What's new

Peshawar Massacre - TTP kills hundreds of school kids (Avoid graphic pics/vids)

Status
Not open for further replies.
10857748_483643991773457_4880514375506035147_n.jpg

Fighting to protect those who cannot protect themselves ! :pakistan:

Last edited:
This is reality that Taliban spread in many cities but not in large numbers according to the population, but Number of Jihad sympathizers are Not in less number. Nothing will happen unless we discourage verses of Jihad in Quran and encourage only peace but it becomes blasphemy if you question anything about Islam. This is confused nation. This is Islamic country, and Nothing will change.
This old saying applies: 'The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.' (Edmund Burke).

It does not matter if it is one or one hundred or one thousand, the actor or actors places a higher value on apathy than on sympathy because there is no guarantee that a sympathizer will become a fellow actor. Below apathy is fear because if there is enough fear to go around, paralysis will set in and that is just as good as apathy. Burke said nothing about sympathy but about apathy. It was an insight about human nature that is often missed.

pbagley_20141217.jpg

Have a look at this Video...Just a tiny little hint of what the Families esp the Mothers of those little kids going through....Please Stop showing any sympathy to those Monsters! Koi OSCAR/NOBEL Award Nae Mil Jana if some people would keep on bringing the Humanity/Human Rights card here!

BB @Hyperion @Akheilos @Horus @balixd @Strigon etc
This child, Hassan Zaib, looks so much like my little nephew Hassan Mohammed. Same face, same chubby body. My entire family has been crying and weeping for days. My eyes are wet occasionally.

The People ?

The common man is far too bogged down with worries of his existence that he doesn't say or care about anything except putting food on the table. The middle and upper class on the other hand does have this realization that something is indeed wrong and it ought to be rectified; their confusion has less to do with tolerating the evil of terrorism and more to do with the way things have panned out in this country over the past 3 decades.

People are still coming to grips with the fact that when the Americans, us and the rest of the so-called Free World was slugging it out with the Soviets these people were koshur and now when the Soviet Union has traded places with the United States of America....it ain't so anymore. Added to that the manner in which we responded to the proxy war that was being waged against Pakistan through Afghanistan in the '90s added to the confusion and later on how we entered the War on Terror compounded the problem further. Naturally people are confused because we've confused them and because no one comes out and tells the truth these conspiracy theories pop up.

The people can hardly be blamed for thinking 'what the hell is happening ?'

However this does not imply, as many of us make it out to be, that whatever steps we took over the past 3 decades were utterly selfish knee-jerk reactions as if some General woke up in the morning and said to himself 'Jee...what should I do today ? Hmmmn....how about creating the Taliban' !

Things are not and never were that simple; this is a sh*t storm and its as complicated as it gets.

Furthermore the 'people' who actually do matter are trying to get their sh*t together in fact the Army has had its for a while now and had the previous government thought of something other than gulping tax payer's money till they got a stomach ache....we probably would've had movement on this a lot sooner. The fact that intelligence based operations are happening within the country, that Zarb-e-Azb has taken place, that counter-terrorism in its other forms is being pursued on a war-footing all are indicative of the fact that the lethargy of bad governance that had crippled our ability to deal with this problem seem to be going away.

Additionally I don't think that this incident will be forgotten because this isn't '09 or some such earlier year when there was still so much confusion in the air as to whether the people fighting us are our misguided brethren or our mortal enemies....that carefully constructed narrative of TTP sympathizers and other right-wing nuts is slowly ebbing away and has ebbed away to a large extent.

Is it gone ? No....hell no; but it sure as hell isn't as profoundly present and is confusing the hell out of people as it was in '09 when the Parade Lane Mosque was targeted. And this is precisely why I don't think that the anger of 16th December will be forgotten unlike previous horrific incidents.

I truly believe that this terrible....terrible incident will serve as a watershed moment because I've seen it with my own eyes how people who used to, on being asked whether we're fighting the right fight, would reply "God knows whos right and who isn't....this is all so confusing" are categorically condemning this and literally baying for blood. Yesterday I heard 'Taliban Murdabad' as one of the more frequent slogans being uttered.

So things have changed.....in fact the change is palpable; my only concern is whether the momentum gained from this change will translate into governance changes that need to be enacted to deal with this menace. Right now the Government is in the prime position to tighten the screws because they know that the people, the army and the international community are all on the same page which makes this opportunity 'ours to loose' !

However even if the momentum is lost I believe that the momentum picked up by the Army is not waning; 3000+ intelligence based operations (if I recall DG ISPR's words correctly from the press conference) are testament to the fact that is an all encompassing operation because it recognizes the pervasiveness of the terrorists. But the fact that these intelligence based operations are happening in the cities of Pakistan and not only the tribal areas or so the DG stated (unless I misheard) the terrorist network is being uprooted as we speak.

Will this be a quick fix ? No....it took 30 years for us to reach this point and it'll take another 30 years (perhaps less if we capitalize on the momentum) to rid ourselves of this but I believe that the first 30 years are over and the second 30 have begun for a while now so we're moving forward even if it appears that we're moving at a snail's pace. And the second stage is probably a few years into it not just beginning because we've taken back our territories, we've stifled their launching areas, we've targeted everyone across the board, we've attempted and arguably succeeded more than we ever had with Karzai in taking Afghanistan on board, we've implemented our version of the Patriot Act and we've started intelligence based operations in our cities.

The next logical steps would soon follow; have some faith.

The common man is the most significant part of the whole problem, for if he doesn't actively takes part in the war, he blindly supports the Mullahs due to his emotional attachment with the religion. The people you see in crowds cheering for some terrorists being released or bailed out, burning the houses of some alleged blasphemer or as recently the blasphemer himself, chanting slogans in favor of religious terrorists or else merely offering their funeral prayers form the supporters and facilitators part of the whole terrorism menace. There from, the manpower for these acts come from, the common man. You are mistaken that he's bogged down by his worries, he does worry for his after-world and that is where the Mullah is available with a quick remedy, a no-transit direct flight to the heaven so to speak.

A history lesson, usually given to others, isn't in order for you. You know it all, you understand it all most probably. Yes it isn't as simple but it isn't so complex even, to start supporting those who can clearly be seen as harming us. That is where my countrymen disappoint me. The "situational awareness" I am aware, is better than what it was, when people could be seen rooting for "angry brothers on the mountain" openly, that is increasing getting in indirect and subtle words. But time will tell. So far, I am unable to see any efforts by the Govt or military aimed at de-radicalization the society, just punitive military action which is a short term fix.

Lets have some faith nonetheless (la fortuna playing) :)

@Oscar @Secur @Hyperion @balixd @Fulcrum15 @Horus @HRK Malik Ishaq is supporting Army and the hypocrisy of Jamatul Ahrar is out of this world o_O

Jamaatul Ahrar denounces Peshawar attack amid national outrage
Reuters
Published about 9 hours ago
5492fe98045b0.jpg

Jamaatul Ahrar spokesman Ehanullah Ehsan (L) speaks during an interview. – Photo Zahir Shah Sherazi/file
PESHAWAR: As the nation unites in grief over the killings of 132 schoolchildren by the Pakistani Taliban, several other militant groups have been quick to condemn the carnage too.

Most such groups have slaughtered civilians themselves, but the wave of outrage following the school attack is threatening the relative freedom they enjoy in Pakistan.

The country is home to a range of armed militant groups. Some like the Pakistani Taliban – also known as Tehreek-i-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) – fight against the state.

Whether Islamabad moves against all of them equally will show whether the school massacre has finally spurred authorities to tackle militancy seriously, said Senator Afrasiab Khattak of Awami National Party (ANP).

“They are all terrorists and the state has to clearly oppose them in all shapes and colours,” he said. “So far they have not done so.”

The Afghan Taliban were the first to denounce the school attack as unIslamic, despite often killing civilians themselves. An Afghan Taliban suicide bomber killed more than 50 people at a volleyball match last month.

Some Pakistani Taliban, including powerful splinter group Jamaatul Ahrar, quickly sided with their Afghan patrons.

“Like them, we condemn the attack on the school and killing of innocent children,” said spokesman Ehsanullah Ehsan.

The group earlier claimed responsibility for an attack that killed more than 50 people last month at a border crossing to India.

Other condemnation came from sectarian or anti-Indian groups that are nominally banned in Pakistan but operate openly, sometimes under different names.

Afghanistan has long accused Pakistan of supporting the Afghan Taliban to try to maintain its influence in the region. Pakistan says Afghanistan is doing the same with the Pakistani Taliban in return.

Another banned Pakistani group said it stood alongside the military in response to the attack.

We strongly condemn the attacks on schoolchildren in Peshawar and believe that there is no religious, ethical or any other social reason for this cruel act,” said Ghulam Rasool Shah, a deputy for Malik Ishaq, leader of the sectarian group Lashkar-e-Jhangvi.

“We stand with the Pakistan army and political leadership in this critical situation.”

The group was responsible for twin blasts in the city of Quetta last year that killed around 180 people, mostly belonging to Shia Hazara ethnic group.

Let's hope he or his family is not targeted by terrorists in revenge attack.

ALL of them must face the wrath of our anger!!!!!!

ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL of them!!!!!!!!!!!!

No mercy no more.

Reactions: HRK
this is all what i have been trying to clarify.. since last few days.
every thing is twisted, Islam is twisted, ISI is twisted, in past Pak army was twisted now since US has changed its strategy to lable Pak army as terrorists and we ignore KL bill. we are just jumping from one trap to another, we failed to see that democracy has failed us and we are being toyed by foreign agencies of trillion dollar budgets, on collective level from all around.
I'm afraid its already too late. because recently by accident many weapon caches and trucks were recovered, but that's 1 in 1000 case probability.
Already Lahore is on alert and even with red alert you can't protect attack. FC cannot be present every where.
Quick response force with 3-4 squadron of helis is required to operate on all of Afghan / Iran border, in conjunction with JF-17. I would not use F-16.. too risky to trust.

Mon ami, the time for heart warming words and optimistic scenarios is well past. A few RIPs, rallies, walks and candle littings amongst dozens of other shows of sympathy, solidarity, remembrance, humanity e.t.c. aren't going to cut it. Why? Because despite it being the most heinous attack in the history of this country, its not the first nor I believe (though I hope) will be the last. More people have died than this one, there's not a city of Pakistan which has been spared and the result is always the same. Its back to normal after a few weeks. Second, not until you understand the cause and origins of extremism and the resultant terrorism, how do you expect to fight it? As long, you do not realize that there's a whole group of nutjobs which support/facilitate these bastards in the country, how do you expect to come out as a winner in this conflict? As long, as you keep looking outside while the enemy's in the house, how do you expect to see all of this to the very end? People do condemn this act of savagery en masse, I am not denying it or trying to belittle that, not for an instant, but its equally important that they understand and see the radicalization and extremism for what it is, a real enemy that has plagued the progress and development of this country for decades and not being just another problem solvable with "all the time in the world". Its important that people start looking for answers and asking critical questions regarding the role of religious seminaries on the greater issue, not just getting defensive about religion and country and defending the same Mullahs (directly or indirectly) that perpetuate this type of attacks on them. This venting out of anger and making the whole sense of it by saying "India/America/Israel/Martians" and "Islam doesn't allow killing of innocents" isn't going to do the trick as it hasn't before, this goes out beyond the usual conspiracy theories. And so far, that isn't happening. I will keep faith and harbor hope, but if nothing is going to come out from this terror act too and no progress/improvement is seen, then take my assurance that these people wont learn ever and things would continue, as they have until now, in this country. Zarb-e-Azb isn't the whole equation, its just one part of it, for as long as the Madarsas producing and supplying a constant supply of foot soldiers to the terrorists organization aren't dealt with, terrorism wont end. As long as radicalization isn't kept in check, a bastard or two will rise every year or twice a decade trying to impose the real Islam on us and the cycle will continue. Treating the symptom is never enough, lets target the disease. P.S. I dont believe that those people are insignificant in number, for if they were, you wouldn't have had fighting them till now, for if they were, not a large crowd would be out cheering for Mumtaz Qadri and OBL. The extent is far worse than you see and imagine But lets leave that for now.

The ONLY solution to this multi-faceted problem is to remove the links between religion and the State. Confine Islam to the personal domain only, where it belongs. Otherwise, this rampant overzealous religiosity with official backing with destroy the whole country. Sadly, this solution may be beyond reach.

Yet when an ideology starts with murdering everyone else who disagrees with them, it can really be that good now can it?
What Ideology??? Are you talking about Salafism or Terrorism? Salafi is a religious methodology for God's sake, it's no ideology. Terrorism, on the other hand, is a type of ideology and no one here is arguing that its good.

ALL of them must face the wrath of our anger!!!!!!

ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL of them!!!!!!!!!!!!

No mercy no more.

you can't touch them.... for winter time they will go back to Afghanistan, Uzbekistan and Tajikistan.
Mean while suicide kids will keep you busy in streets.... of Lahore, Karachi, Faislabad, Rawlapind etc.

Reactions: HRK
This government is completely lost along with military top brass.

Yet again no decisive action taken to tackle internal terrorist threats. Why are mullahs still pushing pro Taliban and pro IS literature outside of mosques across the country? What will be done about Lal Masjid?

If they feel there would be repercussions if they dealt with these issues then they need to get their head out of the sand and understand they have just suffered the ultimate humiliation of having your children murdered in broad daylight.

What nation and leader forms committees and chit chats after such a horrific and chilling incident. I can't recall anything of the sort happening elsewhere and yet we are 2 days on from this tragedy and still no action.

My anger is also directed at the Pakistani public, I understand you are scared but when you are living under this shadow what are you scared about? You are no longer living, you are surviving. You need to take action, raid the mosques and madrassahs yourselves. Find the maulanas pushing pro Taliban literature and kill them. Storm Lal Masjid with mob justice. Kill every Afghan you find. You need to take action. You have been humiliated and you are going to sit there and do nothing about it?

DO SOMETHING

Oh come on be practical OBL & Hakimullah Mehsud are the achievements ....
You only asked for one achievement. I gave you two. Then you complain I didn't give you enough. Why should anybody, especially you, give any credence to your complaint?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom