What's new

Partition was a mistake

Are you offended if Indians say "Partition was a mistake"?

• I feel offended

Votes: 25 56.8%
  • Do not care

Votes: 15 34.1%
  • Agree

Votes: 4 9.1%

• Total voters
those who discriminate against Muslims or against Hindus for following their beliefs, are both not following their beliefs...

Exactly my point this is wrong but it is allowed to happen. Pakistan was created as a Muslim state but the Quaid-I-Azam said minorities would be given equal status. India was created as a secular state and right were gauranteed to all. Has that happened in either country the answer is no and why. The answer is a few individuals use religion as an excuse to do what they want. But we must admit the problem and find its root cause and destroy it.

As Quaid himself said;

"If we want to make this great State of Pakistan happy and prosperous we should wholly and solely concentrate on the well-being of the people, and especially of the masses and the poor... you are free- you are free to go to your temples mosques or any other place of worship in this state of Pakistan."

"No nation can rise to the height of glory unless your women are side by side with you."

"That freedom can never be attained by a nation without suffering and sacrifice has been amply borne out by the recent tragic happenings in this subcontinent."

"We should have a State in which we could live and breathe as free men and which we could develop according to our own lights and culture and where principles of Islamic social justice could find free play."

These quotes have hidden answers in them.

Exactly my point this is wrong but it is allowed to happen. Pakistan was created as a Muslim state but the Quaid-I-Azam said minorities would be given equal status. India was created as a secular state and right were gauranteed to all. Has that happened in either country the answer is no and why. The answer is a few individuals use religion as an excuse to do what they want. But we must admit the problem and find its root cause and destroy it.

See whether Indians are non-racist/discriminatory or not is not the point..
The point is that there are equal rights for all, there are courts to uphold these rights..

Indian constitution, courts do not discriminate which is the ultimate requirement.. Pakistani constitution does discriminate from what I understand...

If Pakistanis do not discriminate well done.. but the courts and constitution do...
If Indians discriminate then (ideally) they are punished...

India was not technically created.. Pakistan was created/born of a vision...

India has always been a country with myriad religions, cultures etc. and held together by a belief in common ideals...

It was quite evident even before partition that India would be a secular democracy... but in Pakistan's case there was always discrepancy.

I am not saying all Indian Govt servants, politicians, citizens etc. are angels but the Constitution of India provides equally for all and the Indian courts are by and large very fair and equal and combined with the impartial Indian media.. made sure that (unlike most commonwealth nations under British rule) India is hailed as a free & fair democracy..

If politicians ask for votes on the basis of religion and caste, I think it is against the law but there are loopholes which are exploitable... ultimately we deserve the politicians we have... and also the right to kick them out..

Finally I would like to reiterate India being a free and fair country with equal rights for all allows minorities to raise their voice when they are discriminated against and also guarantees equality.. which is all that is required..
Further I have never come across any text from Hindu religion suggesting that Muslims should be discriminated against, nor it has been the Indian culture.. Having said all this certain incidents do occur and there are courts to take care of them and if Earthly justice is not enough when must have faith in the heavenly justice!!!

Jai Hind

As Quaid himself said;

"If we want to make this great State of Pakistan happy and prosperous we should wholly and solely concentrate on the well-being of the people, and especially of the masses and the poor... you are free- you are free to go to your temples mosques or any other place of worship in this state of Pakistan."

"No nation can rise to the height of glory unless your women are side by side with you."

"That freedom can never be attained by a nation without suffering and sacrifice has been amply borne out by the recent tragic happenings in this subcontinent."

"We should have a State in which we could live and breathe as free men and which we could develop according to our own lights and culture and where principles of Islamic social justice could find free play."

These quotes have hidden answers in them.

Jinnah's quotes before Independence also have a lot of unanswered questions.. but sadly today's Pakistani constitution is not ideally Jinnah's constitution for Pakistan.. and the will of Pakistan is greater than will of Jinnah!!!

The point is that there are equal rights for all, there are courts to uphold these rights..

Indian constitution, courts do not discriminate which is the ultimate requirement.. Pakistani constitution does discriminate from what I understand...

If Pakistanis do not discriminate well done.. but the courts and constitution do...
If Indians discriminate then (ideally) they are punished...

Tell that to the following people:

The Kashmiris

To the Gujratis where a sitting governor massacred thousands without being questioned by your justice for all constitution

The christians of several areas of India when they were killed during their festivities

The Sikhs

The people divided by casts and class.

I could go on and on...

You would be amazed with what they might say about your constitution.

Tell that to the following people:

The Kashmiris

Jihadis are killing anti-Pak and secular Kashmiris..
Indian Army in Kashmir is killing Jihadis (and their supporters??)

To the Gujratis where a sitting governor massacred thousands without being questioned by your justice for all constitution

Governor is a leader in name, it is the CM who calls the shots.. and Narendar Modi being from a dalit background I doubt if he is anti-Muslim... but the cases are still pending.. some 700Muslims were killed and some 300Hindus..

The christians of several areas of India when they were killed during their festivities

I am surprised their aren't more attacks against Christians.. their conversion tactics call for such action .. and the govt is too too lazy...
though Dara Singh I believe was jailed...

The Sikhs

what about the Brave sikhs? the backbone of Indian Army?

The people divided by casts and class.

which people?? It is today preferable in India to be a SC/ST/OBC/Minority more than half the seats in govt, education are being reserved for them and now their aim is to get reservation in pvt sector..
If this was any other country civil war would've been in full swing...

I could go on and on...
You would be amazed with what they might say about your constitution.

I bet they have nice words to say about suicide bombings perhaps...

Cynicism is full of naive disappointments.

Finally, theres no point in banging my head on the wall.

People unwilling to accept facts of life are bound to be confused.

When confronted with solid facts they tend to act defensive.

Isnt that true Malang?

People unwilling to accept facts of life are bound to be confused.

of course a foreigner will Know more facts about the country than the resident.... esp if the foreigner happens to be a sworn enemy...

When confronted with solid facts they tend to act defensive.
Isnt that true Malang?

Refuting dubious claims is defensive? maybe...
I don't care what happens in Pakistan till doesn't affect India adversely... you may love or butcher your fellow citizens on the basis of religious belief... how does matter to me? and vice versa..

Partition was one of the best things which happened. It was sad that million Muslims gave their lives for freedom but we had to pay the price for freedom.

Pakistan is a blessing of Allah!

Pakistan Zindabad!:pakistan:

Your understanding is incorrect. Indian courts DO discriminate according to religion. Example, a man may divorce his wife with 3 words in India if he is Muslim, but not if he is Hindu, a man hogs all the property money if he is Hindu, but not if he is Muslim. It's exceptionally discriminatory.

From Pakistan's constitution, all citizens of Pakistan have the same rights, one law, one constitution.

Protection of minorities.
The State shall safeguard the legitimate rights and interests of minorities, including their due representation in the Federal and Provincial services.

[Chapter 2: Principles of Policy] of [Part II: Fundamental Rights and Principles of Policy]

There's also no such thing as Partition, since the Indus Valley was never part of India to with the exception of the last couple of centuries. Independence perhaps. But Independence was a good thing for Pakistanis.

I will not comment on your discussion with other members in this thread, but your democratic India would never tolerate someone posting "Pakistan Zindabad" on any Indian defence forum. Just thought I'd remind you of the fair mindedness of the staff of this website ;) :enjoy:

Back
Top Bottom