What's new

PDF WAR GAMES

Just a suggestion. You need three parties to play it out. One, Control HQ that controls the wargame and paint situations, decides on which side to get success and otherwise etc.. Two, a Foxland and third the Blueland.

Normally, if both the FL and BL are live i.e. it is a two-sided war game, you can leave out the Control HQ, and can have an Umpire to sort things out in case things get messy.

Just a suggestion. You need three parties to play it out. One, Control HQ that controls the wargame and paint situations, decides on which side to get success and otherwise etc.. Two, a Foxland and third the Blueland.

Normally, if both the FL and BL are live i.e. it is a two-sided war game, you can leave out the Control HQ, and can have an Umpire to sort things out in case things get messy.
Yes, sir, I agree with you. Could you please be HQ? No one would be able to beat the scenarios you design and I.m sure they.d be fun to.play.

I LUV the idea, have often wondered if I could raise it, and backed off, thinking it a bit cheeky for a guest to suggest the thing.

On the negative side, we have very poor band-width at the Uni, I am writing utterly boring Process Guides for the Purchase department and then to every other section or department, my campus apartment is as icy as a witch's left >>>, and my beloved Fiat Palio needs TLC desperately.

I am writing this on my knees, as close to prayer as an atheist can get.

Sir, when there.s a will there.s a way :) let.s start something!

We need a scenario.

Rules of engagement.

Rules to victory.

I LUV the idea, have often wondered if I could raise it, and backed off, thinking it a bit cheeky for a guest to suggest the thing.

On the negative side, we have very poor band-width at the Uni, I am writing utterly boring Process Guides for the Purchase department and then to every other section or department, my campus apartment is as icy as a witch's left >>>, and my beloved Fiat Palio needs TLC desperately.

I am writing this on my knees, as close to prayer as an atheist can get.

Love the idea.Thanks @jaibi...I'm totally in.but lets start from some simpler small scale exercises,too much complexity will make things messy.

Will money be involved? Obviously fake money which players will have to earn (like they earn thanks), So they can acquire new things to get advantage on other side.

Love the idea.Thanks @jaibi...I'm totally in.but lets start from some simpler small scale exercises,too much complexity will make things messy.
Griffin tell us your idea then. I just thought of it, I.m not really sure about translating it.

Will money be involved? Obviously fake money which players will have to earn (like they earn thanks), So they can acquire new things to get advantage on other side.
Yeah, I think we should have some form.of economics involved.

For a war game to be done, you need a necessarily rule to enforce on the Unit (like apache kill tank, SAM kill Apache, and tank kill SAM)

You also need to have a common map on both side but you can only allow each side to see their own unit and what do they see.

Finally you will need an expert on terrain effect (like infantry is protected more on a reverse slope than a marsh land)

It is not easy to start a war game until all of the above is solved

Then you will probably need a person who know well on command and control in large scale unit to tutor or mentor the person whom playing the game. I don't think even I am up to that job ....

Have any of you heard of time commander?

It's a program that was done by BBC whom invite everyday Brits in the chair of a commanding generals and lieutenant in one of the historic battle.

We could do something like that minus the game engine and simply use a map and some unit done by animation to illustrate the war as progress

You can check out what time commander on youtube

we can try something like board game like Terrible Swift Sword where we can move each regimental level.I personally think we should first try pre 1800 battles to make it simple.first,we should concentrate on maneuver and deployment as well as force concentration,and the strategy that how we can outflank or outmaneuver our opponent as well as record casualty.we should enforce some rules against what kind of terrain we're playing like you proposed and simply try our hands on basic formations.we can add different weapons like tanks,aircrafts,ships or missiles later.first we should concentrate on ground force.what say?? @jaibi what your take on this idea???

Last edited:
I love it, Grif, if you could elaborate the rules more we can try a test game as I've not played this board game.

we can try something like board game like Terrible Swift Sword where we can move each regimental level.I personally think we should first try pre 1800 battles to make it simple.first,we should concentrate on maneuver and deployment as well as force concentration,and the strategy that how we can outflank or outmaneuver our opponent as well as record casualty.we should enforce some rules against what kind of terrain we're playing like you proposed and simply try our hands on basic formations.we can add different weapons like tanks,aircrafts,ships or missiles later.first we should concentrate on ground force.what say?? @jaibi what your take on this idea???

I love it, Grif, if you could elaborate the rules more we can try a test game as I've not played this board game.

as a matter of fact,nor did I.but I read about both this game as well as Kriegsspiel...

Kriegsspiel (wargame) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I can describe things as much as I know,using external links..then we could summed up as required.but we need helps from members who actually played this kind of game.

@jaibi I'm posting few link about both game and I might add few more....

first..

KRIEGSSPIEL

KS_screenshot_08Jan31a.png

read full details,rule and to download,here...

Kriegspiel -- How to Play: Overview

it is one of the earliest games that actually used by armies.

we can modify it and make it more realistic like performing real maneuvers,tactics and playing under some real military strategy to simulate a War Game.we can implement whole set of Military tactics.but then we have to add other parameters like resource,strength,weakness,time consumed per action etc.other members might like too add more..

Back
Top Bottom