What's new

PA's New Haider MBT is the T99A- Type 99 MBT

Any new updates?

I thought the Oplot M failed the trails...? So why are people still talking about it?
Because OPLOT M engine had issues other than that its a great Tank and now Ukraine has resolved the engine issue so we may test them again

LMAO
With all do respect!
This is your first post in this thread and you just came out "butt hurt" and you call your self Prof......
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Pakistan is a peace loving country , but we have threats from our great neighbor who also want to become super power , lol If we got what I am talking about we will break the JAW of Cold Or Hot Start ,,,,,,,,,,,LMAO

But for now or today India clearly have the edge on Pakistan , The Number edge will always remain there but if we have some tech and diversity with decent numbers , we can do wonders ..........

Thank you !
He is professional tag holder and more knowledgeable than you, be respectful to edler members.

LMAO
With all do respect!
This is your first post in this thread and you just came out "butt hurt" and you call your self Prof......
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Pakistan is a peace loving country , but we have threats from our great neighbor who also want to become super power , lol If we got what I am talking about we will break the JAW of Cold Or Hot Start ,,,,,,,,,,,LMAO

But for now or today India clearly have the edge on Pakistan , The Number edge will always remain there but if we have some tech and diversity with decent numbers , we can do wonders ..........

Thank you !

And here I was thinking I was being funny. Oh well. I had to hit the Pakistani equivalent of a bhakt. Just my luck. Some days it's not worth getting out of bed.

I AM
I also even said with all respect , I do respect soldiers ours or enemy , I did not challenge his knowledge lol I know he have more experience and knowledge , I was just answering to that one post " which don't show professionalism" atleast to me.
Thank you.
But dear brother your choice of words not appropriate for showing your concern.

I AM
I also even said with all respect , I do respect soldiers ours or enemy , I did not challenge his knowledge lol I know he have more experience and knowledge , I was just answering to that one post " which don't show professionalism" atleast to me.
Thank you.

<sigh!>

I wasn't trying to 'show' professionalism, not that I know how to show it, other than 'being' it.

I was trying to be funny.

Not my day. Definitely.

<sigh!>

I wasn't trying to 'show' professionalism, not that I know how to show it, other than 'being' it.

I was trying to be funny.

Not my day. Definitely.
Leave It Sir don't take it seriously
Abhi Bachey hien husn ki pehchaan nahien hai.

Any new updates?

I thought the Oplot M failed the trails...? So why are people still talking about it?
Who told you it failed. I was first one to disclose it's trials being conducted in Pakistan. That war horse was perfect for 2 weeks straights. Except in the end there was the engine issue. It was flown back later and Allah willing it will return next year for another round of trials.

Excellent idea. I hope people at the helm of affairs are thinking on these lines as well. A local production setup with ToT engine will go a long way in developing our armored corps . The effects of any such deal go beyond Haider or AK-II MBT.

We may start working on something along the lines of "Universal Combat Platform". A same/similar basic platform for MBT, APCs, IFV (that we are in dire need of), Engineering and recovery vehicle. It will give an excellent base to build on (and we have quite a few sub systems that we are already good with and are producing already) and take our army to the next level to face the challenges of coming DECADES! The PLUS point is, unlike the wishes of heavier frigates, nuclear subs or bigger JF17s, this is all achievable and is within our budget as well as within our technological limits. We are already producing all the systems separately, with a engine in place, we just need to put the right things together. It will be more about administration/management then about money unlike the other mentioned wishes.

I seriously wish they men who matter are thinking on these lines as this surely will be a great achievement and go a long way in paving way to the future.
Yep. Moreover, we can scale a tank engine for at least 2-3 decades (especially if we keep improving it).

Yep. Moreover, we can scale a tank engine for at least 2-3 decades (especially if we keep improving it).
True,
Lets see what happens here.
But to be very honest, keeping in view some of our previous decisions in such situation, i actually am not that optimistic. However the fact remains that any such deal will address our armored forces needs for DECADES to come and not just years.

Additionally, even if we could afford it, would Germany sell it to Pakistan?
They may have sir but it do not meet our needs. It weighs upwards of 65 tons, would have failed miserably on number of front for PA.
We have good experience in tank manufacturing and i still feel that customization will be the BEST way forward for us. Rather then buying anyone type we must try to look to select one basic machine and put in different subsystems to suite our needs. Also i do not think that any of the tanks that competed in the initial trails were "GREAT" options (MBT 3000/VT4, Oplot-M are the best we can get. Non of them are something that can compete on the top for next couple of decades)
Type 99 A can be termed as best and will still require MAJOR tweaks to meet our needs. So the best thing here would be a more aggressive approach and engaging two three sources in the future MBT project. JUST AS AN EXAMPLE, go for T99 A as main tank, engage Ukraine for engine (just like old days) Use different sources for sensors and sights (IF required), same for active protection system. This way we will get exactly what we want, this seems to be the only way!

Because OPLOT M engine had issues other than that its a great Tank and now Ukraine has resolved the engine issue so we may test them again
It is based on T84 that is in return based on T80, a 1970 design. It is a GOOD tank at best, not great by any means. The main thing that is actually great in there is its engine (after the Ukrainians address the issues we faced) as it is one of the strongest engine in tank world giving among the best power to weight ratio. I hope we can somehow get our hands on this engine, even if it means buying a few tanks to make the deal lucrative. However this need to be kept as separate as the Al-Khalid project was kept from T80UD deal. Get that engine and use it in the Haider Tank project (or whatever one want to call it)

True,
Lets see what happens here.
But to be very honest, keeping in view some of our previous decisions in such situation, i actually am not that optimistic. However the fact remains that any such deal will address our armored forces needs for DECADES to come and not just years.

They may have sir but it do not meet our needs. It weighs upwards of 65 tons, would have failed miserably on number of front for PA.
We have good experience in tank manufacturing and i still feel that customization will be the BEST way forward for us. Rather then buying anyone type we must try to look to select one basic machine and put in different subsystems to suite our needs. Also i do not think that any of the tanks that competed in the initial trails were "GREAT" options (MBT 3000/VT4, Oplot-M are the best we can get. Non of them are something that can compete on the top for next couple of decades)
Type 99 A can be termed as best and will still require MAJOR tweaks to meet our needs. So the best thing here would be a more aggressive approach and engaging two three sources in the future MBT project. JUST AS AN EXAMPLE, go for T99 A as main tank, engage Ukraine for engine (just like old days) Use different sources for sensors and sights (IF required), same for active protection system. This way we will get exactly what we want, this seems to be the only way!

It is based on T84 that is in return based on T80, a 1970 design. It is a GOOD tank at best, not great by any means. The main thing that is actually great in there is its engine (after the Ukrainians address the issues we faced) as it is one of the strongest engine in tank world giving among the best power to weight ratio. I hope we can somehow get our hands on this engine, even if it means buying a few tanks to make the deal lucrative. However this need to be kept as separate as the Al-Khalid project was kept from T80UD deal. Get that engine and use it in the Haider Tank project (or whatever one want to call it)
OPLOT M is really great Tank one of the best in the world. And we go for it we can also get engine technology with TOT. Specially after Turkey Ukraine have gotten really close it would benefit us. I can see lot of weapons and transport Air Craft coming to us from Ukraine.

Who told you it failed. I was first one to disclose it's trials being conducted in Pakistan. That war horse was perfect for 2 weeks straights. Except in the end there was the engine issue. It was flown back later and Allah willing it will return next year for another round of trials.
If it passes test and if engine issue is resolved not only we should buy OPLOT M with TOT but also establish engine production plant in Pakistan.

OPLOT M is really great Tank one of the best in the world. And we go for it we can also get engine technology with TOT. Specially after Turkey Ukraine have gotten really close it would benefit us. I can see lot of weapons and transport Air Craft coming to us from Ukraine.
Apart from the engine, can you please point us to the sub systems that you think make this tank GREAT in comparison to the other tanks involved in the trails or even others? Like what advantage do you think it have over VT4 or Type 99A

Apart from the engine, can you please point us to the sub systems that you think make this tank GREAT in comparison to the other tanks involved in the trails or even others? Like what advantage do you think it have over VT4 or Type 99A
Honestly I'd try taking the 1500hp Ukrainian 6TD-3, putting into the VT-4, then incorporating some Altay elements (e.g. armour technology, active protection, etc) to the VT-4. We'd have something similar to the K2 Black Panther.

Back
Top Bottom