What's new

Partition was a mistake

Are you offended if Indians say "Partition was a mistake"?

• I feel offended

Votes: 25 56.8%
  • Do not care

Votes: 15 34.1%
  • Agree

Votes: 4 9.1%

• Total voters

AgNoStiC MuSliM

ADVISORS
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
I had an interesting discussion about running across Indians abroad who say stuff like "partition should never have happened, Jinnah was wrong, Jinnah made a mistake" etc.

I personally get a little offended when I hear such comments, but I was wondering if I'm just too touchy.

So my question for you guys is whether you

1. Feel offended when such comments are made by Indians

2. Don't care

3. Agree with the comments

Please vote in the poll above and feel free to offer comments.

Needless to say, I'm looking for Pakistani input - and the mods know who is voting :devil: :P

Of course your voting preferences will be hidden from other users, and remain so.

If you have suggestions about improving the poll, poll question, poll choices - feel free to mention them, and they will be incorporated if possible.

India is a Democratic country with free speech do not believe in them the leaders can do anything to garner votes.
In my opinion it is no sense in having the Poll no one from Pakistan and most of Indian knows history and does not want to go back.

When someone says the partition was a mistake thats like a slap to my face. We gave too many sacrifices to create Pakistan, and believe me if we have to give more sacrifices for Pakistan we wont back down. Those who say Partiton was a mistake need to pick up a history book and read what Muslims have gone through in India for the past 60 years.

Those who say Partiton was a mistake need to pick up a history book and read what Muslims have gone through in India for the past 60 years.

Muslims in India are far better of than what is portrayed in Pakistan I invite you to visit India and see for yourself. They are doing good business. They have huge economic power. Only thing they lack is good political leadership as they always fight among themselves.

Do not feel offended if I say they do not see any noticeable gains by Pakistanis in 60 years which would develop affinity for them.

I agree with you one does get irritated if someone says Partition was a mistake but they should be ignored.

Muslims in India are far better of than what is portrayed in Pakistan I invite you to visit India and see for yourself. They are doing good business. They have huge economic power. Only thing they lack is good political leadership as they always fight among themselves.
Do not feel offended if I say they do not see any noticeable gains by Pakistanis in 60 years which would develop affinity for them.
I agree with you one does get irritated if someone says Partition was a mistake but they should be ignored.

As far as how India is protrayed in Pakistan, you are 100% right that we do have a bias, likewise in India the bias is against Pakistan. But as far as my personal opinion is concerned, I have lived in the U.S. all my life, so I just my theories based on what I hear. Now the media is in my opinion a very bad outlet o get information.
As far as comming to India is concerned, I will hopefully visit India one day and see for myself because I have very deep links in India. When my grandparents migrated to Pakistan in 1950 they left many things behind in India. My grandfather was a beuracrat who worked for the Hyderabad Nazim and when India took it over he left with his family. Some of his family members stayed back.
Now this is my little background which I dont want to get into, but from what I here from muslims who are of Indian origin they say they wish they could of went to Pakistan during the Partition. Now it might be their opinion, but them again I haven't seen it for myself so I must rely on the opinions of others.

Those who say Partiton was a mistake need to pick up a history book and read what Muslims have gone through in India for the past 60 years.

Could you point to me which History Books are those??
Amazon.com links would be preferred!!

Could you point to me which History Books are those??
Amazon.com links would be preferred!!

A figure of speech, because if I had too it might take me a long time.
What needs to happen is India and Indian society in general needs to admit that they have neglected and even at times been discriminatory towards Muslims and then find a way to correct it.

As far as how India is protrayed in Pakistan, you are 100% right that we do have a bias, likewise in India the bias is against Pakistan.

Mujahideen in India there are too many biases... and Pakistan figures way down. if Pakistan was so actively in the news I personally feel the Indian Army wouldn't be down in the dumps...
If such was the case then Pak movies, singers, actors, cricketers, products, designers etc. would not have been welcomed..

As far as comming to India is concerned, I will hopefully visit India one day and see for myself because I have very deep links in India. When my grandparents migrated to Pakistan in 1950 they left many things behind in India. My grandfather was a beuracrat who worked for the Hyderabad Nazim and when India took it over he left with his family. Some of his family members stayed back.
Now this is my little background which I dont want to get into, but from what I here from muslims who are of Indian origin they say they wish they could of went to Pakistan during the Partition. Now it might be their opinion, but them again I haven't seen it for myself so I must rely on the opinions of others.

The grass is always greener on the other side.. incidentally a Muslim of Hyderabad was the richest man of India for many years!!

A figure of speech, because if I had too it might take me a long time.
feel free to PM!!! I was reading white mughals!!!

What needs to happen is India and Indian society in general needs to admit that they have neglected and even at times been discriminatory towards Muslims and then find a way to correct it.

Why should someone admit to a wrong that they didn't?
India has been home to different religions like Judaism, Christanity, Bahaism, Buddhism, Jainism, Sikhism, Zoroastrianim besides Islam all antithetical to Hinduism.. Indian culture is not of persecution.. else so many religions wouldn't have survived much less prosper..
What happens in India is of no business of Pakistan or Pakistanis unless it threatens the national security of Pakistan and vice versa.. I have never seen or heard of rallies in India for support of Hindus or Sikhs in Pakistan..

Mujahideen in India there are too many biases... and Pakistan figures way down. if Pakistan was so actively in the news I personally feel the Indian Army wouldn't be down in the dumps...
If such was the case then Pak movies, singers, actors, cricketers, products, designers etc. would not have been welcomed..
The grass is always greener on the other side.. incidentally a Muslim of Hyderabad was the richest man of India for many years!!

These are just small things, welcomming a special person or a couple of rich people. Welcoming guests is a different thing. And believe me I am very greatful and feel really happy how Pakistanis are recieved in India and vice verse. What I am talking about is the common man. Lets be realistic here both countries have some sort of problem. In India their is a religious divide and in Pakistan we have an ethnicity problem. And besides their are many other types of divides as well but what needs to be done is we must admit where we are wrong and try to correct it, because sooner or later it will come back to haunt us.

It was a blessing!! and to suggest otherwise is an insult!!!

What happens in India is of no business of Pakistan or Pakistanis unless it threatens the national security of Pakistan and vice versa.. I have never seen or heard of rallies in India for support of Hindus or Sikhs in Pakistan..

You are no doubt right. It is none of my business, indeed this is an internal matter of India and I respect that. But you see I was just giving examples to support the Partition. Likewise you are giving examples of why India should of stayed united.

It was a blessing!! and to suggest otherwise is an insult!!!

Indeed it was. You and I say this but their are people who beg to differ. It is them we must convince, that we were right to have demanded the Partition.

You are no doubt right. It is none of my business, indeed this is an internal matter of India and I respect that. But you see I was just giving examples to support the Partition. Likewise you are giving examples of why India should of stayed united.

Partition I believe is to a great extent responsible for increased cases of discrimination b/w non Muslims and Muslims in India...

Let me give you an example.. you are talking of discrimination, if suppose I ask a Muslim Indian that there is a person who is from USA who claims he has family in Hyderabad and his family says they are discriminated by Hindus and what have been better off in Pakistan... so do you support them moving to Pakistan or are you discriminated? this would in my eyes tantamount to questioning his support for his motherland!! and whatever his answer is.. this is also a form of discrimination which you are encouraging.. why should an Indian muslim justify his love for his motherland?

If an Islamic state is supposed to guarantee equal rights to all then as per Asoka's stupa almost a millenia before the prophet said this..

""All religions should reside everywhere, for all of them desire self-control and purity of heart.""
""Contact (between religions) is good. One should listen to and respect the doctrines professed by others. Beloved-of-the-Gods, King Piyadasi, desires that all should be well-learned in the good doctrines of other religions.""

those who discriminate against Muslims or against Hindus for following their beliefs, are both not following their beliefs...

Back
Top Bottom