to create Disaster Awareness and Sensitisation at all levels from Citizenry to Administration. Hope these calamities help us to achieve that eventually.

Good to be back sir.

Some contribution to the thread:
591749-image-1376774440-324-640x480.jpg

540c1f377ac8b.jpg

0beb8f51bd77fd1f69e24d54f2be54d10ff1807b.jpg

1410281220228498000.jpg

401279-RescuePHOTOMuhammadUmairexpress-1340996981-327-640x480.JPG
Sir, i need your feedback on one thing --
Today i went to local Rescue 1122 office to register myself as Volunteer. Yhey have asked me to bring my credentials tomorrow... Now i am already First Aid certifiedand also done the Basic Fire Fighting course, I work in oil company as Training coordinator for field staff...
- my question is what kind of Volunteer work would i be expected to do?
- would i be called in case of a disaster only or my services can be rendered if there is shortage of staff on day to day basis....
- i will be working in the local area/ city only or they can send me out of city ---
--- given the nature of my job, i spend 4 weeks in field and 4 weeks at home --- and if i cannot come to work, will i be excused, whether am at home or not?....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom