What's new

Peshawar considers building metro

There's no obligation on thinking big even if you're in trouble or in worse situation. The world doesn't stay the same, roads and other developments projects are already underway... security situation has been improved phenomenally and with the passage of time it will be more improved... making a floor-plan for Metro isn't going to utilise that much of resources of the Govt.

I was under the assumption that these plans will be executed soon, not just remain floor plans!
And building a metro is freaking expensive. Among the developing countries only China can afford to put Metros in half their tier 3 cities.

I was under the assumption that these plans will be executed soon, not just remain floor plans!
And building a metro is freaking expensive. Among the developing countries only China can afford to put Metros in half their tier 3 cities.

A complete model is being created of the city of Peshawar which includes this metro too... what goes on the actual implementation is yet to be known... but I know for certain, Metro is the last part of the model which going to be taken serious once the important ones has been taken care off.

Why don't you use Ring road from Motorway to Hayatabad?

because i am new in peshawar. 8to10 months since shifted to peshawar. i use roads which are known to me. lollzz
but most of the time i visit skindar pura dabgari garden town and board areas for my business.

because i am new in peshawar. 8to10 months since shifted to peshawar. i use roads which are known to me. lollzz
but most of the time i visit skindar pura dabgari garden town and board areas for my business.

Welcome to the Capital city of Peshawar (previously known as Distt Pehsawar). The best rout to access Hayatabad from Motorway is always Ringroad.

You can't beat us Kashmiris in looks or food ! :smokin:

I've heard only the beaty of Kashmir, it's people and food is new to me. :P

Welcome to the Capital city of Peshawar (previously known as Distt Pehsawar). The best rout to access Hayatabad from Motorway is always Ringroad.

What about the road that goes through the City & overlooks the Khyber Medical College & the Peshawar University & PC & the FC HQ - I think I went from there ! :)

It sounds good to eyes but not practical. We criticise Punjab Government for building simple metro calling it waste of money and here you are talking about train service which is more expensive and unaffordable for KP province. Their budget is too small and foreign investors won't be interested since they have better options available all over the world and even in Pakistan.

This project is just on dreams, on top of that... It is not a priority of KP.... Terrorism is the first issue that needs to be resolved followed by Law and order situation, justice, economic development, education, health, electricity, arranging funds to build more and more dams etc.

If they want to resolve transportation issues, then building underpasses, over bridges and starting bus service is a good idea for the time being.

Is this announcement with feasibility study or without it ?
first feasibility study for is it possible to build and how much money ? Second, what will be operating cost and revenue ?

What about the road that goes through the City & overlooks the Khyber Medical College & the Peshawar University & PC & the FC HQ - I think I went from there ! :)

It is called university road. Takes a lot of time to reach Hyatabad on this road on transport buses. On the other hand ring road , as pointed out by astanosh khan, is short cut to hayatabad, has very low traffic as it is on the edge of city.

Excellent idea - who is going to pay for the construction?

Is this announcement with feasibility study or without it ?
first feasibility study for is it possible to build and how much money ? Second, what will be operating cost and revenue ?

"consider" = con·sid·er [ kən síddər ]
reflect on something: to think carefully about something
judge something: to have something as an opinion or point of view
respect somebody or something: to show respect for or be thoughtful of somebody's feelings or position

So in answer to your question, this idea has been proposed by the Provincial Gov, and it is under discussion. I don't think they will say oh yeah re-allocate the funding from schools and hospitals to build a metro that no one really needs, especially since KPK is prone to terrorism and this mass transit system would be like a turkey shoot on thanks giving.

But one can only hope for the best, besides i think KPK needs a lot of investment in a lot of areas, i do hope education, health and social welfare take utmost priority over roads, bridges and fancy looking parks.

So those were just Election Slogans.
What do I say more..... A moment of silence for all PTI Fans.
Welcome to reality. :cheers:

Back
Top Bottom