What's new

Passing ISSB for Ground Forces

Assalam O Allikum All,

i wanted to know one thing from u experienced guys. how to read the sand model or to make plan and what GTO looks for in that task, any suggestions for that please.
and is it wrong to plan individualy in this task or should we plan collectively(group of 10) as GTO asks.

we totaly failed to comeup with any plan to save tourist in our sand model planning task.

some background:
I appered in ISSB in May 2009. I was one of ten guys who were re-interviewed and in reinterview he just asked me simple questions about my family and internship experiences after two day, unfortunately i received letter of non-recomendation.

ALLAH HAFIZ

ISSB ***** personality in Three Dimentional Scientific way So act on it for 100% success in ISSB!!!!!!

1. Written

2. Verbal or Expressions

3. Behavior

Believe me This is my personal Experience

1. Psychological Testing(Written)

2. Interviwe & GTO (Verbal or Expressions)

3.GTO & Interviwe (Behavior)

Last edited:
Assalam O Allikum All,

i wanted to know one thing from u experienced guys. how to read the sand model or to make plan and what GTO looks for in that task, any suggestions for that please.
and is it wrong to plan individualy in this task or should we plan collectively(group of 10) as GTO asks.

we totaly failed to comeup with any plan to save tourist in our sand model planning task.

some background:
I appered in ISSB in May 2009. I was one of ten guys who were re-interviewed and in reinterview he just asked me simple questions about my family and internship experiences after two day, unfortunately i received letter of non-recomendation.

ALLAH HAFIZ

Planning only needs ur attention so be attentive and organized!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ur questions will be appriciated!!!!!!!!!!!!!

salaam i am in the CAF . i would like to know if i could join the PAF after my 8 years are over?

is there anyone here who has flat feet and got in?
NO, My uncle was rejected for this problem back in 70s. You cannot hike well with flat feet.
You can get a surgery to correct it.

When i recieved my "Not Recommended" letter it came as no surprise. I was very foolish in my GTO test's and the same can be said for my interview. I applied for the 127 PMA L/C.

First of all i have been a book worm all my life and hence after 5 attempts i climbed a 6 foot tall plank, shakily stood straight on it and leaped a few feet to cross the finish line. My group had lost all confidence in me and every commander would say: "Chest number 8, aap nahin kar sakte, waapis aajaein" and my reply would always be, "COMMANDER I CAN DO IT, I CAN DO IT!". They were treating me like another inanimate object.

In my interview i was razor sharp honest. I DID say that i would be highly obliged if we had a little hot running water. I DID admit that i am afraid of heights because i have NEVER climbed a tall ladder! Also i honestly informed the interviewer about my ex-gf, my habit of not offering prayers regularly. But in the end atleast i told him, "Sir, i am afraid of heights and i dont want to be a burden on the army. I wish to return after 6 months eliminating this fear and increasing my agility considerably". At this point he said to me, "Dont lose hope, you are recommended uptil now. However we will evaluate your performance in the Individual Obstacles tomorrow. Make your maximum effort".

Its the IO's. I am standing infront of the GTO. The whistle goes off and i make a dash towards the monkey bridge. As i cautiously step on to the rope, i am shaking from head to toe. The whistle goes off again..............i reach the vertical rope but am too scared to climb down it. I honestly tell the GTO: Sir i am sorry but i am afraid.

YES, i am ashamed of my Zero Obstacle drama but atleast i have a clean conscience that i was true to myself. Now i am trying to improve my physique by running 5 kilometers everyday and light bodybuilding. I'll give it another shot 6 months later. Won't lose hope, won't give up.........

P.S. It was fun spotting the 'jasoos-es' :) 4 memorable days...

Thank You General Xeric. Although I have not asked you anything abut ISSB , your comments are very helpful. I am gona take ISSB soon INSHALLAH and I'll keep your instructions in mind. There's happened a damn with me in 127 PMA L/C. I had qualified for ISSB and after submitting my documents for ISSB at ASRC LHR, i came back home and started my preparation for ISSB eagerly, they informed me that "you r not eligible mr zahrela" OMG. I asked him reason. He told me that your academic portion of initial intelligence test was not attempted. i told him that the major ____ gave me slip for next tests and I passed those tests. i just want to say that they didn't told me that your academic portion is still unattempted and this mistake of mine forced me o wait next 6 months. This gave me a lot of experience.! Now I'll neva try to be speedy. I 'll always think twice before completing every task.! I'll wait for your comment desperately Mr.General. Thank you !

Well i have read all posts of this discussion & one thing i have observed ....
that is:
They don't want very intelligent individuals and also they don't want very dull ones....
The thing that needed most is to be real...natural...even not an angel but sometimes be careful of speaking so much truth that would not be fit for army
You must suit army as officer...as caretaker becoz u hav to protect ur country after selection as an officer so u must take care all abt it ...
U must not be an individual but all army senses must lie in ur personality......

---------- Post added at 01:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:41 PM ----------

And also correct me if iam wrong......................

I am student & iam studying know in class inter pre medical.....
I love Pakistan army frm core of my heart.
My grand father was uneducated & soldier in army , he fought war of -65 & was given awards along his other fellows .
My brother is a clerk in army & is doing course related to his field in Pak army

I also love to join army but i have made 2 plannings
Firstly if iam successful to become doctor then i would join army by commisioning as a captain..
But if i am unsuccessful in doing that then i will apply for commision in army on intermediate basis...

Is my planning good or not...?

When i recieved my "Not Recommended" letter it came as no surprise. I was very foolish in my GTO test's and the same can be said for my interview. I applied for the 127 PMA L/C.

First of all i have been a book worm all my life and hence after 5 attempts i climbed a 6 foot tall plank, shakily stood straight on it and leaped a few feet to cross the finish line. My group had lost all confidence in me and every commander would say: "Chest number 8, aap nahin kar sakte, waapis aajaein" and my reply would always be, "COMMANDER I CAN DO IT, I CAN DO IT!". They were treating me like another inanimate object.

In my interview i was razor sharp honest. I DID say that i would be highly obliged if we had a little hot running water. I DID admit that i am afraid of heights because i have NEVER climbed a tall ladder! Also i honestly informed the interviewer about my ex-gf, my habit of not offering prayers regularly. But in the end atleast i told him, "Sir, i am afraid of heights and i dont want to be a burden on the army. I wish to return after 6 months eliminating this fear and increasing my agility considerably". At this point he said to me, "Dont lose hope, you are recommended uptil now. However we will evaluate your performance in the Individual Obstacles tomorrow. Make your maximum effort".

Its the IO's. I am standing infront of the GTO. The whistle goes off and i make a dash towards the monkey bridge. As i cautiously step on to the rope, i am shaking from head to toe. The whistle goes off again..............i reach the vertical rope but am too scared to climb down it. I honestly tell the GTO: Sir i am sorry but i am afraid.

YES, i am ashamed of my Zero Obstacle drama but atleast i have a clean conscience that i was true to myself. Now i am trying to improve my physique by running 5 kilometers everyday and light bodybuilding. I'll give it another shot 6 months later. Won't lose hope, won't give up.........

P.S. It was fun spotting the 'jasoos-es' :) 4 memorable days...

If you are actually running 5 kilometers...then it is very good for your stamina.....but make sure you also incorporate other cardio work outs like Skipping rope, swimming etc.

Bodybuilding is done best with minimum running.....like 1-2km at most.....more than that and you will start losing muscle........but i guess you don't need to be buffed up for military selection........it's both the brains and the body working in harmony that they want!

Make sure you keep yourself physically fit, try new work outs, read good stuff and challenge your brain with puzzles etc every now and then.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom