What's new

PA's New Haider MBT is the T99A- Type 99 MBT

I see. If you want to build a list of tanks that have seen and have experienced combat then you should look at WWII tanks. Only few tanks have actually experienced a war. Some modern ones that have seen limited conflicts like the Russian T-XX tanks in the Afghani and Chechen war(which were essentialy Urban and Guerilla type conflicts) but the American Abrams no doubt tops the list while facing the Iraqi armed forces twice. And to some degree the Challenger aswell.

you know you have your own opinion and can make your own list :disagree:

really it doesn't matter what number they are , since it comes down to a lot of factors in war that determines the winner. a inferior tank can wreck a superior tank with superior tactics :wave:

T-72B3 is like a super T-72. It's deserves to be number 10 at least,

I know the T-72 get's a bad rap because how easy they blow their top, but those were crappy monkey models11 the T-72B is couple tiers betters and the T-72B3 has a modern fire control system and gunner sight etc

T-72B3 Main Battle Tank | Military-Today.com

The damn thing lacks a proper fire control system and has inadequate armour. And yes I am talking about your super t-72 :)

The damn thing lacks a proper fire control system and has inadequate armour. And yes I am talking about your super t-72 :)

the tank has new fire control system and new ballistic computer. Gunner uses new Sosna-U sight with thermal imager. This sight has day/night and all weather combat capability. The T-72B3 has a hunter-killer capability even though it lacks commander's panoramic sight. Vehicle commander can select a target and lay the gun and let the gunner complete all the aiming and firing process. During that time commander looks for the next target. The tank is also fitted with new digital radio system.

and for inadequate armor...that might be true for the T-72 "ural" T-72M, T-72M1.

11grh46.png

but the T-72B with Kontakt 5 is extremely more protected than than it's early predecessors.

wk9ktfA.jpg

Best tank for counter insurgency in FATA region. PLA Light tank 105mm

the tank has new fire control system and new ballistic computer. Gunner uses new Sosna-U sight with thermal imager. This sight has day/night and all weather combat capability. The T-72B3 has a hunter-killer capability even though it lacks commander's panoramic sight. Vehicle commander can select a target and lay the gun and let the gunner complete all the aiming and firing process. During that time commander looks for the next target. The tank is also fitted with new digital radio system.

and for inadequate armor...that might be true for the T-72 "ural" T-72M, T-72M1.

11grh46.png

but the T-72B with Kontakt 5 is extremely more protected than than it's early predecessors.

it has new optics, new weather and other sensors and a ballistic computer but not an integrated fire control system. And Kontakt 5 is obsolete against modern shells such as DM-53, M829A2/3 etc. More on B3 later. And wikipedia is not the best source out there.

trust me ;)

1.T-14 Armata
2. K2 Black Panther
3. Type 10
4. Type 99A2
5 Merkava 4m Windbreaker
6. Leopard 2 A7+
7. M1A2 Abrams sepV3
8. Leclrec
9. T-90AM
10. T-84 Oplot-M

That's one of the dumbest rankings i ever saw.

Leopard at 6th ? And the 2A7 variant,LOL

Turkish Altay MBT is based off the Leapord, maybe we could go for that.

But the question is whether turkey is willing to give u Altay MBT with ToT?
and how can we arrange the funding for the project?

Last edited:
Turkish Altay MBT is based off the Leapord, maybe we could go for that.
do not buy that rubbish,we can give you all the tech you can build a type 99A2 you want,the turkish tank is useless,they can not even build a air defence system lime HQ-9.their tech sucks.we can give you the full technologise to build the tank,just like the jf-17.pakistan is the few country that can build a fighter in dis world,we can help you to become the country to build a 3rd generation tank too!

do not buy that rubbish,we can give you all the tech you can build a type 99A2 you want,the turkish tank is useless,they can not even build a air defence system lime HQ-9.their tech sucks.we can give you the full technologise to build the tank,just like the jf-17.pakistan is the few country that can build a fighter in dis world,we can help you to become the country to build a 3rd generation tank too!

I thank you for your such great feelings towards Pakistan but you are totally misinformed regarding Turkish capabilities. They do lack in some areas but also excel in some areas too.

Otokar, Aselsan, Roketsan and Turkish Aerospace Industries, Inc. can't be underestimated.

So any updates...

Well, the VT-4/T-99A/MBT-3000 possible PA's new Haider Next Generation MBT Project for local makeup design, went through extensive trails in 2015. There were certain shortcoming which was found and NORINCO agreed to address them.

The issues are:

Install a much bigger engine radiator. Either the 1,300 HP engine needs an electrical cooling system or the 1,500 HP needs a bigger radiator.

In place of the Chinese 2-Gen thermal imaging Pakistan wants to install French Thales 3-G as well as look into Ukrainian tech.

Also Pakistan wants to heavily customise the T-99 into its Haider MBT similar to Al Khalid MBT project.

Pakistan was very happy with the new 125mm digital stabilized gun turret. It fires GL-5 gun laser projectiles at a range of 3 miles. The turret mounts electrically remote 12.5 mm gun is very effective against helicopters and low flying aircraft and UAV.

On the other hand, Ukraine is promoting its OPLOT tank along with an upgrade of existing T-84UD.

Pakistan Al_Haider Tank Project is well on its way.

Well, the VT-4/T-99A/MBT-3000 possible PA's new Haider Next Generation MBT Project for local makeup design, went through extensive trails in 2015. There were certain shortcoming which was found and NORINCO agreed to address them.

The issues are:

Install a much bigger engine radiator. Either the 1,300 HP engine needs an electrical cooling system or the 1,500 HP needs a bigger radiator.

In place of the Chinese 2-Gen thermal imaging Pakistan wants to install French Thales 3-G as well as look into Ukrainian tech.

Also Pakistan wants to heavily customise the T-99 into its Haider MBT similar to Al Khalid MBT project.

Pakistan was very happy with the new 125mm digital stabilized gun turret. It fires GL-5 gun laser projectiles at a range of 3 miles. The turret mounts electrically remote 12.5 mm gun is very effective against helicopters and low flying aircraft and UAV.

On the other hand, Ukraine is promoting its OPLOT tank along with an upgrade of existing T-84UD.

Pakistan Al_Haider Tank Project is well on its way.
We have also started to hear about Pakistan's interest in Altay do you have any news on that ? And so what you are saying is Oplot M is still in the game ?

We have also started to hear about Pakistan's interest in Altay do you have any news on that ? And so what you are saying is Oplot M is still in the game ?

I think after T99A/VT-4/MBT-3000 changes, Pakistan will do a re-trial again this year or early next year 2017. PA is looking as a base modular design for its Next Generation Haider MBT programme.

Oplot-M if complete ToT and and issues resolved is still very much in the game, I think Ukraine after re-evaluation will send it again for PA to trail again.

I donot have any news on Altay.

I think after T99A/VT-4/MBT-3000 changes, Pakistan will do a re-trial again this year or early next year 2017. PA is looking as a base modular design for its Next Generation Haider MBT programme.

Oplot-M if complete ToT and and issues resolved is still very much in the game, I think Ukraine after re-evaluation will send it again for PA to trail again.

I donot have any news on Altay.
Mr MBT-3000 is not T-99 A2 why are you mixing two totally different Tanks.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom