What's new

Passing ISSB for Ground Forces

Also i read somewhere that i dont need to go through the preliminary selection process at the recruitment centre becuase i am a pakistan citzen residing abroad. Is this correct.

That is correct. Pakistani's residing abroad are exempt from preliminary selection process (Army only). However, it is noteworthy to mention individuals with dual nationality will have to surrender any foreign passport they hold.

Make sure you contact the defence attache at the embassy and arrange for an interview. He will judge your character and subsequently issue a recommendation for further processing.

SIR,
plz tell me that i have weak educational background and did not participate in games but i am fit , motivated and want to spend my life to defend my borders till from childhood.Will my educational background become a hurdle for selection of army.

plz reply you are like a candle , by the way i am repeater and will apply in PMA 124 Insha Allah.

I think enigma answered your question here.

sir muhadk,
you gave us really good advice and we will focus on that point s.sir i dont get your one sentence"If you really want to do good before you start tell the other boys hi lets sit for 2 min and make a plane before we jump in and say that a little loud s" what does it mean. plz clarify my "angerazi"is little weak.thanksyou and we will be recommended .INSHA ALLAH we have a persons like you and enigma . enigma sir i am waiting for your ans plz reply.

one more thing if a person is very emotional like, he always use the word like 'we will defend our land till last breath' ' he will sacrifice anything for Pakistan' ' atlast he got SHAHADAT' 'he openned fire when he see his enemy''is this good or mantioned as poor emotional stability. plz experienced person reply me both of you

PAKISTAN ZINDABAD

First of all, army is not built for emotional nor intelligent people. If you are emotional, you should find your way in films or dramas. Not in army. Love for country is good but it does not mean you should worthlessly satisfy your soul by dieing for your country and country has no advantage for it. It is good for you own soul not for country.

Secondly, methods of army are tested. History of army is very tested and old. Now army will not bear that one intelligent mind come in tries to experiment with radical new tactics and putting future of army in danger. There may be good but it may be bad. Army cannot afford that risk because it is matter of defense of country. Army runs on pre made rules.

just be confident, try to take accurate and quick decisions and be a gentleman. They don't find a political leader in you because your subordinates will obey you even you r not leader.

Thats military son.
Tell me how to attempt ISSB for second time.

Last edited:
sir ghalib,
i read you all advise carefully thanks for you advice.At last you ask me how to attempt ISSB for second time. i will register my self in PMA 124 give physicall and will got the ISSB form them "hum hoon ge or woh GTO(meethi churiyaan)hoon ga ''

The major guidelines to pass the ISSB are:
At ISSB, they are looking for alert, motivated candidates who have the potential to complete the long, arduous and extensive training which faces all newly commissioned officers in the service. The Selection Board is looking for many things, such as clear thinking, the ability to remain calm under stress and strain, team skills and willingness to participate. they don’t want you to display rashness or aggression; neither do they want you to be dull or spiritless. Be honest, straightforward and frank. Don’t display over-consciousness, false projection or superficial behavior.

Your Appearance
You can tell a lot from a person’s appearance. Show them you have got a sense of personal pride.

Self Confidence
Self-confidence and maturity are largely the product of experience. You can strengthen these qualities by participating in-group activities, taking on responsibility and exercising independence.
Expressions
In ISSB the bord looks for people with good expression, may it be Urdu or English, clear direction, a good vocabulary and sense of grammar. U can try to develop these by joining in debates and group discussions.

Academic Ability
Good academic results mean you will be good at absorbing the training of advanced and sophisticated equipment. Make your English and Mathematics sound.

Leadership
If you possess the above qualities, you will have a greater potential for leadership training. Try and seek out positions of responsibility in academic, youth, social or sports activities.

Fitness
Take adequate physical exercise in the run up before you report at the ISSB.

Motivation
You should be convincing and sincere in your reasons for wanting to join armed forces. Make sure you really know for what and why you are applying.

Awareness
they are looking for people with an awareness of the world around them, and an interest in military matters. Discuss current affairs and defence issues with your parents, teachers and friends and keep yourself updated with good newspapers.

I hope my friends u will dont feel any difficulty to understand all these points... ur questions are always welcomed by me.. Thanks

ISSB IS BY LUK ONLY?????????????????

Thanks

Last edited:
i took the ASVAB for Marines failed it misrably you need 31 and i got 18 need to work on it and take it again.

I m not recomended from issb due to communication skills. Now i m apearing in issb again plz give some tips that how can i get entry in pma ? and also give some tips that how should i behave in issb center.

Last edited:
sir i have done my matriculation and got 84% marks
now i want to join any cadet college because i have heard that it is easy to pass issb for the students who r already in some cadet college so pls tell me that is it possible to join any cadet college (specially MCJ & PAF Sargodha) after matriculation????????:undecided::undecided:
i m waiting for answers pls guide me as soon as possible becoz admissions r open now a days and soon they will b closed:frown:
regards

A little "luck" and a LOT of skill

They dont want extra ordinary intelligent people . Family background loyality,leadership and physical fitness are more required to serve in armed forces.

Bristisher induct persons only from 12 marshal races of India. In Pakistan now there is no limitation of family but still they prefer candidate having any relative served in armed forces.

They dont want extra ordinary intelligent people . Family background loyality,leadership and physical fitness are more required to serve in armed forces.

Bristisher induct persons only from 12 marshal races of India. In Pakistan now there is no limitation of family but still they prefer candidate having any relative served in armed forces.

Fund bro you are wrong in your assumptions.

One, even if you are not physically fit they will make you fit, that's what PMA is about. They are not losing a guud candidate just because he couldnt do 30 push ups. They will get these chinks straight in PMA.

Second, as for your concern about having a relative in the military, sir i can give you my personal example that i dont even have a sepoy in Police known to me before i joined Army, what to talk about having a relative in the military!

And there is nothing with the family back groun, we have officers whose fathers have been Kabaria Shop wala (teen dabay wala), and guess what he was ADC with a Corp Commander, we have officers whose father was a daily wager, used to work as a labor in a local factory, he's Commanding a Brigade now, we do have officers whose father was a land lord, i know an officer who when passed out had a bank balance of Rs 3 million! say thnx to Papa, his first car was a Mercedes! And he still changes his cell phone once a week!

So dear it is not the background, it is the foreground that you have to show the Army that yes you are the one whom the Army needs!!

Got it? Work hard dear, work very hard, hard work always pay, that's a guarantee!

Need any other assistance i am available :tup:

sir i have done my matriculation and got 84% marks
now i want to join any cadet college because i have heard that it is easy to pass issb for the students who r already in some cadet college so pls tell me that is it possible to join any cadet college (specially MCJ & PAF Sargodha) after matriculation????????:undecided::undecided:
i m waiting for answers pls guide me as soon as possible becoz admissions r open now a days and soon they will b closed:frown:
regards

http://www.defence.pk/forums/416931-post143.html

Fund bro you are wrong in your assumptions.

One, even if you are not physically fit they will make you fit, that's what PMA is about. They are not losing a guud candidate just because he couldnt do 30 push ups. They will get these chinks straight in PMA.

Second, as for your concern about having a relative in the military, sir i can give you my personal example that i dont even have a sepoy in Police known to me before i joined Army, what to talk about having a relative in the military!

And there is nothing with the family back groun, we have officers whose fathers have been Kabaria Shop wala (teen dabay wala), and guess what he was ADC with a Corp Commander, we have officers whose father was a daily wager, used to work as a labor in a local factory, he's Commanding a Brigade now, we do have officers whose father was a land lord, i know an officer who when passed out had a bank balance of Rs 3 million! say thnx to Papa, his first car was a Mercedes! And he still changes his cell phone once a week!

So dear it is not the background, it is the foreground that you have to show the Army that yes you are the one whom the Army needs!!

Got it? Work hard dear, work very hard, hard work always pay, that's a guarantee!

Need any other assistance i am available :tup:

exceptions are always there, generally majority is inducted in armed forces from cadet colleges, ie in miltery college jehlum 10% seats reserved for civilians.so same percentage will be selected in ISSB naturally.

Back
Top Bottom