What's new

Philippines Defence Forum

The problem is that one of the recent threads here got too personal due to a Chinese member "hitting a certain spot" which caught my ire, aside from posting insensitive comments.

While the Filipino members here may not follow what I posted earlier, there is likely a slow down in posting news here since even they don't post any updates in this thread.

Dude, don't take things personal. Don't also dish personal insults. Remember: it takes two to tango.

Kalma ka lang diyan.

old photos of SSV, before main mast installation
12321133_219188175079783_901400944188689397_n.jpg

Electrical panels for SSV#1 stored in PT. Pal Indonesia workshop, ready to be installed on board.
12341602_219197201745547_669128562563229287_n.jpg

Last edited:
Man its slow process made even slower i hope the line up am voting for wins the next election we need to continue this

Hopefully Taurus and KAI will agree to implement KEPD 350K-2 for FA-50PH, this would make it deadly against war ships and ground targets.

No use, regarding limited radar range of FA50, short legged too and harsh fact about the total absence of otht platform and installation in ph.

Just use jdam, paveway and maverick will sufficient to meet ph internal challange right now

No use, regarding limited radar range of FA50, short legged too and harsh fact about the total absence of otht platform and installation in ph.

Just use jdam, paveway and maverick will sufficient to meet ph internal challange right now

FA-50 radar is produced in South Korea, it is licensed radar from israel, modified and further developed jointly.

It is improved version or original Israely one.

KEPD 350 does not need radar guideance :P

A modest acquisition, but definitely GREAT improvement. Good Job Philippines!

Philippine delegation visiting PT.PAL Indonesia to check the SSV's development progress
View attachment 277058
View attachment 277059

Impressive development. This will be a major backgbone for Philippine Navy's deployment mandate throughout the 7000 islands in the insular republic. The Philippines needs to purchase at least 6 of these from Indonesia to support her objectives.

The Philippines needs to purchase at least 6 of these from Indonesia to support her objectives.

6 would be great. I think PT.PAL Indonesia will be more than willing to take up the challange. But we can expect at least 2 more order from the Philippines in the future to complete their requirement of 4 SSV in their Navy desired force mix 2020. Furthermore, the next order most likely will include ToT so they will be able to build the ship themselves (through licencing or they'll need to make their own design), or at least maintain them well and make custom modification as they wish.

desired-force-mix.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom