26_7498_91dec27203b2d19.jpg

96A

26_7498_dd14eeabcdb61f9.jpg

26_7498_d4acdea89382153.jpg

ZTD05

26_7498_2ea91c0a56820af.jpg

HQ9 SAM model
26_6809_19c08fa2ccef00e.jpg

---------- Post added at 08:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:26 PM ----------

New type SAM model
26_6809_e771662a3d14afc.jpg

---------- Post added at 08:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:27 PM ----------

Movable radar
26_6809_fa31212fc78e1b4.jpg

---------- Post added at 08:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:28 PM ----------

26_6809_d356a702e2e9685.jpg

PLA CJ-10A Air-Launched Cruise Missile (ALCM)

11i1jzq.jpg

25t921i.jpg

CJ-10K (courtesy of ZYZXLB, FF)
CJ-10K is the first generation of modern long range ALCM in the same class of Amercian AGM-86 and Russian Kh-55, designed to attack a variety of fixed, high-value targets. Its configuration features a cylindrical body with two retractable wings, four non-retractable tailfins as well as a retractable engine inlet. However the missile appears to lack any significant stealth features. Based on CJ-10 land-based cruise missile which in turn adopted some Kh-55 technology, CJ-10K ALCM entered the service with PLAAF in the late 2000s, along with the dedicated H-6M missile carrier converted from earlier H-6Fs. Powered by a fuel-efficient turbofan engine, CJ-10 can achieve a range between 1,500 and 2,500km, depending on the payload it carries. As a strategic weapon, it is capable of carrying both nuclear and conventional warhead. CJ-10K utlizes both INS and TERCOM (coupled with GPS?) as the cruising guidance and DSMAC as the terminal guidance, which gives the missile a pinpoint accuracy. The missile is expected to be carried by the new H-6K missile carrier which is still under development. An improved version (CJ-20?) with a longer range (≥3,000km) was rumored to have been under development.
- Last Updated 2/1/11
http://cnair.top81.cn/missile1.htm

H-6K/BC-1 Badger/God of War

1101141834c8234b7be04f6fcb.jpg

1101141834902277cc6ce72102.jpg

One of the H-6K (K/JH6K?) cruise missile carrier prototypes was undergoing a test flight at CFTE. This new variant first flew on January 5, 2007 at XAC. Two prototypes have been produced (861 & 862). Its major improvement is to replace two fuel-thirsty WP-8/AM-3 turojet engines with Russian D-30 series turbofan engines (D-30KP-2? TO thrust 12,000kg, used by Il-76MD), resulting in a greater range (30% more?) and a higher cruise speed. Around 64 D-30KP-2 engines were reported to be imported from Russia between 2006-07. It has been rumored that D-30KP-2 will be produced locally as WS-18. Other improvements include a redesigned solid nose housing a large ground search radar, a chin mounted FLIR/TV turret for night/poor weather missions, nose MAWS sensors, a SATCOM antenna on the top of rear fuselage, a datalink antenna on the bottom of rear fuselage, solid tail cone housing electronics with the tail gunner compartment removed, 6 underwing missile pylons and use of composite materials to reduce weight. Its cockpit has been completely redesigned featuring 6 color MFDs. The aircraft now has 3-member crew located in the forward cabin (two pilots+WSO), each eqipped with a new ejection seat to improve pilot survivalbility. The crew can also get into/out of the cabin quickly through a side door. The internal bomb bay appears retained and no IFR probe has been found. A total of 6 large long-range cruise missles may be carried, which might be the air-launched version of CJ-10 (CJ-10K?) curise missile (range 2,500km, similar to Russian Kh-55). Some images suggested it may also carry a mix of different types of missles, including the smaller KD-63 ASM. H-6K is capable of flying strategic missions with these long-range curise missiles (armed with nuclear warheads). It also has the potential to be converted into ASW aircraft or tanker in the future. It appears that the H-6K production was delayed while waiting for the import of D-30KP-2 engine.
http://cnair.top81.cn/q-5_jh-7_h-6.htm

Last edited:
Y-8J Cub
This airborne early warning (AEW) variant of Y-8 (Project 515) was first spotted near Shanghai in 2000. It may feature a Sky Master surveillance radar (based upon earlier Search Water radar) housed in a enlarged, slightly dropped nose radome, a configuration similar to the smaller Britten Norman Defender twinturboprop for ground and maritime patrol and AEW roles. 6-8 sets of this radar system were purchased by China in 1996 from UK's Racal for $66m. The Sky Master L band PD radar has a detection range of 85km (look-down mode) or 110km (look-up mode) against a 5 m2 aerial target, and 230km against a sea surface target. A total of 100 aerial targets and 32 sea surface targets can be tracked simultaneously. Y-8J also has a limited C&C capability. The system can direct up to 6 aircraft to intercept enemy aircraft. The first prototype flew on September 26 1998. So far at least 3 Y-8J AEW platforms (S/N 9281, 9301, 9311, 9321) were converted by Shannxi Aircraft Industry Corporation (SAC) and both are in service with PLAN. It was speculated that the aircraft could be used to provide targetting information for long-range anti-ship missiles, but this has not been confirmed. This AEW variant is believed to be far less capable than KJ-2000 AWACS just entering service with PLAAF but can be regarded as a stop-gap measure for PLAN until the fully capabable Y-8W AWACS (see below) enters the service.

Chinese Military Aviation | China Air Force

milit319.jpg

milit262.jpg

milit263.jpg

Last edited:
Oh and before i forget. Chinese Special operations did some training in Turkey at our SAS/SAT base.
Here are some pictures. From what i can tell they did the same courses our naval special operations did. Which in Turn is based on the same course work the U.S. Navy Seals do such as hell week.

http://military.china.com/zh_cn/important/64/20090525/15495707.html

Edit the pictures won't show but you can view them from the link. There are 9 pages.

Oh and before i forget. Chinese Special operations did some training in Turkey at our SAS base.
Here are some pictures. From what i can tell they did the same courses our naval special operations did. Which in Turn is based on the same course work the U.S. Navy Seals do such as hell week.

¹ÙÆØÖйúÌØÖÖ±øÔÚÍÁ¶úÆäSAS»ùµØ²Ð¿áѵÁ·¾µÍ·[ͼ]--¾üÊÂƵµÀ-ÖлªÍø-Öйú×î´ó¾üÊÂÍøÕ¾

Edit the pictures won't show but you can view them from the link. There are 9 pages.

Wow amazing stuff. Thnx for posting.

The article mentioned underwater shooting. I presume that special underwater pistols or assault rifles were used?

Kudos for Pan Xin, the Chinese soldier, for surviving such tough trainings. He really put his life on the line when he completed one of the training sessions holding his breath due to equipment failure. This is the type of scenario that will pop up in real life combat situations and frankly I hope more Chinese soldiers could train in such manners.

Here are a couple videos of what the training consists of.

YouTube - SAT Komandolar

YouTube - SAT Komandolar

The videos explains some what they have to do.

You have to dive 20 meters without scuba gear. Swim 13km non stop and be able to operate underwater for up to 4 hours. You also have to row the rubber boat 10 miles. Hell week (the last week) mainly consists of very little sleep (4 hours for the whole week) along with simulated torture and lots of waking up in the middle of the night to live gun fire and explosions and have to eat snakes and frogs. There is also underwater ship sabotage, demolitions, and learning to set up traps. At 1:50 of the second video they each have to claim a rope to receive their food. If they can't they don't receive anything. However idk if the Chinese soldiers did the full course as it takes 8 months to complete. The drop out rate is around 70% for Turkish cadets.

Here are a couple videos of what the training consists of.

YouTube - SAT Komandolar

YouTube - SAT Komandolar

The videos explains some what they have to do.

You have to dive 20 meters without scuba gear. Swim 13km non stop and be able to operate underwater for up to 4 hours. You also have to row the rubber boat 10 miles. Hell week (the last week) mainly consists of very little sleep (4 hours for the whole week) along with simulated torture and lots of waking up in the middle of the night to live gun fire and explosions and have to eat snakes and frogs. There is also underwater ship sabotage, demolitions, and learning to set up traps. At 1:50 of the second video they each have to claim a rope to receive their food. If they can't they don't receive anything. However idk if the Chinese soldiers did the full course as it takes 8 months to complete. The drop out rate is around 70% for Turkish cadets.

Thnx. SO they eat live snakes and frogs.... Well this may not be a problem if the Chinese soldier in question is from Guangdong lol (no offense to our Cantonese friends). I think probably the worst part is gonna be the sleep deprivation from Hell Week. I feel awful when I stay up all night programming so I can't imagine how they could cope with the hard physical activities like long distance swims and free diving on top of sleep deprivation.

According to the article you gave the Chinese soldier was one of the 10 "survivors" of the training. Apparently he stayed to train in Turkey for two years. I wonder if he participated in some other training as well.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom