What's new

PDF WAR GAMES

now,about Terrible Swift Sword,which is a part of larger game series....
@jaibi

forceddownload.asp

thats the map(several maps is there.much more realistic.there are other games of the same company,which uses much larger detailed maps)....

each game scenario has several different number of turns.each hexagon represents 120 yards.this game generally takes around or over 50 hours.there is Reble sabers which is more detailed.

Terrible Swift Sword (game) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

all we have to do is to use this or Kriegsspiel type of maps,use our own counters(which will either represents different regiments,or different kinds of weapons,Cavalry,Infantry,Tanks,Aircraft,Ships etc).we need referees.now we can play this blindfoldedly,that means two party is playing 2 different games while at the end,referee will decide who wins,or we may play openly.each team will give a move after discussion,and another team will respond after.referee will watch the whole game and will issue time penalty and decision based on casualty and losses of resources.and of course,we have to play using our rules.some might dig up and post how actual military simulation has been done by any professional army.

We somehow need to adpot that there. Maps can be simple on MS Paint. What else? Rules of engagement. I'll read them too: you can suggest
now,about Terrible Swift Sword,which is a part of larger game series....
@jaibi

forceddownload.asp

thats the map(several maps is there.much more realistic.there are other games of the same company,which uses much larger detailed maps)....

each game scenario has several different number of turns.each hexagon represents 120 yards.this game generally takes around or over 50 hours.there is Reble sabers which is more detailed.

Terrible Swift Sword (game) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

all we have to do is to use this or Kriegsspiel type of maps,use our own counters(which will either represents different regiments,or different kinds of weapons,Cavalry,Infantry,Tanks,Aircraft,Ships etc).we need referees.now we can play this blindfoldedly,that means two party is playing 2 different games while at the end,referee will decide who wins,or we may play openly.each team will give a move after discussion,and another team will respond after.referee will watch the whole game and will issue time penalty and decision based on casualty and losses of resources.and of course,we have to play using our rules.some might dig up and post how actual military simulation has been done by any professional army.

it would be an awfully tall order and not to mention complex especially for the umpire . Would be simpler to find a freeware online game

We somehow need to adpot that there. Maps can be simple on MS Paint. What else? Rules of engagement. I'll read them too: you can suggest

actually,we need so simulate it.we could ask MOD to provide it,or simply can modify a .jpg or MS paint file to show it.plus,we could use chess like notation too..

as for rules of engagement,we should cover tactics,movement, weapons, close quarters combat, artillery,opportunity fire, hidden troops, snipers, tank support,fortifications,weather,force concentration,night attack capability,reserves,MG post,foxholes,using of ground,obstacle,recon mission's advantage,patrolling,ambush setup,charge,trench warfare,disruption of communication,attrition damage etc etc.we have to enforce a large set of rules.but as a starter,we may enforce small amount of rules of engagement to start these game and try our hands on maneuvers and tactics.we may increase this set further when needed.

actually,we need so simulate it.we could ask MOD to provide it,or simply can modify a .jpg or MS paint file to show it.plus,we could use chess like notation too..

as for rules of engagement,we should cover tactics,movement, weapons, close quarters combat, artillery,opportunity fire, hidden troops, snipers, tank support,fortifications,weather,force concentration,night attack capability,reserves,MG post,foxholes,using of ground,obstacle,recon mission's advantage,patrolling,ambush setup,charge,trench warfare,disruption of communication,attrition damage etc etc.we have to enforce a large set of rules.but as a starter,we may enforce small amount of rules of engagement to start these game and try our hands on maneuvers and tactics.we may increase this set further when needed.

LGames - Linux Games this open source WW2 based game should come close enough ..free to play..am hoping it has multiplayer

about the game : LGeneral is a turn-based strategy engine heavily inspired by Panzer General. You play single scenarios or whole campaigns turn by turn against a human player or the AI. Entrenchment, rugged defense, defensive fire, surprise contacts, surrender, unit supply, weather influence, reinforcements and other implementations contribute to the tactical and strategic depth of the game.

This should be very easy to setup and play on any computer

ss1.jpg

LGames - Linux Games this open source WW2 based game should come close enough ..free to play..am hoping it has multiplayer

about the game : LGeneral is a turn-based strategy engine heavily inspired by Panzer General. You play single scenarios or whole campaigns turn by turn against a human player or the AI. Entrenchment, rugged defense, defensive fire, surprise contacts, surrender, unit supply, weather influence, reinforcements and other implementations contribute to the tactical and strategic depth of the game.

This should be very easy to setup and play on any computer

ss1.jpg

actually the aim is to conduct realistic wargames based on some idea of board wargames.

@jaibi

I played several matches of Kriegsspiel.somewhat like chess.but one idea we can use from it is how to capture one of your unit..it uses the calculation of power of both side nearby.it calculates offensive power of opponent with defensive power of me.if opponent's offensive power is greater,then we can capture it.its a standard rule.also,it uses signal to connect pieces.any piece that is not connected with a connected piece,then it goes offline(it can't move or anything) until connected.the idea is to cut off through maneuver and capture as well as capture the opponent's pieces as well..I tried the idea of flanking,dividing the opponents in two and conquire,cutting them off from forts etc,and it worked.we just need elaborate version of it for starting.

@Joe Shearer @jhungary and others

whats your take on it???

Just a suggestion. You need three parties to play it out. One, Control HQ that controls the wargame and paint situations, decides on which side to get success and otherwise etc.. Two, a Foxland and third the Blueland.

Normally, if both the FL and BL are live i.e. it is a two-sided war game, you can leave out the Control HQ, and can have an Umpire to sort things out in case things get messy.
Why 'Fox Land'? That should be 'Red Land'! 'Fox Land' is reserved only for the Indian Army during sand model discussions/war games etc in Pakistan!

So let's not make it into a Pakistan Vs India thing! :no:

actually the aim is to conduct realistic wargames based on some idea of board wargames.

@jaibi

I played several matches of Kriegsspiel.somewhat like chess.but one idea we can use from it is how to capture one of your unit..it uses the calculation of power of both side nearby.it calculates offensive power of opponent with defensive power of me.if opponent's offensive power is greater,then we can capture it.its a standard rule.also,it uses signal to connect pieces.any piece that is not connected with a connected piece,then it goes offline(it can't move or anything) until connected.the idea is to cut off through maneuver and capture as well as capture the opponent's pieces as well..I tried the idea of flanking,dividing the opponents in two and conquire,cutting them off from forts etc,and it worked.we just need elaborate version of it for starting.

whats your take on it???
It.s great but how do.we get it??

@jaibi

whats your take on it???

One of my close friends is a young ex-PAF person, who just sent me the most extraordinary flight simulator package that he and his friend have been developing in stealth mode. I wonder if we can persuade him to join PDF, and to contribute particularly to this project. This might earn me personal negative marks if he sees what '@Joe Shearer' has been up to, having only seen bonobashi or vajra writing on PTH, but the probable benefits outweigh this particular personal risk.

Any interest?

@jaibi... I have few suggestions too...
Suggestion A:
-Show team players an Image of scenario
Ask question to them.
For example,you upload an image in which building is hijacted by terrorists,while agencies are outside,according to image,you will ask questions to them,eg:
-what should be position taken by sniper to hit terrorist successfully?

1)Building A-distance 180
2) building B-distance 120
3)building C-distance 40
4)building D-distance 200

Now team/member A/B opted separately:
the answer uploaded:
wrong:marksmen or sniper always maintained distance above then 80 because they have to maintain two factors while positioning themselves:
-accuracy
-avoiding to be seen by target

Thus option A/D is correct answer

or show them images of real scenario's such as sikander case,in which he made hostage of his very own two children in Islamabad,show participents images and ask them best position to target sikander,such as bushes etc
or use LOC border area and prepare same question,such as suitable position of soldier A or company Alpha A etc

This will help participents to learn about various strategies.
Ofcourse team A will not see teamB 's answer.

It.s great but how do.we get it??

I posted the link before...I'm posting it again..

Kriegspiel -- How to Play: Overview

download it and play it..rules are there...only problem is that you've to play it in practice mode as somehow I was unable to join the server.

One of my close friends is a young ex-PAF person, who just sent me the most extraordinary flight simulator package that he and his friend have been developing in stealth mode. I wonder if we can persuade him to join PDF, and to contribute particularly to this project. This might earn me personal negative marks if he sees what '@Joe Shearer' has been up to, having only seen bonobashi or vajra writing on PTH, but the probable benefits outweigh this particular personal risk.

Any interest?

That'd be great.we need more professionals who could help us to develop it.call more guys who've professional experience in this sector..

@Oldman1 @Yzd Khalifa and others...any suggestion??

@Slav Defence

you're right.but one thing we've to maintain is "Fog of War"...opponents can't seen others move until recon,patrol or any other units spot their activity..so,if 2 opponents are there,we've to play 2 different game and only referee can notify us what our move spotted based of unit's line of sight and position.

Last edited:

download it and play it..rules are there...only problem is that you've to play it in practice mode as somehow I was unable to join the server.

That'd be great.we need more professionals who could help us to develop it.call more guys who've professional experience in this sector..

@Slav Defence

you're right.but one thing we've to maintain is "Fog of War"...opponents can't seen others move until recon,patrol or any other units spot their activity..so,if 2 opponents are there,we've to play 2 different game and only referee can notify us what our move spotted based of unit's line of sight and position.
The images will be posted separately in two different threads.One picture in thread A,while same in thread B,so none of them will be able to see answers posted.

@Slav Defence

The images will be posted separately in two different threads.One picture in thread A,while same in thread B,so none of them will be able to see answers posted.After when they will mark answer,such as team A has opted X,while team B has Y,we will send answers SEPERATELY and immediately together with a difference of 1 sec hardly,so they will not be even able to cheat.
Remember,we will set adjustments in such a manner then team A cannot see team B 's thread and vice versa,and this can be done very easily.

Last edited:
That would send me dancing around PDF for days, sir :D

Any interest?

We can make the limitiation of not having nukes :) I think we've serious gamers over here, love, they know what I'm talking about.

I think it can be a great way to learn about military planning or how these things go down.

What do you guys think @Neptune @AUSTERLITZ
i will make a nuke weather you like it or not

Back
Top Bottom