What's new

Passing ISSB for Ground Forces

Gentleman,

I Have couple of question which some of you might be able to answer.

I am of pakistan origin and live in the UK. I would like to join Pak Army.

I have degree in aircraft engineering. and have about three years experience in European defence aviation as Consultant and Analyst.

What i would like to know is

What is the highest rank i can join as?

How easy is it to get promotion within Pak Army.

Also i read somewhere that i dont need to go through the preliminary selection process at the recruitment centre becuase i am a pakistan citzen residing abroad. Is this correct.

Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Thank you very much.

Best Regards

Naseem

You can pay a visit to your nearest selection center and can get the latest information from there, otherwise i dont think it is that big a problem.

They want none of what you have mentioned.
All they require is somebody with a clear head.

The one who thinks clearly, positively and evaluate everything before he makes any decision. Because in the Army you got to be a guud decision maker as one wrong decision can get many lives screwed!

Only and only if you can think clearly then the question of 'running own orders' or 'Yes Sir' will never arise. The one giving the order is giving it after much deliberation and the one obeying it i.e. you will carry it out as you KNOW that it is legimitate and correct. So the prejudice that one has to be 'obeying' all the time has no roots at all.

Moreover, at many a times you would be required to make you own decisions, and act independently, so again you have to be a guud decision maker also. Courtesy and respect always have paramount importance in this case but then again you are an officer and you know very well what would be 'right' or 'wrong'.

Army is a very versatile carrier, today you might be firing upon the enemy, tomorrow you may have to carryout the job of police, the day after you may be carrying out tree plantation and then in the evening you may be preparing a football or hockey ground.

You may have to deal with beggars and shopkeepers and then again you might have to deal with a DPO or DCO.

You might find yourself engaged with a foreign delegation and then you may also find yourself talking to a widow who complains that her in laws has taken away all her husbands savings.

You might be kick the arse of some under command who has a lose character and at the same time you might be talking to the 'numberdar' of a village to get soldier's problem solved.

At times you might be required to get your true anger controlled and at some other occasion you might have to pretend that you out of your mind, though you might be going on a date!

So if you can do this all "perfectly" you will get the recommendation letter, if not then i m sorry you have no place in the Amry atleast!

These examples will i am sure get your mind agitated in the right direction.

One word: SENSIBLY!!

Not advisable, but if you are so concerned and away from the world, you might like to try some.

Already Answered.
Hope that this will help you!!!

Still, you are free to ask anything

May be it is ture but, one thing i know is... that you have to cancel citizenship of any other country if your are selected in army. The heighest rank u can directly join is Captain.

Well if any of yiu wants to join the military for promotion, then i must say you would probably not even make out of ISSB.

That's the problem which many of the geniuses face when they appear before the board.

They think that they are such jewels as they might be position holders previously and had been successful in many other fields, but they forget that their monetary demands and their wish of 'enjoying' or i must say abusing Army privileged will always come handy in getting them thrown out of ISSB, PMA or the Army!!

I do not wish to enjoy the privilages that the pakistan army provides. If i was after privilages i wouldnt leave my current job which pays me 10 times more then i would be getting in Pakistan Army.

Being in the Army is Career and in any career your aim is to achieve the highest position possible and work to the best of your abilities.

I also understand that you have duty to serve and protect the country. You could argue that this is your primary role being in the armed forces. However the army is also your Career.

I am not saying i am the best of the Best. But i have experience which some other people might not have. The Army is not for one type of individual. There are many jobs in the army which require diffrent types of personality. fighting is only one aspect of the army. i would say the logistics is the back bone of any army. without logistics there is no army, not matter how good your fron line troops are.

Anyway sorry for the Rant. I am not some stuck up idiot who wants to join Pak army for the fun. But to do a real job.

Best Regards

I do not wish to enjoy the privilages that the pakistan army provides. If i was after privilages i wouldnt leave my current job which pays me 10 times more then i would be getting in Pakistan Army.

Being in the Army is Career and in any career your aim is to achieve the highest position possible and work to the best of your abilities.

I also understand that you have duty to serve and protect the country. You could argue that this is your primary role being in the armed forces. However the army is also your Career.

I am not saying i am the best of the Best. But i have experience which some other people might not have. The Army is not for one type of individual. There are many jobs in the army which require diffrent types of personality. fighting is only one aspect of the army. i would say the logistics is the back bone of any army. without logistics there is no army, not matter how good your fron line troops are.

Anyway sorry for the Rant. I am not some stuck up idiot who wants to join Pak army for the fun. But to do a real job.

Best Regards

Well that's what i expected out of you!
Bro!, this was the only way to get the real thing out of you, so here you are-all true.
Well it is guud that you are motivated and ready to sacrifice, atleast now you have segregated yourself from those who are not a 'potential' candidate.

This was just a jolt to get the truth out of yoiu so don't take it your heart.

Atleast i should know whom i am talking to and wasting my energies on a topic which already had been killed at mannnnnyyyy occasions on the forum!!
So chill!

Sorry Bro,

It is early here and i just got to work and i read your comments. I was little bit cheesed off. So i had little rant at you.

But you do have point. Some people just want to join so they can go up the Ranks and abuse the system and the privilges that they are given.

I hope the Pak Army does not let this happen.

Also just out of interest. What Criteria is used to promote people within the Pak Army.

Kind Regards

One thing i know is never give any facial or body expressions. like emotions etc.

<a href="http://makemoney.netii.net">Cars</a>

Last edited:
SALAM ALL BROTHERS,

I HAD GIVE THE EXAMS OF PMA 123 AND NOT REC. NOW I WILL APPLY IN PMA 124 WHICH WILL COME IN MAY 7.

I WOULD LIKE TO TELL YOU MY EXPERIECE:

YOU MUST MAKE SENTENCE POSITIVE QUICKLY.

MY SENTENCE COMPLETION IS:

1.SHMEEM WAS GOING IN THE JUNGE THEN..........
2.ASLAM AND AKMAL FRIENDSHIP CHANGE INTO ENEMITY.............

PLZ ANYONE TELL ME ONE THING
I DID NOT PARTICIPATE ANY PHYSICALL GAMES BUT PHYSICALLY FIT, PHYSICALL GAMES LIKE HOKEY OR FOOTBALL IS NECESSARY OR NOT.SECOND THING IS SOCIAL ACTIVITIES CAN I WRITE THE I AM MEMBER OF DEFENCE FORUM.

SIR,
plz tell me that i have weak educational background and did not participate in games but i am fit , motivated and want to spend my life to defend my borders till from childhood:sniper:.Will my educational background become a hurdle for selection of army.

plz reply you are like a candle , by the way i am repeater and will apply in PMA 124 Insha Allah.:pakistan:

SIR,
plz tell me that i have weak educational background and did not participate in games but i am fit , motivated and want to spend my life to defend my borders till from childhood.Will my educational background become a hurdle for selection of army.

plz reply you are like a candle , by the way i am repeater and will apply in PMA 124 Insha Allah.

SIR,
plz tell me that i have weak educational background and did not participate in games but i am fit , motivated and want to spend my life to defend my borders till from childhood.Will my educational background become a hurdle for selection of army.

plz reply you are like a candle , by the way i am repeater and will apply in PMA 124 Insha Allah.hum ne gulshan ki hifazat ki kasam khai ha:smitten:

or haan i am improving my "aangarazi":agree:

Back
Top Bottom