What's new

Pervez Musharraf to return to politics

He came as a Kemalist to reform PK and to make things strong,he was better but not a hero in the end

Musharraf says not interested in leading PML-Q
ISLAMABAD: Former president Gen (r) Pervez Musharraf said on Tuesday that he was not interested in becoming the president of the Pakistan Muslim League-Quaid (PML-Q).

Talking to the media at the Islamabad airport, the former president said his return to politics depended on the future circumstances of the country, adding people would realise soon that his government had been better than the incumbent regime.

Asked if a change in the country’s political setup is possible within the next three months, Musharraf said that nothing like that would happen. online

That day is not far. I hope and pray that he will return for his next term as our leader soon.

We will bring him back! I still have faith in the people of Pakistan.

Long live Musharraf! :pakistan:

OUR SIR ALSO SAYS THIS, HE SAYS HE LIKES MUSH'S POLITICS...........BUT SORRY TO SAY, I DONT.

Musharraf not interested in politics’
KARACHI: Former president General (Retd) Pervez Musharraf has said that he has no intentions of returning to the political arena any time soon, as he is enjoying his time off. He was talking on Wednesday to a delegation of the Pakistan Muslim League-Quaid (PML-Q), which also included Senator Nisar A Memon. According to PML-Q sources, Musharraf informed the delegation that he was offered lectureships from various universities of Europe and America. “I have not really taken a decision, except for Oxford University, where I will be lecturing in the last week of December or the first week of January 2009,” he said. The sources disclosed that Musharraf reached Karachi from Islamabad late Tuesday night and was residing at his daughter’s residence in DHA. The sources added that he will be staying in Karachi for a few days to attend family programmes and will also visit his under-construction residence in the city. staff report

Musharraf in London?
Sunday, November 23, 2008
By Qudssia Akhlaque

ISLAMABAD: Former president and Army chief General (retd) Pervez Musharraf quietly left for Britain amid tight security the other day, informed sources told The News.

This is his first visit abroad after stepping down as president on August 18 and it may mark the beginning of his public statements after a long spell of silence.

According to the sources, Musharraf is currently in London and is also expected to go to Cambridge where he may address certain groups. Some political meetings are also on the cards.

Reportedly, Musharraf was at the British High Commission on Thursday to formally apply for a visit visa as he no longer holds a diplomatic passport. He had to go through the usual finger printing for the visa application.

Musharraf leaves for London on one-week tour
Updated at: 1115 PST, Sunday, November 23, 2008
ISLAMABAD: Former President General (Retd.) Pervez Musharraf today left for London on one-week tour.

Pervez Musharraf accompanied by his wife Begum Sehba Musharraf left from the airport here for London by PIA flight PK-785. Following his resignation from the president slot, this is his maiden tour abroad.

Sources said that the former president during his tour would address the Cambridge University Students Union besides he would also be holding meetings with the members of different think tanks. Pakistan High Commission will provide full official protocol on his arrival at London.

Musharraf leaves for London on one-week tour
Updated at: 1115 PST, Sunday, November 23, 2008
ISLAMABAD: Former President General (Retd.) Pervez Musharraf today left for London on one-week tour.

Pervez Musharraf accompanied by his wife Begum Sehba Musharraf left from the airport here for London by PIA flight PK-785. Following his resignation from the president slot, this is his maiden tour abroad.

Sources said that the former president during his tour would address the Cambridge University Students Union besides he would also be holding meetings with the members of different think tanks. Pakistan High Commission will provide full official protocol on his arrival at London.

i guss something , comming up soon?:agree:

He's going on international speaking tours and will surely be back.

People do not understand ..... that for leaders like Musharraf (former COAS and former President) - who formed and implemented the 'national command authority' and are aware of secrets of strategic assets & matter of national interest - Pakistan is the safest place to be (protected by army)!

Living abroad he's more vulnerable to targeted killing/kidnapping by international spy agencies.

though i support musharaf, i dont support all his policies!!, well, wht i wish is, v get "real democracy", good educated pakistani only can make a marked difference bw present and future, all i want is, educated ppl of pakistani rise and struggle against the trouble maker elements of pakistan and bring real strong central government which strictly implements laws in pakistan and make the country strong and united, and i apologize for diverting from the main topic!!

Back
Top Bottom