What's new

Peshawar considers building metro

or i rather prefer some basic civic senses in KPK too

All of Pakistan needs that.

I went to Pakistan and I saw people throwing stuff on the road instead of putting it in trash bins, littering, spitting out paan on the buildings, damaging bridges and buildings with graffiti, going psycho and destroying their own country during protests.

Last edited by a moderator:
All of Pakistan needs that.

I went to Pakistan and I saw people throwing stuff on the road instead of putting it in trash bins, littering, spitting out paan on the buildings, damaging bridges and buildings with graffiti, going psycho and destroying their own country during protests.

i have seen many load shedding protests but i had never seen this kind of load shedding protests

i have seen many load shedding protests but i had never seen this kind of load shedding protests

Well not just loadshedding protests, but any type of protests that occur in Pakistan tend to get violent. I remember last year how people destroyed infrastructure in many cities during that protest about that film.

Well not just loadshedding protests, but any type of protests that occur in Pakistan tend to get violent. I remember last year how people destroyed infrastructure in many cities during that protest about that film.

but like this out right cow boy vandalism, i mean open gun fires, bringing down the entire building along with shooting transformers etc

imagine building anything in peshawar like metro, they will bomb the whole thing down in the matter of minutes just because the train arrived one minute late

it's complicated....as you have land mafia in karachi you have goods transport and bus transport mafia in other parts of the country....no, they arent unions

some quarters will be very opposed to this project....i think on paper it sounds great but there are other bigger priorities. Peshawar has a large population but not large by the standards of other Pakistani cities

in other parts of KPK high value prisoners are being freed in audacious raids; suicide bombers hell bent on killing innocent people are still able to enter the city and there's a crisis of illegal refugees from neighboring countries with few checks and balances and here we are talking about an above ground metro train which is an extremely expensive proposition!

We had been considering it and green buses for years and years BUT The Transport mafia is tooo strong and it never happened.

I font see it happening in my life time. Karachi or Lahore probably?

How about managing police dpt. and improving security situation first, instead of copying showbaz sharif.

why cant they start bothy simultaniously? these projects need 4 to 5 years ..so they can build it slowy ...allocate some funds each year ... meanwhile main focus will be on security situation .. btw in my opinion security situation in kpk never improve unless Federal government work well in FATA

I dont know what i say about it, i was one of them who criticizes CTBT for Metro :)
NOT because of its usage but because of priority and money.

In these troubled times, it would make better sense to go for infrastructure projects that are harder to destroy like more roads or highways..instead of projects like a Metro system which can be bombed rather easily and collapse the system.

Pakistan doesn't have money to fund these kind of projects. I remember there was talk to build world's tallest tower in Karachi which went down the gutter later.

yar motorway say lay kar hayat abad jana intahai mushkil hai aj kal yar. sadar ke taraf phir bhe kuch guzara ho jata hai laikin gt road touba touba. agar
laikin abhi tak to pichly overhead bridges nahi bany b,c new banany start kiye to ALLAH khair kary 5 years to or lagen gay. aur metro overhead aam logon k liye to wesy bhe nahi ho ge sirf metro k liye ho ge

Why don't you use Ring road from Motorway to Hayatabad?

The existing Govt. has allotted an enormous amount for the development of Peshawar. As a first phase, Army stadium has been scrapped and work has already been started, where a huge shopping mall with entertainment spots is going to be constructed in the coming years... Cinipex is coming to Peshawar too. As for the metro, this is a very much needed project, and for that matter the existing railway track should be utilised since it is of less or no use at all from Railway station to Hayatabad.

In these troubled times, it would make better sense to go for infrastructure projects that are harder to destroy like more roads or highways..instead of projects like a Metro system which can be bombed rather easily and collapse the system.

There's no obligation on thinking big even if you're in trouble or in worse situation. The world doesn't stay the same, roads and other developments projects are already underway... security situation has been improved phenomenally and with the passage of time it will be more improved... making a floor-plan for Metro isn't going to utilise that much of resources of the Govt.

Back
Top Bottom