What's new

PDF need to add new Defence Forum for Indonesia-Malaysia, Central Asia and Muslim Sub-Saharan Africa

kalu_miah

Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
If we look at the Muslim world map:

Muslim_Distribution_map.jpg

PDF Country watch section covers most of the Muslim world as well as many nations important for Pakistan, but countries from the following areas are missing:

- Indonesia, Malaysia and Brunei
- Central Asia (5 stans)
- Muslim part of Northern Sub-Saharan Africa

Most of the above are Muslim majority or with significant % of Muslim population because of which they are OIC member countries. These countries I believe are important for future geopolitics of Pakistan. In order to attract posters from these countries, exchange ideas with them and give them a platform to present information about their country and specially their defense establishment, I would recommend opening the following Defence Forum subsections in the Country Watch part of the Forum:

1. Indonesia-Malaysia-Brunei Defence Forum
2. Kazakhstan-Kyrgyzstan-Turkmenistan-Uzbekistan-Tajikistan Defence Forum
3. Muslim Sub-Saharan Africa Defence Forum (OIC member countries but not included in Arab League should be covered here)

@Indos @Aeronaut @T-123456

I thinks its amply clear to Muslims the world over, that no one understands our pain and suffering than us ourselves and only by helping each other we can overcome our pathetic situation in the world today, in terms of lack of economic and social development and geopolitical and military weakness.

PDF is better off focusing on the current structure and improve forum experience and patrolling instead of stretching itself too thin. been with PDF since 4 years now and have seen it grow to an extent where there is so much info and less time to digest it.

Request the admins to continue the good work and consolidate current forum before adding more sections and stretching resources.

1. agreed they have a population of at least 250 million with many members on the forum.
2.is covered in the Turkish section.
3.No members of that part of the world so why the need?

2. It might be ok for now, but I believe with almost 70 million combined population, their common history under Russian empire and Soviet Union and their current position within Russian sphere of influence, they deserve a separate section. But it can wait, so I am ok with its current inclusion in Turkish section

3. I would say that Sub-Saharan Africa is important for Muslim world. All great powers and aspiring powers have their eyes and boots on the ground for this resource rich area, from the West (with their Christian missionaries), China with their economic engagement and Indian multinationals doing brisk business there using Indian origin early migrants in these nations. I think it is an important but neglected part of the Muslim world and can be instrumental for extending Muslim influence over all of Africa. So a section would be more inviting for people to join and contribute in this section, increasing participation from this part of the world.

PDF is better off focusing on the current structure and improve forum experience and patrolling instead of stretching itself too thin. been with PDF since 4 years now and have seen it grow to an extent where there is so much info and less time to digest it.

Request the admins to continue the good work and consolidate current forum before adding more sections and stretching resources.

What do you mean by this?

1. agreed they have a population of at least 250 million with many members on the forum.
2.is covered in the Turkish section.
3.No members of that part of the world so why the need?

Sorry for the lack of understanding, but why are you saying that Kazakhstan-Kyrgyzstan-Turkmenistan-Uzbekistan-Tajikistan Defence Forum includes in the Turkish section?

Sorry for the lack of understanding, but why are you saying that Kazakhstan-Kyrgyzstan-Turkmenistan-Uzbekistan-Tajikistan Defence Forum includes in the Turkish section?

I think he means creating more sub-forums will just cause greater problems and be tiresome for the current management.
No kidding.
It's a whole different world in other country-defence forums with prejudices and name-calling I'd never thought had existed.

Well,there is a Turkic ''section'' isnt there which has some threads about/of Turkmenistan affairs?
There is one Kyrgyz-Turkish member Telkon,the other countries are not represented yet.
You want to give all those countries a section?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom