What's new

PDF's obsession about KSA's (Arabs in general) trade ties with India - Arabs winning the trade war

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
Saudi Arabia
India recorded an annual trade deficit with KSA last year that amounted to 22.9 billion USD.

https://economictimes.indiatimes.co...countries-in-3-years/articleshow/70060617.cms

Same case with every single Arab country that has any relevant trade ties with India with the exception of UAE.

So KSA, unlike China (India's main trade partner and like KSA, China also has an enormous trade surplus with India but is somehow never criticized for its trade ties with India unlike KSA and Arabs), is criticized by simpletons on PDF for de facto weakening the Indian economy on a massive scale annually.

main-qimg-42ae03b434ddffe8e974aed24fb4bf76

Add to that the massive (cheap) albeit decreasing (due to nationalization policies) Indian labour in GCC.

To make it simple, India is a gold mine for the GCC by large and that has been the case for decades in a row.

To somehow expect KSA or Arabs in some imaginary alternative universe, to cease this trade relationship, equates to not being aware of simple geopolitics that dictate the policies of every non-failed nation state in the world that looks out for its own interests first and foremost in the jungle that is the world.

Last edited:
I heard the food options in Saudi are a lot more and healthier than in western Europe, true?

I heard the food options in Saudi are a lot more and healthier than in western Europe, true?

That particular question is off-topic but I will answer it anyway given the nature of PDF and the likelihood of this thread turning into a trolling feast.

KSA and the GCC by large is famous for its enormous culinary sector, high standards and cheap price. You can find cuisine from every corner of the world. Some of the largest shopping malls in the world and an insane variety of food shops, grocery stores, large supermarkets local as non-local. Much greater variety than the usual stuff in Western Europe from my experience. Most Western expats in the GCC will attest to that. A Google search away.

As for healthier or not, it depends on what you prefer to eat. Food standards are great in general and you will always find high-quality food that meets your needs.

Iraq, even post-2003, has been importing a lot of agricultural products from KSA in particular, especially Southern Iraq and Anbar for many years. However it tends to be more expensive than the cheaper Iranian stuff for instance and given the stated goals in Iraq (to increase the local agricultural sector) such imports might decrease, which is a good thing IMO as Iraq needs to embark on a self-sufficiency move on all fronts.

Very low IQ post:-

The United States remained the top remittance-sending country ($68bn) followed by the United Arab Emirates ($44.4bn) and Saudi Arabia ($36.1bn).

36.1 - 22.9 = 13.2 Billion dollars in favor of India.

Try again Arab.

A very low IQ post.

As if those millions of Indians are somehow not contributing massively to the local economies, genius, am I right?:lol:

Let me give you a hint, whatever Indians send back to India in the form of remittances, KSA gains far more economically by their presence. If that was not the case, they would long ago have been kicked out.

There are literally 100's of millions of poor people from across the world waiting to/dreaming about reaching KSA/GCC to work and live in.

Try again Pakistani.

To make it simple, India is a gold mine for the GCC by large and that has been the case for decades in a row.

I do think that Pakistanis, at least the ones on PDF, know that Ummah does not exist, or at least not in a way that they would have wanted it to exist.
I also think that they are aware of geopolitics.

But the quote above, from the original post is, I think, the problem.
The Gulf countries are indeed a gold mine for India (and Pakistan) for decades in a row.
But, why could it not have been a gold mine for only Pakistan?
Let us be real, most of the work that Indians do, could also be replaced by Pakistanis.

Why did the Gulf Arabs, decades ago, choose to import labour from India (and other non-Islamic countries such as The Philippines, for example)?
Why did they not only import labour from Pakistan and other Islamic countries?
Do you know why?

A very low IQ post.

As if those millions of Indians are somehow working for free in KSA/GCC and not contributing massively to the economy, genius, am I right?:lol:

Let me give you a hint, whatever Indians send back to India in the form of remittances, KSA gains far more economically by their presence. If that was not the case, they would long ago have been kicked out.

There are literally 100's of millions of poor people from across the world waiting to/dreaming about reaching KSA/GCC to work and live in.

Try again Pakistani and keep crying.

See that is the problem with arabs...When I refuted your argument of " weakening indian economy" , you changed your goal posts and even then , you came up with a very weak argument.

Indians are benefiting as are citizens of KSA. Net movement of dollars is towards India. Also , you are employing a large number of Indians , helping indian economy as the unemployment rate in India is highest it has ever been in last 45 years...Their GDP growth rate is slowest but yet they an annual 13 billion dollars in surplus coming from KSA.

So to summarize;-

1. KSA is providing Indians job in times when India itself is facing high unemployment and lowest GDP growth thereby reducing the burden on Indian government to provide jobs to Indian people.
2. Providing Net dollars to Indian forex reserves.
3. All of these migrants would have been kicked out if you had enough population. It is your need to have them otherwise your whole economy will crash.. It is only the migrants who are sustaining your economy. You need them more than they need you.

I do think that Pakistanis, at least the ones on PDF, know that Ummah does not exist, or at least not in a way that they would have wanted it to exist.

The Gulf countries are indeed a gold mine for India (and Pakistan) for decades in a row.
Let us be real, most of the work that Indians do, could also be replaced by Pakistanis.

Why did the Gulf Arabs, decades ago, choose to import labour from India (and other non-Islamic countries such as The Philippines, for example)?
Do you know why?

Because GCC leaderships are not stupid. They have held the power the longest in the region and survived every crisis in the region. You don't do that by being a geopolitical imbecile. If KSA/GCC was stupid enough to depend solely on 1 or 2 countries for such a thing (in particularly initially during the enormous boom of the 1960's, 1970's, 1980's etc.) it would become vulnerable and not have the upper hand.

The same reason why KSA did not purely stick to Arab and Western expats which would have been the easiest thing. However there are internal political reasons for not only relying on fellow Arabs (which would be the ideal thing and help fellow Arab countries and their economies even more) as the political landscape of the Middle East/Arab world was chaotic during the cold war and regimes in power feared a large presence of fellow Arabs from abroad who could incite political changes. There was also the Palestinian experience in Kuwait during the Gulf War which scared the regimes.

As for "Gulf Arabs" there is no such thing. We are Arabs or Arabians who live on the ARABIAN PENINSULA. Asia. West Asia. Southwest Asia. MENA. Planet earth. There is no ethnicity called "Gulf Arab" anymore than there being Gulf of Oman Iranians or Arabian Sea Iranians, Pakistanis, Indians, Yemenis, Omanis etc. Khaliji Arabic (an Arabic dialect) is spoken from Southern Iraq to Northern Oman and even in Southern Iran. Gulf Arabic speakers number only am ere 200.000 in KSA or so. In other words, KSA is not a "Gulf" country. Far too big to be situated in one particular geography of the region.

I am from Hijaz, a region that has much more in common with neighboring Egypt, Sham (Levant) and Yemen historically. Hijazi Arabic is also closer to all those dialects. Najdi dialect is different too. All mutually intelligible of course but the moronic "Gulf" nonsense is tiring.

Do you know why?

High IQ post and this what I am trying to say. We are very aware that Ummah is dead.

If KSA was really a friend of Pakistan , those Indians migrants would have been out and Pakistanis would have replaced them.

India revoked 35a and annexed Kashmir = No condemnation from KSA infact they awarded modi with highest civilian reward.

India butchered 49 muslims in Delhi few days back = no comments from KSA

Pakistan asked for help in Kashmir crisis = Told by arabs that it is internal matter of India and good for Kashmiris so in essence , showed us the middle finger.

Yet these GCC arabs try to project as if they are our friends....LOL .. Even you , an indian can figure this out.

Reactions: Max
See that is the problem with arabs...When I refuted your argument of " weakening indian economy" , you changed your goal posts and even then , you came up with a very weak argument.

Indians are benefiting as are citizens of KSA. Net movement of dollars is towards India. Also , you are employing a large number of Indians , helping indian economy as the unemployment rate in India is highest it has ever been in last 45 years...Their GDP growth rate is slowest but yet they an annual 13 billion dollars in surplus coming from KSA.

So to summarize;-

1. KSA is providing Indians job in times when India itself is facing high unemployment and lowest GDP growth thereby reducing the burden on Indian government to provide jobs to Indian people.
2. Providing Net dollars to Indian forex reserves.
3. All of these migrants would have been kicked out if you had enough population. It is your need to have them otherwise your whole economy will crash.. It is only the migrants who are sustaining your economy. You need them more than they need you.

To summarize, KSA has a massive annual trade surplus with India and that has been the case for decades in a row. Last 50 + years of trade balance and it probably approaches almost 1 trillion USD overall in favor of KSA.

Whatever private Indians do with their earned money after contributing massively to KSA/GCC is none of my business nor that of KSA as India is not an enemy state but a beneficiary for KSA given the obvious benefits that KSA enjoys and enormous trade balance. I don't care about whatever happens in India either.

Because GCC leaderships are not stupid. They have held the power the longest in the region and survived every crisis in the region. You don't do that by being a geopolitical imbecile. If KSA/GCC was stupid enough to depend solely on 1 or 2 countries for such a thing (in particularly initially during the enormous boom of the 1960's, 1970's, 1980's etc.) it would become vulnerable and not have the upper hand.

The same reason why KSA did not purely stick to Arab and Western expats which would have been the easiest thing. However there are internal political reasons for not only relying on fellow Arabs (which would be the ideal thing and help fellow Arab countries and their economies even more) as the political landscape of the Middle East/Arab world was chaotic during the cold war and regimes in power feared a large presence of fellow Arabs from abroad who could incite political changes. There was also the Palestinian experience in Kuwait during the Gulf War which scared the regimes.

As for "Gulf Arabs" there is no such thing. We are Arabs or Arabians who live on the ARABIAN PENINSULA. Asia. West Asia. Southwest Asia. MENA. Planet earth. There is no ethnicity called "Gulf Arab" anymore than there being Gulf of Oman Iranians or Arabian Sea Iranians, Pakistanis, Indians, Yemenis, Omanis etc. Khaliji Arabic (an Arabic dialect) is spoken from Southern Iraq to Northern Oman and even in Southern Iran. Gulf Arabic speakers number only am ere 200.000 in KSA or so. In other words, KSA is not a "Gulf" country. Far too big to be situated in one particular geography of the region.

I am from Hijaz, a region that has much more in common with neighboring Egypt, Sham (Levant) and Yemen historically. Hijazi Arabic is also closer to all those dialects. Najdi dialect is different too. All mutually intelligible of course but the moronic "Gulf" nonsense is tiring.

You went off a tangent...

Question is only relating to India vs Pakistan....Why aren't there more Pakistanis compared to Indians ?

4.1M indians
2.5M Pakistanis

You could have equalized the ratios.

India recorded an annual trade deficit with KSA last year that amounted to 22.9 billion USD.

https://economictimes.indiatimes.co...countries-in-3-years/articleshow/70060617.cms

Same case with every single Arab country that has any relevant trade ties with India with the exception of UAE.

So KSA, unlike China (India's main trade partner and like KSA, China also has an enormous trade surplus with India but is somehow never criticized for its trade ties with India unlike KSA and Arabs), is criticized by simpletons on PDF for de facto weakening the Indian economy on a massive scale annually.

Add to that the massive (cheap) albeit decreasing (due to nationalization policies) Indian labour in GCC.

To somehow expect KSA or Arabs in some imaginary alternative universe, to cease this trade relationship, equates to not being aware of simple geopolitics that dictate the policies of every non-failed nation state in the world that looks out for its own interests first and foremost in the jungle that is the world.
Welcome back, thought you gave up

Do you know why?

Your assumption is wrong...If all the work that can be done by Pakistan, then why Pakistan has not able to fill up these vacancies in Gulf...Pakistan resource always gets preferential treatment in Arab world while getting any kind of job...Rather than blaming Arabs, it is the inability of Pakistan to use their friendship to their economic advantage is the problem...

Welcome back. You work on not getting banned often.

You went off a tangent...

Question is only relating to India vs Pakistan....Why aren't there more Pakistanis compared to Indians ?

4.1M indians
2.5M Pakistanis

You could have equalized the ratios.

First of all I don't know from where you have those imaginary numbers from.

snd18dhncjd41.jpg

Moreover India is a many times larger economy than Pakistan. No comparison.

Secondly there are 1.3 billion Indians and 200 million Pakistanis. There are more Muslims in India than there are Pakistanis in the world despite Muslims barely making up 15% of India's population to put the numbers into perspective.

There are ancient trade ties between Arabia and India as well that predate the foundation of India and Pakistan (as nation states) by millennia. IVC oldest trade partners for instance, where ancient civilizations in Arabia and Southern Iraq.

upload_2020-3-6_0-32-51.jpeg

1675ea58d8b5a8a8ac4c9f4af202ea17.jpg

It is like asking why 1.4 billion big China is the largest trade partner of 1.3 billion big India and not 750.000 big Bhutan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom