What's new

PHOTOS: Arjun Mk.2 In Desert Trials

Thats doesnt matter because you are still unable to develop better than t-90(1995). Atleast we did that even in 2010.

& what I find in Google that Al-Khalid was initially equipped with chines gun which was later rejected & replaced by Ukranian one.

Now I can imagine the quality of Chines gun.:pop:

The reson is that Chinese gun cant fire with Ukranian ammo and missle ,(The ammunition for the 2A46 gun is 2-piece, in that the projectile is loaded first, followed by a separate propellant charge. Chinese ammunition is 1-piece)and China cant sell missle to Pakistan in 2001.
The first chinese 125 missle from 2006.

well buddy dont beleve we are not dying eother if you are not going to beleve we beleve in phylosophy of slow and steady and its doing the job for us just fine

:cheers:

I believe that Arjun MBT 2 was developed, but it not in service yet and Al-Khalid I is coming.

Arjun design was changed few time with in itself. Initially it was 40 ton tank, & you are saying that we were going to put such a large caliber in 40 ton tank (only chines can do that) :hang3:

& what I find in Google that Al-Khalid was initially equipped with chines gun which was later rejected & replaced by Ukranian one.

Now I can imagine the quality of Chines gun.:pop:

One of the early Arjun prototypes was unveiled in April 1985, with a number of prototypes undergoing technical testing while desert trials were scheduled for that summer. At the time, it was reported to have a 120mm smooth-bore main gun and would use a 1400-hp MTU-based diesel until an indigenous one was ready. Weight would be about 50 tons, and the tank would cost about $1.6 million (U.S.). Development costs rose about 500 percent throughout the '80s, and through a development process plagued with delays, the end product visually resembles the German Leopard II, however, unlike the German vehicle, its future remains in doubt.

GIAT CN120-26/52 from 1990.
IMI 120 mm gun from 1989.

The main gun is a locally-produced 120mm rifled gun developed by MRS; this gun can fire both Indian-produced ammunition and British-made ammunition made for their 120mm rifled guns. (The Indians have also developed some specialized rounds for the gun, such as a proximity-fuzed anti-helicopter round, similar to the LAHAT.)

The other reason is that Indian only produced ammunition for rifled gun.

The main gun is a locally-produced 120mm rifled gun developed by MRS; this gun can fire both Indian-produced ammunition and British-made ammunition made for their 120mm rifled guns. (The Indians have also developed some specialized rounds for the gun, such as a proximity-fuzed anti-helicopter round, similar to the LAHAT.)

:cheesy:
Common we are using more than 2000 t72 from 90s which are equiped by smoothbore also. So ARJUN with smotthbore will decrease headache of maintenance & ammunition type.

One thing I am wondering about RIFLE GUN IN ARGUN. Really in last years army just needed a clue of ARJUN drawback but they never speak about it RIFLE-gun as many of people arguing on that. :undecided:

And 1st ARJUN prototype unveil in 88-89 & weighted 40 ton, may be it was over weighted as lack of capabilities.

I also want to see a smoothbore-gun in ARJUN as it will give it capabilty of all round performance, but belive me rifle-gun give so much it so much anti-tank capability which you just can imagine in dreams. So it is nightmare for the AL-KHALID.

SoIts completely on IA what they want in ARJUN & for now they are happy with rifle-gun.

Arjun MBT 1 performed better than T-90s( 1995 ) until 2010,its main that its a rubbish before 2010.

well who cares about the past its what you have in present and your future plans and how are your working to achive is what matters in the long run SIR :azn:

I believe that Arjun MBT 2 was developed, but it not in service yet and Al-Khalid I is coming.

well so is Arjun MK2 +(we have around 900 T90s as of now & some 800 odd on order & some 2000 T72s wich are already in process of bieng upgraded with latest and most leathel fire power and systems of all kinds )and since we dont have money constraints and Govt is willing and takin care of the finances we will have them + as for good ammo and tech well we dont have an issue there aswell since we already have tech transfer and help for fine tuning all the issues with help from russian , french and israeli who are more than willing to give there services for money we dont beg for wepons aid niether we look for soft loans and niether we do staeling and illeagel copy paste job so in short we are happy to get the best and owr suppliers are more than willing to give whtever best they have to offer :cheers:

One of the early Arjun prototypes was unveiled in April 1985, with a number of prototypes undergoing technical testing while desert trials were scheduled for that summer. At the time, it was reported to have a 120mm smooth-bore main gun and would use a 1400-hp MTU-based diesel until an indigenous one was ready. Weight would be about 50 tons, and the tank would cost about $1.6 million (U.S.). Development costs rose about 500 percent throughout the '80s, and through a development process plagued with delays, the end product visually resembles the German Leopard II, however, unlike the German vehicle, its future remains in doubt.

GIAT CN120-26/52 from 1990.

So whats your point we have the Tank with latest and most leathel tech + the best ammo for owr requirements and we will be mass producing them in a year whats your issue i guess your just trying to be over zelous to either deny the facts or just trying to make fun to caress your bruised ego since nobody trusts china with latest tech and even with tons of money your country cant procure the best but we do the same as world has faith in us and money is also not a big issue so whats your point sir

Plz tell me why India buy 807 lower-end MBTS T-90, only 124 Arjun Nk1?

Arjun is suitable for desert warfare, but its weight and size means it is not suitable for war near China border.

T 90 is capable of fighting in both terrains mentioned, due to its small size and below 50 tons weight.

Most importantly infrastructure in sub-continent for example, size of roads, capacity of bridges are suitable for tanks with weight between 40 to 50 tons(while Arjun weighs 60 tons plus currently and MK 2 will weigh 65 plus tons.)

Which means a armored thrust consisting formations of 40 to 50 ton tank will face minimum obstacles and will require minimum tank layer support, in all terrains mentioned.

All these factors make T-90 ideal candidate for 'Work Horse' Role.

@Teeta nobody will give the official doc about arjun mbt which comes under classified. You need to first know that before showing your arrogance and ignorance here.

Then stop claiming that Arjun-2 is some super tank that Israelis are astonish to see. Also, stop saying that your rifled gun is something very special.

All in all, uptil now, all the facts have proven that Al Khalid-1 is a way superior tank to Arjun-1, as simple as that.

Al Khalid-1 is already here..not coming.

See post 91 to get the evidence of this....

Last edited by a moderator:
Then stop claiming that Arjun-2 is some super tank that Israelis are astonish to see. Also, stop saying that your rifled gun is something very special.

We are talking about Arjun MBT 2.

All in all, uptil now, all the facts have proven that Al Khalid-1 is a way superior tank to Arjun-1, as simple as that.

Al Khalid-1 is already here..not coming.

See post 91 to get the evidence of this....

Welcome back in thread.
Pls give us few more knowledge.

What you want? Just ask.

Can you compare t10 ( japan) & type99 of china?? Because there is really some serious tension just like indo-pak border & also compare it with M1 because USA will interfere in any type of skrimise.

Back
Top Bottom