What's new

Petraeus condemns Quran burning as protests rage on

Oh and just to inform you gambit... Not everyone is a right wing American redneck/lunatic... interestingly there are still a few people worthy of being called as decent human beings who belong to America... so yeah I do have American friends... they love their country as much as any other... but they are not bigots and idiots who preach freedom of expression to the world, yet till a few decades ago were experimenting on their own African American population as if they were some sort of guinea pigs... heh

I'm agnostic so I could careless..

Agnosticism is becoming a fashion these days, Therese a huge majority who gets carried away without diving into the depths of reality,
needless to say is many people drive there POV from a state controlled propagandist media regardless of even taking a pain to research for the truth.Much of it is done to implant a cretin agenda among the populace.
Out of all the agnostic people i faced, many of them even shiver from a Squeak of a mouse ,and could only reside to pathetic self righteousness which is only limited to virtual forums.

"Not ignorance , but ignorance of ignorance is the death of knowledge " Plato

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems to? And why only India and the US? Looks like these two countries are were the muslims are the minority. It would not take much to find persecutions of non-muslims where the non-muslims are the minority.

But it was noticed. And why do you have a problem with it? Do you think they came from no reasons? There are no shortages of conspiracies among the muslims as to how Christian charity groups are subverting the minds of muslims for conversion and that these groups must be dealt with somehow, preferably in violent manners to teach others lessons. Does it matter whether these hearings occurs in the halls of the muslims government legislatures or in the private meetings of the madrassas? Not really. If a Christian is killed he can simply be dismissed as a CIA/Mossad stooge, but none will have the courage to call it for what it is: a religious killing. Major Nidal Malik Hasan dis have the courage to call it that: a religious killing.

Terry Jones have nowhere the following of al-Qaeda and the Taliban and this is where your deception is exposed. People are not stupid despite what the muslims think of us non-muslims. People will ask as to why does the Taliban and al-Qaeda have no shortage of recruits but Terry Jones have to resort to sensationalism to attract attention. People will see that Jones' church numbers in the double-digits while al-Qaeda and the Taliban numbers in the tens of thousands or even more. People will know that Jones' Quran burning will not result in any increased stature for Jones and his church while every violent act by al-Qaeda and the Taliban will be justified by many ordinary muslims anywhere in the world. People will know that Jones will quickly fade into obscurity but al-Qaeda and the Taliban will remain around for years if not decades to come.

But nowhere have I advocated for any response by US, officially or unofficially. I only said that such a call constitute a threat and question if the muslims understand that. After all, if Quran burning or even criticizing the Islamic way constitute a 'war against Islam', why does not the muslims considered burning a country's flag equally offensive and 'warlike'?

No Americans complained about not being in world's dart finals and I love darts due my years in the UK. If my basement is big enough, I would put in a competition size snooker table. On the other hand, the Little League World Series has plenty of international competitors. Every country is entitled to see itself as unique. Pakistan is 'Land of the Pure'. Whassup widat? Is the rest of the world 'impure'? Is that not chauvinistic, to even imply that other lands are tainted with something unclean? The Jews called themselves 'The Chosen People'. The Chinese call their land 'The Middle Kingdom'. The Yamato considered themselves direct descendants of the gods. Do I need to go on?

Then by all means stop beating around the bush and come out and say that there is a 'war against non-muslims'. In the secular tradition, be it East or West, nothing is sacred, not even Islam, and that ranges from polite criticisms to benign disrespect to outright offensive invectives and acts. Make that declaration of war.

Nowhere have I mentioned the burning of the Quran.. "a war against Islam"..
But the offensive taken throughout the west... Islamophobia if you will.. exists..
Hence.. my argument.. that its better to call a spade a spade..
The war against non-muslims.. is simply a war against western values.. clash of civilizations if you may..
its reactionary response ..people like jones.
that war too... is confined to a certain section..
not the whole Muslim populous..

But if the reactionary response to that section is a hearing in congress.. people like terry jones(who incidentally. made a statement earlier that his intention was to target the extremists.. and has put off his burning.. then does it anyway).. then that is not short of declaring war..
So.. you declare the war.. expect the same..
then the response to that will be

Thanked gambit above by mistake...
@gambit... You wait and watch... You will get a war... and you will wish that you had nt...

All in good times my friend... all hell is about to break lose... :)

Lost interest in this thread a long time ago. Saw the highlighted portion above and was ripped off.....only have one word for the poster ....MUKHOO :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Nowhere have I mentioned the burning of the Quran.. "a war against Islam"..
But the offensive taken throughout the west... Islamophobia if you will.. exists..
Does not have to be YOU. But even if you do not 'mention' the Quran burning, the question is still applicable: Do YOU consider the act an 'act of war' against Islam? One young man here already thinks it is. Many here considers any criticisms of Islam equally offensive that they construed those criticisms to be 'anti-Islam' or 'Islamophobia', just shy of a 'war against Islam'.

Hence.. my argument.. that its better to call a spade a spade..
The war against non-muslims.. is simply a war against western values.. clash of civilizations if you may..
its reactionary response ..people like jones.
that war too... is confined to a certain section..
not the whole Muslim populous..
But that is not in accordance with 'Death to America'. When you are calling for someone's death, you are not simply railing against his moral belief system, you are saying that what he 'is' is so offensive that it is better that he no longer exist. Calling for 'Death to America' has been going on long before Jones and his Quran burning. So if you want to call a spade for what it is, then have the guts to say 'Death to America' is a declaration of war. If you want to criticize Western values, then you will have no shortage of Westerners being on your side, anything from premarital sex to illegal drug use to crappy movies. But part of the Western values is that nothing, not even Islam, is sacred from criticisms and if this inalienable right to criticize is intolerable to the muslims, then have your mullahs agree to a fatwah and declare jihad.

But if the reactionary response to that section is a hearing in congress.. people like terry jones(who incidentally. made a statement earlier that his intention was to target the extremists.. and has put off his burning.. then does it anyway).. then that is not short of declaring war..
So.. you declare the war.. expect the same..
then the response to that will be
The hearing in the US Congress was about how extremist Islamic beliefs convince a person to kill. If part of that examination require another examination into the Islamic belief system, that is no different than how an anthropologist would examine any culture for any clues as to how a people lived. I said it before and I will say it again: That we do not live in an intellectual and moral vacuum.

Everything we do, even a biological action like breathing, require a justification. We eat because we hunger. We kill because we want someone else's fancy jewelry, or because they threaten our families, or because their country threaten ours. We already have a good idea of WHAT motivated Jones to burn a Quran. So WHAT motivated US Army Major Nidal Hasan to kill his fellow American soldiers require examination.

Back
Top Bottom