What's new

Philippines Defence Forum

Count the AFP on the picky list too i told you i dont know what their deal is with MRE or ready to eat meals its annyoing me too but they said they dont like they like to cook for themsleves i guess its cultural they use to what they can find it the market or the jungle.

Just buy French MRE then.

Any news on your FA-50 guys? Cant wait to see them arrives at Philippine.

Any news on your SPYDER SAM?? Heard you guys Bought this??

Any news on your FA-50 guys? Cant wait to see them arrives at Philippine.

Any news on your SPYDER SAM?? Heard you guys Bought this??

The FA-50 is likely to arrive around late-2015 as the deliveries of the aircraft will proceed 18 months after the signing of contract which occurred last March of this year.

As for the SPYDER, no new news about that.

Just buy French MRE then.

Well not a bad plan but its up to the AFP leadership not to me or any other memebers of the Forum its karatehan (picky) of the soldiers to do thing i know one those werid traditions of the AFP but i think we need to educate the soldiers more on the value of MREs and stop depending on their taste but again its a filipino thing to eat cook meal made by family or yourself its just odd culture mindset we have.

I think it is time to explore the possibility of the Navy or Marine Corps operating hovercrafts.

The Finnish hovercraft Tuuli is an armed hovercraft:

7200c814e0cb2df22ad92f55d726b875.jpg

I don't think you can do that, GDP alone cannot signify defense budget increase

Some of the problem Philippines has to face is that up until now they still have very low tax ratio, I believe is under 15%, which in term of fiscal capability, your government are incapable to generate enough money through taxes to finance all government spending and expenses, and as the result, your goverment basically run in deficit budget annually

2ndly, most of your national budget by law had already been allotted for numerous post (education, pork barrel etc, i.e. you cannot erase it nor decrease the amount of money that had been allocated for those specific spending/expenses ), which creates fiscal inflexibility for the government to juggle the budget allocation around

at 300 billion gdp, if we increase our defense expenditure by 1.5% thats 4.5 billion a year. leave the 3.5 bill for salaries, pensions, expenses and upgrading in facilities, etc. and we have a 1 billion for buying assets per year. a president implementing this kind of change have a 6 year leeway. set aside 100 mill per year for the CUH and will have 30 fleet by the end if his term. what you think?

Attack helicopters with night vision for Philippine Air Force arriving
(philstar.com) | Updated October 13, 2014 - 12:55pm

dcb6125f7e1d70c301685941ebae24e1.jpg

A photo of a AW109 Power helicopter, which the Philippine Air Force is purchasing from an Italian company. AugustaWestland photo

MANILA, Philippines — New attack helicopters that can operate in the dark are set to arrive for the Philippine Air Force, Armed Forces of the Philippines chief Gen. Gregorio Pio Catapang said.

The new units will have night vision capability allowing pilots to target hostile subjects even in the dark.

"We have capable helicopters arriving for the PAF," Catapang said while touring in Sulu on Sunday, according to a state news report.

Catapang said that the new helicopters set to arrive this year shows progress in the military's modernization campaign.

The Air Force earlier selected eight pilots to man and operate the AgustaWestland AW-109 Power helicopters and sent them to train in Costa di Samarate, Italy.

Also undergoing training are 22 maintenance personnel.

The Air Force signed the contract for eight AW109 Power light twin helicopters last November. The P3.44-billion contract includes initial logistics support and training for aircrew and maintenance personnel, the Italian firm said.

"These aircraft will be used to perform a range of duties including homeland security, armed reconnaissance and close support," AugustaWestland said in an earlier statement.

The AW109 Power is a three-ton class eight seat twin engine helicopter, dubbed as the most cost effective helicopter in its class for a range of government tasks. - Camille Diola

-----

Attack helicopters with night vision for Philippine Air Force arriving | Headlines, News, The Philippine Star | philstar.com

-----

I would personally prefer the A129 or Tiger attack helicopters...

Last edited:
We dont have the budget kabayan

Your govt needs to compromise and amend the budgetary laws that are very restrictive. New actions to the laws enable it to accommodate the needed and necessary spending in order such deterrence to be fruit full. Basically have the very best weapons for your soldiers on the market not on affordability.

Yes thats what we are doing and we doing it slow we have a lot of problems not just the chinese imperialist its no secret that we do we need to budget our money thats it.

Your govt needs to compromise and amend the budgetary laws that are very restrictive. New actions to the laws enable it to accommodate the needed and necessary spending in order such deterrence to be fruit full. Basically have the very best weapons for your soldiers on the market not on affordability.

My friend, that is indeed very true. In fact, we should also do the same regarding Japan's own defense expenditure law, which restricts it at less than 1% of the GDP. We should increase this to 2%.

Currently, our defense budget at $59 Billion is not enough. It should be at least $120 Billion.

Yes thats what we are doing and we doing it slow we have a lot of problems not just the chinese imperialist its no secret that we do we need to budget our money thats it.

I say strip the pork barrel system, imprison all the corrupt officials , policy makers in your country. Reinstate the capital punishment , have those guilty of crimes hanged or shot. That should send a clear signal and message.

We dont have the budget kabayan

We could have budget if the someone confiscates all unaccounted assets of every single politician in the country at gunpoint and divert them to infrastructure and defense spending.

My friend, that is indeed very true. In fact, we should also do the same regarding Japan's own defense expenditure law, which restricts it at less than 1% of the GDP. We should increase this to 2%.

Currently, our defense budget at $59 Billion is not enough. It should be at least $120 Billion.

I say strip the pork barrel system, imprison all the corrupt officials , policy makers in your country. Reinstate the capital punishment , have those guilty of crimes hanged or shot. That should send a clear signal and message.

The first one is done no more pork barrel second one never not as long the people are dumb enough to vote for the same names and family names luckly i am not one of them and the last one so far its just for drug offenders if the bill passes in congress and i dont think with the same set of people that any bill that would kill this SOBs will pass any time soon

We could have budget if the someone confiscates all unaccounted assets of every single politician in the country at gunpoint and divert them to infrastructure and defense spending.

Good luck with that if your voter vote for people who gives a flying f about our country i too want a stronger better Philippines but the people themselves dont want too.

Back
Top Bottom