What's new

PDF vs CORONAVIRUS - Call to Arms!

Olive leaf extract:

The Effect of Olive Leaf Extract on Upper Respiratory Illness in High School Athletes: A Randomised Control Trial
This is the first study investigating the effect of Olive Leaf Extract (OLE) on Upper Respiratory Infection (URI) incidence and duration in school athletes. OLE had no significant effect on incidence but significantly reduced the number of sick days by 28%. A reduction in the number of days would likely aid in ‘return to play’ and potentially improve performance. High school athletes should be educated on adequate intake of nutrients to support immune function, mainly concerning carbohydrates, prior to any consideration of supplementation. This research shows that OLE supplementation could be used to alleviate the effect of URI on high school athletes; however, adequate food-based nutrition and potentially other polyphenol products should still be investigated to decrease incidence.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6412187/

People (I know personally) who have taken olive leaf extract do not get common cold and flu.. if they get it, they get better in 2-3 days.

Problem with OLE is that if an individual is also taking BP medicine, OLE further reduces the BP and a person may experience double effect.. which might not be good. For healthy individuals, it is fine. I have been taking it for about a month.. and I can tell you I feel much better.. I had a skin allergy that's gone now.
From where i can get it. What's should be the daily intake?

Can you also please add how the regular blue masks should be worn, in regards to the white versus blue sides and who should wear which side facing out/in?

The colored side with folds is always out, it's another misinformation that is being spread. The mask is made of three layers, outermost (colored) one is fluid repellent, in case something is splashed on your face, it protects from that; the middle one is barrier to germs and the inner most is to absorb the moisture from the breath. And these masks should always be worn as such. If you are sick, better to use n95; if don't have it, and you want others to know that you are sick, it's better that you put some sort of tag or write it on your mask with a pen that you are infected.

The colored side with folds is always out, it's another misinformation that is being spread. The mask is made of three layers, outermost (colored) one is fluid repellent, in case something is splashed on your face, it protects from that; the middle one is barrier to germs and the inner most is to absorb the moisture from the breath. And these masks should always be worn as such. If you want are sick better to use n95, if don't have it, and you want others to know that you are sick, it's better that you put some sort of tag or write it on your mask with a pen that you are infected.

Thanks. I got that video of a Pakistani doctor re white v blue side hence asked for those buying in Pakistan.

I have 3M FFP3 masks that can only be worn one way.

Thanks. I got that video of a Pakistani doctor re white v blue side hence asked for those buying in Pakistan.

Yeah lots of misinformation is circulating and everyone is forwarding it without thinking about real life consequences of the information they are spreading.

Brother trust me, unless you are dealing directly with patients 3M Masks especially filtered N95's are best left for the medical professionals who desperately need them. My friend who is an anaesthetist at BARTS hospital in London said they have run out of masks... :o: and told me another hospital in London declared an emergency incident because it ran out of space in their ICU.

Stay safe, my prayers are with everyone. Just remember to stay 1/1.5 meters away, wash your hands and only go out if absolutely, critically necessary (stay in the green zone) :D.

Social Isolation 1.png
Social distancing 1.png

Brother trust me, unless you are dealing directly with patients 3M Masks especially filtered N95's are best left for the medical professionals who desperately need them. My friend who is an anaesthetist at BARTS hospital in London said they have run out of masks... :o: and told me another hospital in London declared an emergency incident because it ran out of space in their ICU.

Stay safe, my prayers are with everyone. Just remember to stay 1/1.5 meters away, wash your hands and only go out if absolutely, critically necessary (stay in the green zone) :D.

View attachment 616034 View attachment 616033

3M masks are primarily for 2 in the family who have asthma hence in high risk category.

Yes taking all the precautions and only I'm going out of house for groceries etc. All others are 'locked in' except for walks in countryside.

I am sound traditional but This is a non-muslims top-notch Modern American scholar painting all the hadith of Prophet (PBUP) to fight against COVID-19 and spread these hadith treasures in his article among peoples as per our modern lifestyle. Allah (SWT) bless us from the guidelines of our Prophet (PBUH) on good hygiene and quarantining during a pandemic.
https://www.newsweek.com/prophet-prayer-muhammad-covid-19-coronavirus-1492798

Last edited:
The very basic and simple favor Pakistanis can put in is, feeding the hungry around them.
A large number of Pakistanis depend their meals on daily wages so no work for one day simply means no dinner at table that one night. So look around yourself who is not able to work because of the current situation and provide them food. If you can’t provide with grocery at least cook some extra and give it to them.

——

And as per your own safety and safety of people around you is concerned, increase the intake of vitamin C, don’t sit near your elderly if you are the one who needs to go out and make the black seed part of your diet.

my appeal to the pdf moderators are to put a leash of the chinese PLA trolls on this site trying to whip up conspiracy theories. people like these are a plague and deliberately fermenting fake news vs self reflection. it is deliberate politics to put blame on others vs themselves.

We need full hands on deck to contain this across the world.

Last edited:
The very basic and simple favor Pakistanis can put in is, feeding the hungry around them.

Nooooooooooooo.

people need to stay home. i have been berating anyone i can get hold of to sit down at home.

There is no need to go around carrying carriers around the city.

If situation arises where food shortage occurs, we have community and municipal level setup for that.

Please think through before advocating for ideas which in normal crisis would be heroic but here can be suicidal.

Nooooooooooooo.

people need to stay home. i have been berating anyone i can get hold of to sit down at home.

If situation arises where food shortage occurs, we have community and municipal level setup for that.

Please think through before advocating for ideas which in normal crisis would be heroic but here can be suicidal.

I totally disagree with you. Not like a whole huge crowd is about to carry out the food. Take all the necessary precautions and help the people out around you.

From where i can get it. What's should be the daily intake?
I ordered olive leaf extract capsules from the US using iherb.com website. They deliver to UAE.

Don't know where can you get it in Pakistan. In UAE, even pharmacies sell in the capsules but they are expensive.

Alternatively, you can get dried olive leaves from a herb shop (pansar) in Pakistan, grind them to make powder, and take with water. This is how people take it traditionally.

The following website says that capsules are less effective than the traditional method. Problem with getting them from a local pansar shop in Pakistan is that you don't know how clean the leaves are. People in Pakistan usually take herbs after boiling them in water and then drink the water with the extract.

You can find all the information on olive leaves and the extract, dosage, in vivo and in vitro study results, contraindications etc on below webpage :

https://www.drugs.com/npp/olive-leaf.html

I think it is believable. They did same post 9/11 market crash and the 2008 crash. First they pay you then you're pretty much screwed for the rest of it. After the handout you are on your own.

Right now proposed plan is every Adult=$1200
Child=$500

So my cousin is getting around $4000

The bill is being deliberated and yet to be signed. But I think there's good chance it'll pass. And then again I also believe there's a good chance U.S will have to revisit the era of government soup kitchen like in 30s.

Wonder what other American-Pakistanis think(tag one you know)
@MastanKhan
Thought it was $1k lol??

And is it even "guaranteed"??

Feel like it's just another thing Trump says...

Don't know about that but any type of soap....normal and anti-bacterial works for removing the virus.

Source:

Follow the 20 second rule for handwashing with soap!!! (won't work with just water)

Also use a hand sanitizer with a higher alcohol (60% and above) content. If you don't have access to water.

vnc413ule2l41.jpg

Source:

What you think of government checks??
What state u in??
Hopefully not in NY OR CA.
I totally disagree with you. Not like a whole huge crowd is about to carry out the food. Take all the necessary precautions and help the people out around you.

Nooooooooooooo.

It does seem that the virus spreads exponentially. A lot of people say it is just the beginning. There's no knowing when this virus will end.

Whoever launched this bioweapon must be satisfoed with the results. Or if it's God then may he forgive us and have mercy on us. Ameen.

How do you know they help?

ANYONE WITH GRAPHICS DESIGNING EXPERIENCE?

They help boosting the immune system. But immune system is not dependent on supplements alone. People need to be in good emotional and psychological state too.

Seeing as the world has been held up by the first pandemic we've seen. I think instead of sitting on our behinds, let's do something instead of fighting each other. Let's fight the virus. The panic is also very real and right now you can make the world of a difference. So, I'm calling for a ceasement of all hostilities, for now, and calling to arms all members who are passionate and worried for their families and communities.

Please, below just write where you are and what can you do (i.e. anything you can provide or do such as programming, are you a doctor, psychologist, writer, etc.,). Please, let me know how many of you are interested but I want to strike back and arm our people against this menace.

ME: Psychologist, PK.

I'm an Internet Marketer. I can take anything and propagate it online be a video or web page.
Apart from that I have a great deal of knowledge about nutrition and psychology.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom