What's new

Pashto to be official language: Sikandar Sherpao

UmarJustice

New Recruit

Reaction score
PESHAWAR - Quami Watan Party (QWP) Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Chairman Sikander Hayat Sherpao has said that Pashtu would be implemented as official language in the province if his party was voted to power in the next general elections.

While speaking at a seminar in a connection with the International ‘Mother Language Day’ organized by the QWP Culture Wing here at press club on Thursday.

He said that language is a sign of long living nations in the world and Pashtu language has a rich history and culture spanning over thousands of years.

He strongly criticized the incumbent ANP-led government in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa for not passing a Regional Languages Authority Bill tabled in the provincial assembly for the last three years.

“The Bill was tabled with an aim to impart basic education to children in their respective mother languages across the province,” he said and expressed concern over delay in passing the bill.

He stressed the need for translating modern sciences and technical education in mother language and should be taught in regional language to compete with the Western world.

Sherpao also vowed to establish various academies across the province to preserve Pashtu language, besides folk artists in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa would be given due respect.

On this occasion, besides other participants party general secretary Jan Muhammad also spoken and highlighted the importance of mother language.
Pashto to be official language: Sikandar Sherpao | The Nation

its already an official language in Pushtoon majority areas where almost nobody speaks Urdu or any other language...

Hazara , Mansehra , Kohistan..these areas wont speak Pushto despite being part of KPK

It seems lot of you believe that being Pakistan means speaking Urdu and only Urdu, and no other language.

What is insurgenesis, biology?. :cheesy:

pakistanis speak all languages, except just urdu is a natonal language if we thought what you just mentioned then maybe 90% arnt pakistani, am i fool to believe this idiot?

who said we dont have multiculturalism?

but

we dont have 270 plus insurgensies

so according to you india's internal condition is worse than pak?? ? really mate. just think about it.

so according to you india's internal condition is worse than pak?? ? really mate. just think about it.

but what has this got to do with pakistan internal matter?? really mate. just think about it.

but what has this got to do with pakistan internal matter?? really mate. just think about it.

that sarcasm tells me that you accept the fact.

second it was you who mentioned our insurgencies.

that sarcasm tells me that you accept the fact.

second it was you who mentioned our insurgencies.

well the indian questioned in such a way i had to respond to it, but the point is, the situation in pak is not because of languages

Whats the harm in it. But it should come with Sindhi Balochi and Punjabi being made official languages too.
@darkinsky, @RazorMC, @xyxmt it's good to think with someone elses shoes for once. Try to do it just once. Urdu speaker families like mine sold Bengal due to this same attitude-I can produce news headlines from the time. Its just a language and when we talk of the primacy of urdu we talk of our families privileged position on top. I saw this and how we represented the status quo. You might hate me but I am not really just merging as a Pashtun despite being a migrant essentially. I am challenging deep-rooted traditions and attacking ancient beliefs. By merging I seek to open our eyes that it was always possible to merge, become Sindhis. This is our migrants failure not the Sindhis or others.

Also it isn't the pathans who can't think beyond ethnicity. Its all of us. Meri darkhast hai key tum log unki nazar sey masley ko dekho. Their languages are dying in favor of Urdu and according to reports. Only 61% people can write the word zuban in Pashto. We Pakistanis are like a flower. Each petal comprises the flower, not just one petal. Urdu+Pashto+Punjabi+Seraiki and more make up this flower. So please. Let the Pashtuns decide.

The Pashtun in me sees this as a welcome step... but I am a Pakistani first and being one means loving all cultures and languages. This should only happen if Sindhi, Balochi and Punjabi too become official. @Chak Bamu, @Armstrong @Pukhtoon, @Hyperion what do you guys think?

Last edited by a moderator:
Whats the harm in it. But it should come with Sindhi Balochi and Punjabi being made official languages too.
@darkinsky, @RazorMC, @xyxmt it's good to think with someone elses shoes for once. Try to do it just once. Urdu speaker families like mine sold Bengal due to this same attitude-I can produce news headlines from the time. Its just a language and when we talk of the primacy of urdu we talk of our families privileged position on top. I saw this and how we represented the status quo. You might hate me but I am not really just merging as a Pashtun despite being a migrant essentially. I am challenging deep-rooted traditions and attacking ancient beliefs. By merging I seek to open our eyes that it was always possible to merge, become Sindhis. This is our migrants failure not the Sindhis or others.

Also it isn't the pathans who can't think beyond ethnicity. Its all of us. Meri darkhast hai key tum log unki nazar sey masley ko dekho. Their languages are dying in favor of Urdu and according to reports. Only 61% people can write the word zuban in Pashto. We Pakistanis are like a flower. Each petal comprises the flower, not just one petal. Urdu+Pashto+Punjabi+Seraiki and more make up this flower. So please. Let the Pashtuns decide.

The Pashtun in me sees this as a welcome step... but I am a Pakistani first and being one means loving all cultures and languages. This should only happen if Sindhi, Balochi and Punjabi too become official. @Chak Bamu, @Armstrong @Pukhtoon, @Hyperion what do you guys think?

Once you know how many different Dialects are there of our local/regional languages..You will realize that any such effort to introduce regional languages as official language wont bring unity..
The founders of Paistan realized this and brought in a language which had a bit of every language and was convenient and easy for the people of Pakistan to adopt.
Trying to fix what is not broen is never a good approach...Urdu is doing fine as National language.
I dont mind keeping study ofregional language as an optional subject in Schools.But i am against making people adopt a certain Language because they live in a certain area or part of Pakistan.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom