What's new

Persia Vs. Turkiye (Who would win in a war?)

Who would win in a war, Iran or Turkey?

• Iran

Votes: 12 25.5%
  • Turkey

Votes: 27 57.4%
  • Neither/I Don't Know

Votes: 8 17.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very close voting...I take that to mean most think them roughly on par...

such threads of one Muslim country on another are not productive here on PDF

I agree, it serves no purpose but to inflame....plus there are no real experts here from both sides to keep it on topic, civil, and militarily informative.

Iran and Turkiye are neighbours and both are predominantly Muslim countries. Why should there be any talk of one fighting the other? Nobody gains, except the enemies of both ;)

Who are the enemies of Turkey?......since the ones who want to attack Iran are Turkey's very close allies.

Ottomans and Seljuks were no friend of the ancient Persian empires but those eras are long over.

year is now 2012.

Most of the civilized world seems to agree.....not sure if the Turks agree as evident on this forum and elsewhere.
Also there is a another problem with history.
There seems to be two histories......World History, and of course the Turkish view of world history.

Very close voting...I take that to mean most think them roughly on par...
Hard to decide, each side has a different understanding of warfare. Turkey conventional. Iran unconventional.

Turkey will be fighting with a large guerilla force instead of an army. We could play their game, with reserve forces activated Turkey has even more manpower than Iran but... It'd be stupid :)

Turkey solely based on their aerial might, if Iran could somehow nullify the Turkish air force than it would be much even account, but I’ll still favour Turkey.

That said, it would be an unnecessary war destroying both nations.

Iran will whoop turkey's as* easily, given Turkey doesn't get any help from its NATO alies.

Iran will whoop turkey's as* easily, given Turkey doesn't get any help from its NATO alies.

Turkey is a high-tech military if i recall, and Iran cannot establish air superiority over Turkey

Also, Turkey cannot continue the war, due to lack of oil reserves compared to Iran.

In a short war, Turkey will win.

In a long war of attrition, Iran has chances of winning.

Turkey solely based on their aerial might, if Iran could somehow nullify the Turkish air force than it would be much even account, but I�ll still favour Turkey.

That said, it would be an unnecessary war destroying both nations.

same goes for iran, heavily relying on ballistic missiles and somewhat amateurish basij militia

But Turkish military never runs out of tricks you can be sure of it. Don't believe me, ask Greeks :)

oh great another troll thread :rolleyes:

the great persians vs the mighty turks

u mean another shia sunni conflict

stop creating non sense threads

Turkey is a NATO member, any attack on Turkey will be called attack on NATO.

please stop this BS it goes no where ,

Thread must be closed. :disagree:

Iran Vs Turkey only, Turkey without NATO, of course Iran would win. no question about it. and even if Turkey used NATO, Iran can do some serious damage to Turkey.
You are a joke.

Iran can rain all of Turkey's forces with Missiles, and attack Istanbul, Ankara within seconds. What can Turkey do? Turkey's longest missile is 300KM I believe, they may have superior ground forces, but that's not going to help them.
Turkey is interested in Precision-guided munitions. After the Iranian anti-air capabilites and radar systems destroyed by SOM missiles, air forces will start bombing 7/24. Probably, war scenarios made by TSK won't conduct a land operation. Iran can bomb somewhere in Turkey with their high CEP-range missiles. It doesn't help anything in war, except if it is nuclear armed.

NATO is another story btw.

Turks would spank Iranians.

spanking-kidsjpg-e8ceb7b4d2b86d0e_large.jpg

without any bias overall Turkey has the better military, assets, training, hardware etc, however the persians are no pushovers and would inflict serious damage on turkey.

Neither side would win, only the zionists/nwo win.

This scenario has very little possibility in happening, no matter what rhetoric the mullahs or any turks chant both sides know it is detrimental to their future.

Quit this talk of persia v turks, persia v arabs, turks v arabs, sunni v shia etc, all this nonsense is being instilled on our brains by those who wish to destroy Islam/Muslims.

Why are all these tension brewing in the last 10-20 years, yes there are issues but all can be resolved amicably.

All these power need to unite in some form of Union, put aside your differences and look to what you all share: ISLAM. Pure nationalism will be the destruction of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom