What's new

photos: genuine or fake tears?

North Koreans' Tears, Sadness Upon Kim Jong Il's Death - TIME

Why do they do it? The answer, as is usual in the Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK), is complicated. Many psychologists who view these scenes from afar consider them legitimate. Raised in isolation and fed an unrelenting diet of personality-cult-driven propaganda for their entire lives, a people can feel rudderless and grief-stricken when they hear that Kim has joined his late father, the Great Leader Kim Il Sung, in the afterlife. Scott Atran, a psychologist at the University of Michigan, notes accurately enough that the people of North Korea were told from Day One that virtually everything they have came from the Dear Leader, "and they have no alternative form of reality." And mass grief, though particularly intense in North Korea, isn't wholly unique. Chinese of a certain age recall that when Mao Zedong died in 1976, many Chinese were shocked into tears that the father of their country was no longer with them.

But as Jane Bolton, a psychiatrist, wrote last year in Psychology Today, "a lot of misunderstanding happens around the act of crying," and in North Korea, is that ever true. There are reasons other than grief that enter into play that, to put it politely, would not be a factor elsewhere. Cheong Seong Chang, a longtime North Korea watcher in Seoul, notes that mid-level party officials, if they are seen to be wailing louder than co-workers, "might get promoted."

Still, clues about what North Koreans actually think are maddeningly elusive. You take them where you can and try to fit them into the puzzle. Consider this: I spent a few days visiting a new university just outside Pyongyang about two weeks before Kim Jong Il died. The school is attended by elite kids, many of them connected to senior levels of government or the military. Some of the faculty and administration of this experimental new school — all of whom are foreigners — were on campus when the announcement of Kim's death came. I asked one person how the students had reacted to the news. Was there wailing, gnashing of teeth, rending of garments? "They were quiet, definitely," this person said. "But there was no crying."

ONLY 1 PERSON IN HISTORY OF NORTH KOREA HAS MANAGED TO SUCCESSFULLY ESCAPE FROM THERE.

Shin Dong-hyuk (human rights activist) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

BESIDES, INTERNET IS BANNED IN NK

how can its possible man i capture north Korean plane parked in Islamabad air port. they can fly and go anywhere am i wrong?

69792_1743264179100_1163594658_32020043_2293274_n.jpg

how can its possible man i capture north Korean plane parked in Islamabad air port. they can fly and go anywhere am i wrong?

69792_1743264179100_1163594658_32020043_2293274_n.jpg

TRAVELLING ABROAD IS NOT BANNED. THE RULING ELITE AND MILITARY PEOPLE WITH THEIR FAMILIES CAN GO WITH EASE.
BUT FOR THE COMMON MAN, HE HAS TO OBTAIN PERMISSION WHICH IS NEXT TO IMPOSSIBLE.

TO ADD TO IT, NORTH KOREA BENIFITS A LOT FROM THE MONEY THEY GET DUE TO TOURISM, MAINLY CHINESE TOURISTS

TRAVELLING ABROAD IS NOT BANNED. THE RULING ELITE AND MILITARY PEOPLE WITH THEIR FAMILIES CAN GO WITH EASE.
BUT FOR THE COMMON MAN, HE HAS TO OBTAIN PERMISSION WHICH IS NEXT TO IMPOSSIBLE.

TO ADD TO IT, NORTH KOREA BENIFITS A LOT FROM THE MONEY THEY GET DUE TO TOURISM, MAINLY CHINESE TOURISTS
wow so they even can't go china sir ? WTF man its a jail or country bloody dictator died is better :angry:

wow so they even can't go china sir ? WTF man its a jail or country bloody dictator died is better :angry:

AS CHINA IS AN ALLY OF NORTH KOREA, IT DEPORTS THE DEFECTORS BACK TO THEM AND THEN THEY ARE PUNISHED BACK HOME.
SO THE TREND OF DEFECTING TO CHINA HAS ALSO REDUCED RECENTLY.

ONLY 1 PERSON IN HISTORY OF NORTH KOREA HAS MANAGED TO SUCCESSFULLY ESCAPE FROM THERE.

Shin Dong-hyuk (human rights activist) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

BESIDES, INTERNET IS BANNED IN NK

Nope many run away every year,a soldier once crossed the DMZ and surrendered to the South Korean Army he lives in Seoul now,another soldier who worked in the NK labor camps also escaped.

The most common route is to cross china,go to Bangkok and seek asylum in the South Korean embassy there,then you are flown off to SK.You have to quickly leave China cause if you dont and Chinese Police catch you its back to NK.These guys are then schooled for a year in SK to remove all the propaganda effect,taught some basic skills.Later some seek employment,some attend college and live a fine FREE life.

Internet as such isnt banned but NK govt. controls what the citizens can see.Anyway until you dont have a clean political record you arent allowed to live in Pyongyang.

Nope many run away every year,a soldier once crossed the DMZ and surrendered to the South Korean Army he lives in Seoul now,another soldier who worked in the NK labor camps also escaped.

The most common route is to cross china,go to Bangkok and seek asylum in the South Korean embassy there,then you are flown off to SK.You have to quickly leave China cause if you dont and Chinese Police catch you its back to NK.These guys are then schooled for a year in SK to remove all the propaganda effect,taught some basic skills.Later some seek employment,some attend college and live a fine FREE life.

Internet as such isnt banned but NK govt. controls what the citizens can see.Anyway until you dont have a clean political record you arent allowed to live in Pyongyang.

WELL, THE ABOVE MENTIONED PERSON IS OFFICIALLY THE ONLY ONE TO HAVE ESCAPED AND TOLD HIS STORY.

OTHERS WHO MAY HAVE ESCAPED DIDNT HAVE COURAGE TO FACE THE CAMERAS DUE TO FEAR. BUT STILL, THEIR NUMBERS WOULD BE VERY FEW,LESS THAT 50 FOR SURE.

REGARDNG INTERNET, AS I SAID , RULING ELITE DO HAVE ACCESS TO INTERNET. IT IS THE COMMON MAN WHICH SUFFERS.
THERE IS ONLY 1 CYBER CAFE IN N.K

AND YES, INTERNET IS HEAVILY MONITORED AND CONTENT IS SPARCE( ONLY EMAILS).

WELL, THE ABOVE MENTIONED PERSON IS OFFICIALLY THE ONLY ONE TO HAVE ESCAPED AND TOLD HIS STORY.

OTHERS WHO MAY HAVE ESCAPED DIDNT HAVE COURAGE TO FACE THE CAMERAS DUE TO FEAR. BUT STILL, THEIR NUMBERS WOULD BE VERY FEW,LESS THAT 50 FOR SURE.

REGARDNG INTERNET, AS I SAID , RULING ELITE DO HAVE ACCESS TO INTERNET. IT IS THE COMMON MAN WHICH SUFFERS.
THERE IS ONLY 1 CYBER CAFE IN N.K

AND YES, INTERNET IS HEAVILY MONITORED AND CONTENT IS SPARCE( ONLY EMAILS).

Yeah they get their faces blurred out when giving interviews.This guy is the only one to officially escape a prison camp.

yeah that actually had me pee my pants with laughter.:rofl:

KOREAN NEWS AGENCY GONE NUTS

PORTION OF THE NEWS:

A snowstorm hit as Mr Kim died and ice on the volcanic Chon lake near his reported birthplace at Mount Paektu cracked, it said.

Following the storm's sudden end at dawn on Tuesday, a message carved in rock - "Mount Paektu, holy mountain of revolution. Kim Jong-il" - glowed brightly, it said. It remained there until sunset.

On the same say, a Manchurian crane also apparently adopted a posture of grief at a statue of the late leader's father in the northern city of Hamhung.

"Even the crane seemed to mourn the demise of Kim Jong-il, born of Heaven, after flying down there at dead of cold night, unable to forget him," KCNA reported officials as saying.

no man, the tears seem legit to me, but that is because they have been brainwashed their whole life and worshiped that man. They have no idea what is going on outside of NK and get brainwashed trough radio and TV

KOREAN NEWS AGENCY GONE NUTS

PORTION OF THE NEWS:

A snowstorm hit as Mr Kim died and ice on the volcanic Chon lake near his reported birthplace at Mount Paektu cracked, it said.

Following the storm's sudden end at dawn on Tuesday, a message carved in rock - "Mount Paektu, holy mountain of revolution. Kim Jong-il" - glowed brightly, it said. It remained there until sunset.

On the same say, a Manchurian crane also apparently adopted a posture of grief at a statue of the late leader's father in the northern city of Hamhung.

"Even the crane seemed to mourn the demise of Kim Jong-il, born of Heaven, after flying down there at dead of cold night, unable to forget him," KCNA reported officials as saying.

thats what call pure propaganda man . soviets install it but forget to delete it when they delete there own communism propaganda software :lol: sorry if you feel bad

Back
Top Bottom