What's new

Pew Report: Jews and Hindus are most highly-educated in US

Just one question. Are you a Brahmin ?

Yes.

This is utter rubbish. I will give recognition and respect due individually to who ever is talented and deserving. Blanket credit is neither recommendable nor deserved. Rajputs were not the only ones who fought. A whole lot of kingdoms and empires in India were run by Kings coming from the backward castes. There were tribal Kings and Queens, people who would be categorized as ST now. Intelligence and valor is not the proprietorship of upper castes. When truth stares you in the face and you choose to overlook it, then it is nothing by intellectual cowardice. Your Rahul Gandhi and Pundit Nehru are the prime examples of Brahmin intelligence and valor.

Those Kashmiri pundits who ran away from the Kashmir valley instead of standing their ground and creating an insurgency are again examples of intelligence and valor.

Nonsense. Mixing up to many irreverent things. I never said that brahmis are known for valor and you are attributing valor With Brahmins which I never claimed. Crap post.

Are you from Kerala? I do not think so. I am from gujarat.

Ah yes I remember, you had said you are from gujarat. I am a mallu, but I love gujarati culture and food.

Is the richest man in Gujarat a brahmin ? is the smartest man in Gujarat a Brahmin ?

Nonsense. Mixing up to many irreverent things. I never said that brahmis are known for valor and you are attributing valor With Brahmins which I never claimed. Crap post.

Okay, so you claim Brahmins are cowards but intelligent. So if they are so intelligent how come the Kashmiri pundits are living as refugees in their own country? Being the sole owners or intelligence as per you, should they not have outwitted the Muslims of the valley to claim the valley for themselves?

Still that do stop them to throw the garbage at the bin..i have seen many NRIs who once back to India started throwing everything on the roads etc....they dont care.
Well the people in focus are not NRI's but PIO's.So the people you got beef with are your own fellow citizens.

So an Indian littering around in India is an Indian problem.:coffee:

Woh, you can also indulge in self pity which you seem to be doing fairly well. Most Brahmins are landed people for your information and form the elite section of this society. The landless category and the most deprived section of the Hindu society till date are the so called SC/STs.

My father bought 2000 sft land , and I own 2400 sft Bunglow at Bangalore.. Thats all land I have.. I know many Brahmins who are poorer than a Dalit...

Still these Brahmans aspire to teach there kids with best education... I have seen many So called Dalit family who are ultra rich , still they don't give there kids best education...

My father bought 2000 sft land , and I own 2400 sft Bunglow at Bangalore.. Thats all land I have.. I know many Brahmins who are poorer than a Dalit...

Still these Brahmans aspire to teach there kids with best education... I have seen many So called Dalit family who are ultra rich , still they don't give there kids best education...

Wow, you have a 2400 sq ft Bungalow in Bangalore and you feel underprivileged. For every one Brahmin you show me who is poor, I will show you 5 Dalits who are poorer. Statistics bears it out.

A lot of Dalits come from societies where education has not been a cultural heritage due to economic hardships. The children grew up working to supplement family income. This leads to them not knowing the value of education. So a few of them even in changed economic circumstances may not value education. This has to do with social capital. They lack the social capital which will guide them and impel them towards academic achievements. Money is not everything.

This situation though lasts only for a generation or so after their economic betterment. The next generation are as good and competitive in education as anyone else including the Brahmins.

The kids in my household have always been high achievers and are expected to keep at it or face severe tongue lashing. We never made any caste certificates for them. They compete in the general category just like lot of others do.

Dude I have earned it thru my education.. I have studied in Govt school , Govt college and skilled myself to own a bunglow ...

During School I had many frnd, we all studied from same teacher, same school.. Few are doing business , few are doing nothing.

And trust me we all were from same financial background.. Its only mindset..

Mine Mindset: My father has no business or land, so education was onlything which could have hleped me.

Dude I have earned it thru my education.. I have studied in Govt school , Govt college and skilled myself to own a bunglow ...

During School I had many frnd, we all studied from same teacher, same school.. Few are doing business , few are doing nothing.

And trust me we all were from same financial background.. Its only mindset..

Mine Mindset: My father has no business or land, so education was onlything which could have hleped me.

Dude, many of my relatives own their 1200 sq ft plot "bungalows" in Bangalore without ever having gone to school and having being child labors while growing up. My father for instance did his schooling up to 1st std in a municipal school and he owns his 3 plots in Bangalore. Likewise my younger brother dropped out of his diploma course but still owns 3 apartments in Mumbai.

None of our family have ever gotten anything through reservations in schools or college and none of us are in govt jobs either. So I do know about mindset a lot better than you can imagine.

Just one question. Are you a Brahmin ?
Actually there is some truth to a certain extent...
My hometown(Cherthala ,Allapuzha district,Kerala) has sizeable Konkani speaking Brahmin population and many of them were in my school too..99% of them are unusual bright,They used to score more marks(on an average) than us ,specially in maths ,physics, hindi..They used to beat us even in Malayalam language exams(embarrassing moments for us)..They are many Konkani speaking non Brahmin communities like kudumbis too..But they are just like us..

Actually there is some truth to a certain extent...
My hometown(Cherthala ,Allapuzha district,Kerala) has sizeable Konkani speaking Brahmin population and many of them were in my school too..99% of them are unusual bright,They used to score more marks(on an average) than us ,specially in maths ,physics, hindi..They used to beat us even in Malayalam language exams(embarrassing moments for us)..They are many Konkani speaking non Brahmin communities like kudumbis too..But they are just like us..

Iyers and Iyengars have a reputation of being smart but also of being untrustworthy and maybe where there is smoke there is fire. Namboodri's OTOH have no such reputation.

But its speculations at best. But genetics certainly play a part in IQ.

Wow, you have a 2400 sq ft Bungalow in Bangalore and you feel underprivileged. For every one Brahmin you show me who is poor, I will show you 5 Dalits who are poorer. Statistics bears it out.

A lot of Dalits come from societies where education has not been a cultural heritage due to economic hardships. The children grew up working to supplement family income. This leads to them not knowing the value of education. So a few of them even in changed economic circumstances may not value education. This has to do with social capital. They lack the social capital which will guide them and impel them towards academic achievements. Money is not everything.

This situation though lasts only for a generation or so after their economic betterment. The next generation are as good and competitive in education as anyone else including the Brahmins.

The kids in my household have always been high achievers and are expected to keep at it or face severe tongue lashing. We never made any caste certificates for them. They compete in the general category just like lot of others do.

Blacks in the US still lag behind the Whites in education and social responsibilities.

Sometime cultural disadvantages is hard to mitigate. US is one of the most meritocratic places I know of .(I am sure you disagree :P)

Same is true for India.

Iyers and Iyengars have a reputation of being smart but also of being untrustworthy and maybe where there is smoke there is fire. Namboodri's OTOH have no such reputation.

But its speculations at best. But genetics certainly play a part in IQ..

Genetics is not unchanging though, gene expression changes with the environment plus selective pressures. Ashkanzi jews are a standard deviation smarter than normal Jews and this change came about in a few centuries of European persecution.

In my experience, not scientific by any means, Brahmins are very good at "studying" and understanding abstract concepts, which makes them good researchers so long as a research subject is actually given to them . Probably from long tradition and a family culture of studying the religious texts.

I hope I am not being rude, but to be useful you need an ability to connect with the real world as well, a little initiative etc which Brahmins kinda lack, very low testosterone kind of people.... sorry, no offence.

None of our family have ever gotten anything through reservations in schools or college and none of us are in govt jobs either. So I do know about mindset a lot better than you can imagine.

While I applaud your family for taking this very honorable stand, which I think is in the original spirit of "reservations". I.e. use them when you need them and pass it on to others when you don't. May I ask why would you pass up such an advantage? If I were a child in your family I would be complaining loudly. Why not take advantage of the system ?

Back
Top Bottom