What's new

Persian Posturing: Iran’s Drone Fleet Seen From Space

Has it occurred to you that those who allow emotions to judge any set of facts can make mistakes both due to love or hate, on one side or the other. My point was merely a reminder that proper assessments in international geopolitics are made without emotions. Try it some time, you may be surprised.
You = Iran hater troll.

Have fun on PDF.

1. With which data set you claim that?
2. Do you really think that these systems fly as standalone and without any EW environments?

1. Doesn’t have a reduced RCS body design, does not use RAM, no honeycomb structure, turboprop engine

2. the hell is “ew environments”? You sound like someone who doesn’t know how EW even works and is going off of video games or Hollywood movie. If you are trying to say that Turkish drone carry EW radar jammers then that’s a no, they don’t. No non-classified US drones outside Global Hawk carry EW equipment.

1. Doesn’t have a reduced RCS body design, does not use RAM, no honeycomb structure, turboprop engine

2. the hell is “ew environments”? You sound like someone who doesn’t know how EW even works and is going off of video games or Hollywood movie. If you are trying to say that Turkish drone carry EW radar jammers then that’s a no, they don’t. No non-classified US drones outside Global Hawk carry EW equipment.
In other words, you do not have any tengible data with Turkish systems. You made a comment entirely with your imagination and current knowledge.

But also, you're in so unawareness enough to compare a 650 kg MTOW composite UAV with conventional fighter aircraft. A tactical UAV in this classification does not need the mentioned design characteristics. TB2's entire body and structurals of the system made with CFRP, the deepest cross section is less than 50 centimeters, the wing sections are only a few centimeters. Carbon fiber reinforced plastic (CFRP) composites are made of short carbon fibers embedded in a polymer matrix. They allow broad-band radar absorbing materials characterized by low reflection coefficient against impinging electromagnetic fields, and high resistance against environmental hazards. I am not going to give more detailed information about the fabrication of this tactical UAV, as I see that you have zero knowledge of TB2 structures. AND, this has not a turboprop, but a compact internal combustion power unit. Does not produce high thermal traces.

No, contrary to what you say, I just laugh at those who attach great importance to these systems. These are just small tactical systems and their mission in the context of attack consists of constantly keeping certain miniature type ammunition in the air.

In recent years, the ability of these systems to demonstrate their effective engagement capabilities against some air defense systems has been made possible by effective dimming and jamming in the flight line within a specific mission profile. You can watch many videos of the Pantsir system on the internet, which has taken a bomb on its head while its radar is actively working.

In other words, you do not have any tengible data with Turkish systems.

In other words, you did not post a single credible evidence that it does not have a high(detectable) RCS.

Engine =Rotax 912ULS

1619135475403.jpeg

As for your pantsir comment, a single Pantsir outside of an integrated radar network doesn’t mean much as its engagement distance is mostly out to 12-15KM and Turkish B-2 can engage outside that envelope

So if Iran can detect this (which actually has a reduced heat signature and RAM and honeycomb design to absorb radar)

1619135639799.jpeg

While it is towing its EW anti air defense system at 70,000 feet (B-2 service ceiling of 22,500) with this:

1619135717040.jpeg

Then it can detect any Turkish drone let alone B-2.

Also I would love to see your proof for the your claim that Turkish EW using their drones or any EW system in Idlib frontlines.

Last edited:
Look at what Turkish and Israeli drones did to Armenia military.

Turkish drones had high RCS and Iranian suicide drones are more capable at long range than Israeli ones.
Didn't Iranians use their swarm drones to attack Aramco?

Yes,

1. Small, low yield.
2. Low-cost, low-end
3. High quantities
4. Reduced RCS design
5. Precise

Puts multi-million dollar systems to shame. Does the exact same job and is meant to overwhelm expensive systems.

All part of Iranian engineering doctrine.

In other words, you did not post a single credible evidence that it does not have a high(detectable) RCS.

Engine =Rotax 912ULS

View attachment 736580

As for your pantsir comment, a single Pantsir outside of an integrated radar network doesn’t mean much as its engagement distance is mostly out to 12-15KM and Turkish B-2 can engage outside that envelope

So if Iran can detect this (which actually has a reduced heat signature and RAM and honeycomb design to absorb radar)

View attachment 736581

While it is towing its EW anti air defense system at 70,000 feet (B-2 service ceiling of 22,500) with this:

View attachment 736582

Then it can detect any Turkish drone let alone B-2.

Also I would love to see your proof for the your claim that Turkish EW using their drones or any EW system in Idlib frontlines.
In other words, you do not have any tengible data with Turkish systems. You made a comment entirely with your imagination and current knowledge.

But also, you're in so unawareness enough to compare a 650 kg MTOW composite UAV with conventional fighter aircraft. A tactical UAV in this classification does not need the mentioned design characteristics. TB2's entire body and structurals of the system made with CFRP, the deepest cross section is less than 50 centimeters, the wing sections are only a few centimeters. Carbon fiber reinforced plastic (CFRP) composites are made of short carbon fibers embedded in a polymer matrix. They allow broad-band radar absorbing materials characterized by low reflection coefficient against impinging electromagnetic fields, and high resistance against environmental hazards. I am not going to give more detailed information about the fabrication of this tactical UAV, as I see that you have zero knowledge of TB2 structures. AND, this has not a turboprop, but a compact internal combustion power unit. Does not produce high thermal traces.

No, contrary to what you say, I just laugh at those who attach great importance to these systems. These are just small tactical systems and their mission in the context of attack consists of constantly keeping certain miniature type ammunition in the air.

In recent years, the ability of these systems to demonstrate their effective engagement capabilities against some air defense systems has been made possible by effective dimming and jamming in the flight line within a specific mission profile. You can watch many videos of the Pantsir system on the internet, which has taken a bomb on its head while its radar is actively working.

For the Global Hawk they were saying, the EW jammer module wasn't on. I guess you can believe them or not on that. I don't know much about the TB2, but I recall well that the TB2 was effective against short range SAMs where it can operate outside their engagement envelope, all while targeting the system with it's munitions and more importantly it can illuminate the system to nearby laser-guided artillery (which I think it did in Syria).

Once, they redeployed their air defenses from Israeli-facing to Idlib including the transfer of BUKs to the north, the TB2 was no longer safe, and even shot down a few. Just days after a ceasefire was agreed upon once that clear air superiority was gone. While, it seems the TB2 is a expensive and high-tech drone certainly, more than anything Iran has. I would not to put to much stock on any kind of drone without significantly low RCS when it comes to operating in a environment with medium range equipment and with the price tag on the TB2, it's worth using a medium SAM. For this reason I think it's limitations would be very apparent against Russia, but that's more about drones in general than the TB2 specifically.

Pakistan can really benefit from many sources for drones
China High end Large drone without TOT as they wouldn't give
Turkey High end larger drones with future collaboration in Turkey

Iran High end Middle and small drones/ Loitering Munition with Collaboration in Pakistan under a new drone research and design institution where we can learn from Iranians in one section, do our on research on another one, combine the both sections to deisgn new drones..
Yemeni Ansarullah for medium end small drones for research purposes we can invite few of their scientists/designer initially but all can be done under one section

Now combine the knowledge from all these put them along with already existing knowledge and you will have a drone industry of your owns.. with hundreds of not thousands of drones TOT based and your own..

But it all depends on initial action and the persuasion of Iranians.. Turkey will always be ready to help and I am sure it is helping..

Ansarullah will also be ready.. Iranian Regime will not be easy to persuade..

Iran High end Middle and small drones/ Loitering Munition with Collaboration in Pakistan under a new drone research and design institution where we can learn from Iranians in one section, do our on research on another one, combine the both sections to deisgn new drones..
Yemeni Ansarullah for medium end small drones for research purposes we can invite few of their scientists/designer initially but all can be done under one section

Now combine the knowledge from all these put them along with already existing knowledge and you will have a drone industry of your owns.. with hundreds of not thousands of drones TOT based and your own..

But it all depends on initial action and the persuasion of Iranians.. Turkey will always be ready to help and I am sure it is helping..

Ansarullah will not agree to a ToT without Iran's approval. Their achievements are basically of Iranian origin, probably funded by us too. Iran is not hard to persuade. All we need is to ensure that you will not share our technology with the United States, Saudi Arabia or the United Arab Emirates, or at least you will provide us with something else that we need in return. If the terms are right and fair, I cannot see a reason for not doing business with Pakistan. If anything, we have more reasons to conduct military cooperation with Pakistan than against it.

This section of the forum is full of trolls and demagogue. Pakistan has nothing to teach Iran about drones because Iran is far more advanced on the subject. A real joke the comments here

I'm jealous (not in a bad way), we need to work harder on drone development. They're force multipliers and we should be trying to take full advantage of them.

if Iran is giving this drone in below picture to Venezuela then you can be sure PK can get a good deal with Iran, the point of such a deal is that Iran unlike other countries can provide 98% of the drone systems and subsystems which means PK can become 98% sanction proof in this case, the transfer of technology is like honey on an already sweet ice cream.

1619212232689.png

1619212205448.png

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom