What's new

PDF need to add new Defence Forum for Indonesia-Malaysia, Central Asia and Muslim Sub-Saharan Africa

What do you mean by this?

I think he means creating more sub-forums will just cause greater problems and be tiresome for the current management.
No kidding.
It's a whole different world in other country-defence forums with prejudices and name-calling I'd never thought had existed.
thats exactly what I meant.

Here is my two cents:
- more number of countries is a greater permutation/combination of rivaries and troll wars between countries and sets of countries. The probability of a good debate/ eductative thread would come down and we have to sift through a pile of threads to get to good ones.
- the pdf admins are better of patrolling a concerned sphere of influence - pak, afg, ind, china, bd, iraq, ME is more than enough to create a treasure trove of discussions and debates.
- while I would love for this forum to grow leaps and bounds, i would rather want to see the growth in the quality of the forum (which is improving of course, but still has some way to go).
- the countries suggested by @kalu_miah "mostly" have a minimal impact on Pak. If there is a major event in those areas that happens, it will anyways be discussed

If we look at the Muslim world map:

Muslim_Distribution_map.jpg

PDF Country watch section covers most of the Muslim world as well as many nations important for Pakistan, but countries from the following areas are missing:

- Indonesia, Malaysia and Brunei
- Central Asia (5 stans)
- Muslim part of Northern Sub-Saharan Africa

Most of the above are Muslim majority or with significant % of Muslim population because of which they are OIC member countries. These countries I believe are important for future geopolitics of Pakistan. In order to attract posters from these countries, exchange ideas with them and give them a platform to present information about their country and specially their defense establishment, I would recommend opening the following Defence Forum subsections in the Country Watch part of the Forum:

1. Indonesia-Malaysia-Brunei Defence Forum
2. Kazakhstan-Kyrgyzstan-Turkmenistan-Uzbekistan-Tajikistan Defence Forum
3. Muslim Sub-Saharan Africa Defence Forum (OIC member countries but not included in Arab League should be covered here)

@Indos @Aeronaut @T-123456

I thinks its amply clear to Muslims the world over, that no one understands our pain and suffering than us ourselves and only by helping each other we can overcome our pathetic situation in the world today, in terms of lack of economic and social development and geopolitical and military weakness.

I like your idea sir.

I haven't seen any "Malay" Malaysian PDF member in here even though English is one of their official language......

Indonesian members are not a frequent posters though

I haven't seen any "Malay" Malaysian PDF member in here even though English is one of their official language......

Indonesian members are not a frequent posters though

I've seen only one "Malay" Malaysian member here. Doesn't post here anymore.

Newer sections may attract new members. Just a thought.

@Aeronaut @WebMaster

I do not have any place to ask this question but could u guys please inform me how do you place background image to the border of the page? sofar i only know how to change background image to either repeat or no repeat. Your help will be appreciated.

I like this idea

Even though we don't have many members from the respective sections but you never know if we are going to have more diverse community once we have these sections

@Aeronaut @WebMaster

I do not have any place to ask this question but could u guys please inform me how do you place background image to the border of the page? sofar i only know how to change background image to either repeat or no repeat. Your help will be appreciated.

Border of the page? you just need fixed width and background in the back, it looks like border when it is just behind.

I agree, we need a separate section for Senegal. So many defense related stuffs happens over there all the time.

Can PDF also have a separate forum for Korean (north and/or south) military which has recently seen lots of escalation and crisis.

Can PDF also have a separate forum for Korean (north and/or south) military which has recently seen lots of escalation and crisis.

There's a place for that in the Far East section. There's also the fact that sections are driven by the posters from the region and from what I know we only have two Korean (South) posters, unlike the many Thai, Philippine, Chinese, Indonesian, Malaysian and Singaporean posters we have.

There's a place for that in the Far East section. There's also the fact that sections are driven by the posters from the region and from what I know we only have two Korean (South) posters, unlike the many Thai, Philippine, Chinese, Indonesian, Malaysian and Singaporean posters we have.

Still waiting for an European defense section. :cray:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom