What's new

Peru cancels the purchase of Chinese tanks MBT-2000

No way, we will not buy Chinese or Pakistani weapons, as Western countries analyzed first American weaponry, Russian or European. So that was canceled the purchase of Chinese tanks.

Russia currently is modernizing the Mig29 at a base in northern Peru. We signed a contract with France for the repair and modernization of our Mirage2000. Chinese fighters do not need, because we operate Russian and French systems, it would be illogical to buy some Chinese fighter, not in the plans of the Air Force.

Apparently there were some cases of corruption in the contract of Chinese tanks, the Russian offer of the T-90 is being tested again.

Greetings from Lima, Peru!

Good for you buddy, T-90 is indeed a nicely designed tank with good price tag. :cheers:

Also keep in mind that China does not beg other nations to buy their weapons, and we absolutely respect people's decision of buying or not buying.

Good for you buddy, T-90 is indeed a nicely designed tank with good price tag. :cheers:

Also keep in mind that China does not beg other nations to buy their weapons, and we absolutely respect people's decision of buying or not buying.

Can you please suggest a country which begs other country to buy weapons from them??? However every country try to use there political leverage to get contracts...China is no exception....

Indeed a great decisn in the interest of army of peru. .go for french or rusky.

Peru is not a rich country, though it is rich in natural resources. My Peruvian co-worker told me of the rampant corruption ---> I just laugh because I told him "You're corrupt too, I see how you are cheating from the company...". Then both of us laughed. This was a few years back, haven't seen him since.

Anyhow, I agree that tanks are needed in big numbers in Peru. Helicopters might help, but I'm skeptical how a few dozen copters can keep the human & drug traffickers at bay....

Furthermore, let's keep in mind that Peru is one of the last remaining countries in S. America that is under the control of the Americans. So it is not surprising that there's back and forth movement.

Good luck to Peruvians and all of us!

Back
Top Bottom