What's new

Pentagon | P-8 Poseidon 'doesn't work'.

For people who dont understand...p8i is like Mki . We got a plane and added some of our own requirements

Yes, but it's nowhere close to the original An-12.

There was supposed to be a C-130 based AWAC sort of like ZDK-03 Karakoram Eagle had it not been for funding issues. SC-130J is the American counterpart of China's Y-8 maritime patrol plane.

C-130Js are ahead of Y-8/Y-9 all around. Y-9 based MPA/Transports are cheaper. C-130J is Sea Herc MPA is not counterpart to any program it is based on potential requirements and due to ageing fleet of P-3 and that maintaining large P-8 fleet might not be feasible and easy to maintain in the face of every increasing budget cuts..

Last edited:
There always be problems with any aircraft so they will fix it. What so unique about this aircraft is that it can fly faster, higher, and farther. And subs can't detect high altitude aircraft. Not to mention the aircraft can drop torpedoes from 30,000 feet and from a distance.

as mentioned,the problem was on "Software" which can be fixed using patches like USA did on Patriot SAM's platform...

If P-8 is so good, why hasn't Pakistan bought three of them to replace Pakistani P-3C? o_O

Damn that's sad news .... I guess for its customers including the USN .

For a plane so expensive and first flight in 2009, P-8 should have stealth features, if not full stealth like B-2, then at least partial stealth like B-1B. :disagree:

Yes.
And many technologies on A version that USN uses were removed by IN and many technologies that IN wanted specifically were added both by US and DRDO.

No offense but i am glad to know that DRDO have added SOME OF THERE OWN TECHNOLOGIES to it, :)
Less of a threat now :D

On a serious note, the platform is still new and we all know how US tests its arsenal, it was unfortunate for them that P-8 was not some weapon of destruction that they could have tested in Afghanistan or Iraq so it will take time to analyze it in exercises and then take care of the flaws

If P-8 is so good, why hasn't Pakistan bought three of them to replace Pakistani P-3C? o_O

Because USA wont sell them to Pakistan. Being purchased by Pakistan (which pretty much is living on the leftovers these days, as far as procurements from USA/Europe is concerned) does not mean that the system is good, nor does it imply otherwise if it is not procured by Pakistan.

That is because the Indian's new about the US version and asked them to add extra sensors on the plane, you can look at the difference between P8I and the P8A there are more sensors on the Indian version.
If USA version is not working your would prove to be more disaster

Don't worry. Our Navy is quite satisfied by these so Its okay for us. both virsions are quite different and uses different methods to detect subs.

On a serious note, the platform is still new and we all know how US tests its arsenal, it was unfortunate for them that P-8 was not some weapon of destruction that they could have tested in Afghanistan or Iraq so it will take time to analyze it in exercises and then take care of the flaws
True.

These are technical threads Zarvan, not a mullah discussion.
Be specific in your post.

Yes & we will buy 24 of them in all.

Why you worried??? :lol:

Worried? why would I be worried?

Its not even a game-changing weapon..just an improved version of previous weapon systems...

Even Saudi Arabian military is much, much more high-tech that indian one...lol

Back
Top Bottom