What's new

[Petition]Stop the destruction of the Buddhas of Aynak

Ahmad

Reaction score
Please sign the petition, not sure if it makes any difference, but there is no harm to try.

Petition | President Hamid Karzai: Prevent destruction of ancient site of Mes Aynak & the environmental damage | Change.org

427926_348171568605191_772816498_n.jpg

I am sure it will count, brother, after all you are a nice and decent human being as well who have the respect of many in here, then why not.

I am sure brother, after all you are a nice and decent human being as well who have the respect of many in here, then why not.

I do agree with you. While these Buddhas of Aynak were made at a certain period of time out of some religious significance, now they are simply a symbol of culture, creativity and the heritage of Afghanistan. That is how they ought to be seen and preserved. Tomorrow if some idiots in some part of the world decide that trees have a religious symbolism, since tree worship was carried out as part of animistic rituals, then the world will be doomed to see large-scale deforestation!
E.G. The Jama Masjid in India is a symbol of religious practice for some, but even the stupidest atheist in the world will have to recognise its historical and cultural importance in the country's heritage and work to preserve it.

i went to sign but it just hung my entire browser, seems it has virus

I am wondering if the petition is aimed at the right people?

Afghan government granted a 30-year lease for the Mes Aynak copper mine to the China Metallurgical Group (MCC).

Perhaps the Chinese government would be more influential with a Chinese mining company and perhaps more empathetic towards ancient Buddhist heritage?

Huh? Your govt needs a petition to stop the destruction of Buddhas? Shouldn't that be their job?

Back
Top Bottom