What's new

PHOTOS: Marcos On Hostage Drill At Reliance Rig

ARCHON

Reaction score
PHOTOS: Marcos On Hostage Drill At Reliance Rig

vksl0758-765255.jpg

vksl0809-767299.jpg

vksl0812-772490.jpg

Livefist - Indian Defence & Aerospace: PHOTOS: Marcos On Hostage Drill At Reliance Rig

Sorry dude i dont think its marcos...its actually force once...

Negative. Check out the patches on their overalls- says Marine Commandos. In any case, you are not likely to see 'Force One' guys slithering from Navy helicopters. Additionally, the exercise is taking place on an offshore oil-rig which is outside the jurisdiction of 'Force One' which is a police force. Operations of the kind being excercised fall under the purview of ODAG of the IN.

firstly VERY nice pics, Indian SF is coming along very nicely (hopefully NSG catches up soon) secondly why in the 2nd and first pics do we see the Rail System on the MP5s
Picatinny rail - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
but no optics attached, did the rails come with the weapons OR do the MARCOS have optics but just not used in these OP (hopefully 2nd option but I've never seen Marcos with optics)

Why not station some of them on the rigs.in case there is a hostage situation it will take some time for them to reach the spot.Prevention is better than cure.

Why not station some of them on the rigs.in case there is a hostage situation it will take some time for them to reach the spot.Prevention is better than cure.

So u do believe all of them are aboard this ship.? :what:

So u do believe all of them are aboard this ship.? :what:

What?

Commandos certainly do not stay on oil rigs ( correct me if i am wrong).What i was saying is that it will not be a bad idea to keep a small unit on every rig to repel any kind of an attack.

What?

Commandos certainly do not stay on oil rigs ( correct me if i am wrong).What i was saying is that it will not be a bad idea to keep a small unit on every rig to repel any kind of an attack.

No way such an elite force be stationed as guardsmen for rigs.. :nono:

No way such an elite force be stationed as guardsmen for rigs.. :nono:

Rigs are not some chunumunu things.Rigs are national assets and protecting them is of great importance.What kind of protection is to be provided is for the government to decide and i am sure there is already a contingency plan in place.I was just giving my opinion.

What?

Commandos do not (usually) stay on Oil-Rigs. However every structure in an off-shore oil-field is not only a rig. Among the structures there are platforms (control,production and accommodation). Sensors,weapons and personnel are deployed as per requirements there. Additionally surface craft are also employed in the off-shore areas on patrol duties. Every platform or rig has heli-decks so rapid transfer and re-deployment can be carried out swiftly as required.

but no optics attached, did the rails come with the weapons OR do the MARCOS have optics but just not used in these OP (hopefully 2nd option but I've never seen Marcos with optics)

check again the gun of the guy on the right.

vksl0809-767299.jpg

Did You guys Check out the Helmets??? It no more the Old Ones... Partyyyyyyy....

Rigs are not some chunumunu things.Rigs are national assets and protecting them is of great importance.What kind of protection is to be provided is for the government to decide and i am sure there is already a contingency plan in place.I was just giving my opinion.

Ganga,
You are quite correct. These assets are worth millions of dollars. Providing protection to them is part of a very well organised plan. In the Indian off-shore industry a formal mechanism for this purpose was set up by the IN in the late 1980s. It became operational first on the West Coast.
Incidentally, the pictures of the current exercise is on the East Coast in the KG basin.

Back
Top Bottom