What's new

Peru Buying Norinco VT1A MBT (MBT-2000 Configuration)

new armor and new fire control system

And what kind of new armor are you talking about ?? As far I know AK has also kind of same armor combination which the Chinese uses as AK is very much influenced by Chinese technology and China provided alot of help in its manufacturing and technology too. So what is this new armor which lacks in AK ??

And which new fire control system is this one having ?? Chinese ?? I believe AK has used western as well as Chinese fire control systems too. And whatever Chinese make new, it would most probably be shared with AK too, as rumored new version of AK is said to be something similar to Type-99 versions.

And using something new armor then already in use and new FCS different then what China is using will increase the costs.

Would be really helpful if the new armor you told is described and what new FCS it has which has not been used before???

I still don't get it. Is this AK or Chinese Tank Peru is buying?

Hello I am Peruvian and I say that the tank you chose the armed forces of my country was VT1A some things Type99. I do not understand this decision and that the armed forces always looked like the perfect successor to our old T-55 to T-90 and T-72M1M as the other successor to the AMX-13. Maybe there were some things under the table.

(sorry for my bad English, I'm using the google translator, haha xD)

Chinese Tank, nothing Pakistani in it.

All Made in China

Correct, however validates the sound design and capabilities of the tank for use in tropical climates. This is certainly not the case of friendship treaty T-55s and T-59s being gifted to countries.

Correct, however validates the sound design and capabilities of the tank for use in tropical climates. This is certainly not the case of friendship treaty T-55s and T-59s being gifted to countries.

Definitely Sir, Peru isn't spending its precious money on something it wasn't satisfied with, the tank must have matched upto their standard of requirements, plus they are taking a huge jump going to such hi-tech tank from T-55s in their use.

maybe they should try for the updated type 96 instead has some capabilities of the type 99 but much cheaper

MBT 2000 in Peru. Quite impressive i must say as it seems more digitized than the baseline model. I still believe that the inspiration behind VT-1A is modernization of Al Khalid that occurred in HIT otherwise even the baseline MBT 2000 was a reasonable third generation mbt.

Last edited by a moderator:
Still no IBMS though or at least not visible in the video

Initially, NORINCO offered a standard MBT-2000 model and it did not perform well against others such as the T-90, the T-84 and the PT-91. Norinco came back with the VT1A and an improved pricing and financial package to won the day.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom