What's new

Pew Report: Jews and Hindus are most highly-educated in US

Genetics is not unchanging though, gene expression changes with the environment plus selective pressures. Ashkanzi jews are a standard deviation smarter than normal Jews and this change came about in a few centuries of European persecution.

In my experience, not scientific by any means, Brahmins are very good at "studying" and understanding abstract concepts, which makes them good researchers so long as a research subject is actually given to them . Probably from long tradition and a family culture of studying the religious texts.

I hope I am not being rude, but to be useful you need an ability to connect with the real world as well, a little initiative etc which Brahmins kinda lack...sorry, no offence.

While I applaud your family for taking this very honorable stand, which I think is in the original spirit of "reservations". I.e. use them when you need them and pass it on to others when you don't. May I ask why would you pass up such an advantage? If I were a child in your family I would be complaining loudly. Why not take advantage of the system ?

It is offensive when you talk of a certain sect, or a race or caste etc. But anecdotal evidence, personal experience and opinions are irrelevant. They don't mean anything.

Blacks in the US still lag behind the Whites in education and social responsibilities.

Sometime cultural disadvantages is hard to mitigate. US is one of the most meritocratic places I know of .(I am sure you disagree :P)

Same is true for India.

Blacks in US have a peculiar history, a rather cruel one, and to that add the dole economics and victimhood being preached in churches and other entrenched organization plus the institutional racism, there is no way they can get out of it. Whereas the blacks coming from the African nations do remarkably well in USA. They have the same success statistics like Indians do.
"Africans" doing better than "blacks" in college | Science Buzz
While I applaud your family for taking this very honorable stand, which I think is in the original spirit of "reservations". I.e. use them when you need them and pass it on to others when you don't. May I ask why would you pass up such an advantage? If I were a child in your family I would be complaining loudly. Why not take advantage of the system ?

I am not a believer of dole economics and do not consider myself in need of help. None in my family do. Self respect is far more important than any handouts. The children in my house understand this as well.

I hope I am not being rude, but to be useful you need an ability to connect with the real world as well, a little initiative etc which Brahmins kinda lack, very low testosterone kind of people.... sorry, no offence.

He is a Nair, so no offense would be taken :P

Blacks in US have a peculiar history, a rather cruel one, and to that add the dole economics and victimhood being preached in churches and other entrenched organization plus the institutional racism, there is no way they can get out of it. Whereas the blacks coming from the African nations do remarkably well in USA. They have the same success statistics like Indians do.

I am not talking about Negroid Race, but about Black americans.

You fail the acknowledge the role culture and history has to play in moulding societies and sub cultures. Caste system in India had degenerated into institutional racism. The effects of that cannot be eliminated so fast.

I am not talking about Negroid Race, but about Black americans.

You fail the acknowledge the role culture and history has to play in moulding societies and sub cultures. Caste system in India had degenerated into institutional racism. The effects of that cannot be eliminated so fast.

When I pointed out their history, I was pointing at their culture and history and hence acknowledging it. Their family system was broken and they have not yet developed a culture of family values.

Caste system is the past. As a townie I have never suffered its effects nor have I ever heard of any such incident from any one in my entire life. I have to read newspapers just like you do to know that there is caste system live and kicking somewhere in the country. So I really do not know how that sets me apart from you or any Brahmin. The kids in my house went to Army Public School and studied among the best and are as pretty as they come. With so many advantages to them already, I do not see how or why I should breed any victimhood mentality in them.

I am not a believer of dole economics and do not consider myself in need of help. None in my family do. Self respect is far more important than any handouts. The children in my house understand this as

Well in that case, my respect to you and your family, you are a better man than me.

Iyers and Iyengars have a reputation of being smart but also of being untrustworthy and maybe where there is smoke there is fire. Namboodri's OTOH have no such reputation.
Tamil Brahmins are very well assimilated and respected group in Kerala unlike other Tamil speaking groups in Kerala,who have no respect for local culture and language..greatest Malayalam poet of all the time 'ulloor s parameswaraiyar is a Tamil Brahmin..
just go to Palaghat town(which has good Tamil Brahmin population) and Munaar(Tamil dalits majority town and are immigrants from madhurai,theni of Tamilnadu to work in tea plantations) in Kerala..In palaghat,you can't see a single Tamil banners or boards and all of them could speak Malayalam fluently and very well integrated with Kerala..But in Dalit Tamil area of Kerala Munaar,you could see only Tamil language boards everywhere,have no respect for Kerala,our language and 99% of them can't speak a single Malayalam word even though they have been here for 40-100 years..
look,Both of them speak Tamil,but see the difference a Brahmin and.a Dalit(no offense)..This is why Tamil Brahmins are very much respected in Kerala..

When I pointed out their history, I was pointing at their culture and history and hence acknowledging it. Their family system was broken and they have not yet developed a culture of family values.

Caste system is the past. As a townie I have never suffered its effects nor have I ever heard of any such incident from any one in my entire life. I have to read newspapers just like you do to know that there is caste system live and kicking somewhere in the country. So I really do not know how that sets me apart from you or any Brahmin. The kids in my house went to Army Public School and studied among the best and are as pretty as they come. With so many advantages to them already, I do not see how or why I should breed any victimhood mentality in them.

You acknowledge its existence but not its deep impact and damage to the ecosystem that make us who we are. An ecosystem that moulds minds and attitude.

The environment at your home, in your community, your society, the way your parents and relatives think, their value systems, their drive, hope and ambitions, their level of exposure, education, travel, ability, the victim hood they experienced, believed, fought against, did not fight against, awareness etc. ALL contribute to moulding your present and future.

We are a amalgamation of history, present and imagination of a future. So your caste, community, nation, culture, religion, genetics etc all play a role and part in making us who we are. We can only fight it so much, for so long.

Well in that case, my respect to you and your family, you are a better man than me.

That would be a better "woman" :D

Tamil Brahmins are very well assimilated and respected group in Kerala unlike other Tamil speaking groups in Kerala,who have no respect for local culture and language..greatest Malayalam poet of all the time 'ulloor s parameswaraiyar is a Tamil Brahmin..
just go to Palaghat town(which has good Tamil Brahmin population) and Munaar(Tamil dalits majority town and are immigrants from madhurai,theni of Tamilnadu to work in tea plantations) in Kerala..In palaghat,you can't see a single Tamil banners or boards and all of them could speak Malayalam fluently and very well integrated with Kerala..But in Dalit Tamil area of Kerala Munaar,you could see only Tamil language boards everywhere,have no respect for Kerala,our language and 99% of them can't speak a single Malayalam word even though they have been here for 40-100 years..
look,Both of them speak Tamil,but see the difference a Brahmin and.a Dalit(no offense)..This is why Tamil Brahmins are very much respected in Kerala..

Brahmins were patronised by the rule class and provided political protection. That makes all the difference.

You acknowledge its existence but not its deep impact and damage to the ecosystem that make us who we are. An ecosystem that moulds minds and attitude.

The environment at your home, in your community, your society, the way your parents and relatives think, their value systems, their drive, hope and ambitions, their level of exposure, education, travel, ability, the victim hood they experienced, believed, fought against, did not fight against, awareness etc. ALL contribute to moulding your present and future.

We are a amalgamation of history, present and imagination of a future. So your caste, community, nation, culture, religion, genetics etc all play a role and part in make us who we are. We can only fight it so much, for so long.

I already covered this when I said this forms the social capital which a lot of recently affluent Dalits lack. Also that it just takes one generation to acquire it and get out of the rut. The future is ours to mold and would not be and should not be held hostage to the past.

I already covered this when I said this forms the social capital which a lot of recently affluent Dalits lack. Also that it just takes one generation to acquire it and get out of the rut. The future is ours to mold and would not be and should not be held hostage to the past.

And I gave the example of Blacks in the US to show that it takes more than one Generation to get out of the prison of the past.

document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', function () { // Create the CSS for the popup var style = document.createElement('style'); style.innerHTML = ` /* Style for the popup */ .popup { display: none; /* Hidden by default */ position: fixed; z-index: 999; left: 0; top: 0; width: 100%; height: 100%; overflow: auto; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8); /* Black background with opacity */ } .popup-content { position: relative; background-color: #fff; margin: 15% auto; padding: 20px; width: 80%; max-width: 600px; box-shadow: 0 5px 15px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3); } .close-btn { position: absolute; top: 10px; right: 25px; color: #aaa; font-size: 28px; font-weight: bold; cursor: pointer; } .close-btn:hover, .close-btn:focus { color: #000; text-decoration: none; cursor: pointer; } `; document.head.appendChild(style); // Create the HTML for the popup var popup = document.createElement('div'); popup.id = 'videoPopup'; popup.className = 'popup'; popup.innerHTML = ` `; document.body.appendChild(popup); // Show the popup when the page loads popup.style.display = 'block'; // Get the close button var closeBtn = document.querySelector('.close-btn'); // Close the popup when the user clicks on the close button closeBtn.onclick = function () { popup.style.display = 'none'; var iframe = document.getElementById('youtubeVideo'); iframe.src = iframe.src; // Stop the video from playing } // Close the popup when the user clicks anywhere outside of the popup window.onclick = function (event) { if (event.target == popup) { popup.style.display = 'none'; var iframe = document.getElementById('youtubeVideo'); iframe.src = iframe.src; // Stop the video from playing } } });
Back
Top Bottom