What's new

Partition of India: Origin of Hatred

Indian Constitution. Article 25 , The word Sikh in explanation II, of sub-clause (b) of Clause 2 of Article 25 of Constitution of India. Legally assimilates Sikhism into Hinduism. On the basis of above mentioned explanation II, Supreme Court of India has given judgment that Sikhs are part of wider Hindu Community. Thus Indian Constitution treats Sikhism as a sect of Hinduism and not an independent religion.

Now all that tells me is that Sikh is a Hindu, even though a Sikh might not agree that he is a Hindu, but officially he is.

Not only Sikhs, but Jains, Buddhists, Brahmos and similar others have been absorbed into the Hindu identity in the Constitution of India. Only Muslims, Christians, Jews and Parsees have been left behind with their own identity.

Indian Constitution. Article 25 , The word Sikh in explanation II, of sub-clause (b) of Clause 2 of Article 25 of Constitution of India. Legally assimilates Sikhism into Hinduism. On the basis of above mentioned explanation II, Supreme Court of India has given judgment that Sikhs are part of wider Hindu Community. Thus Indian Constitution treats Sikhism as a sect of Hinduism and not an independent religion.

Now all that tells me is that Sikh is a Hindu, even though a Sikh might not agree that he is a Hindu, but officially he is.

Wow. Nice try bro. But you should have produced the entire article here.

Here -Article 25

Freedom of conscience and free profession, practice and propagation of religion -

(1) Subject to public order, morality and health and to the other provisions of this Part, all persons are equally entitled to freedom of conscience and the right freely to profess, practice and propagate religion.

(2) Nothing in this article shall affect the operation of any existing law or prevent the State from making any law -

(a) regulating or restricting any economic, political or other secular activity which may be associated with religious practice;

(b) providing for social welfare and reform or the throwing open of Hindu religious institutions of a public character to all classes and sections of Hindus.

Explanation I – The wearing and carrying of kirpans shall be deemed to be included in the profession of the Sikh religion.

Explanation II – In sub-Clause (b) of clause (2), the reference to Hindus shall be construed as including a reference to persons professing the Sikh, Jains or Buddhist religion, and the reference to Hindu religious institutions shall be construed accordingly. (emphasis added)

-----------------------------------

This is the entire Article 25 . If Sikhism wasn't a separate religion Explanation I and II would never have been added.Carefully read the language of Explanation II. Sikhism has clearly been referred to as a separate religion.

It has only been said that the term hindu as used in clause 2(b) will be interpreted as including Sikhism , Buddhism and Jainism only for the purpose of interpretation of this Article and the rights that arise from it.

You need to read the law and understand it before you go around posting random stuff in the open like this.

Not only Sikhs, but Jains, Buddhists, Brahmos and similar others have been absorbed into the Hindu identity in the Constitution of India. Only Muslims, Christians, Jews and Parsees have been left behind with their own identity.

Muslims, Christians & Jews are understandable because these are Abrahmic religions but why Parsees are excluded?

Yeah - I can't meet more than couple of Sikhs but you know all of them personally and what stupid example you are giving? I am talking about Sikh feels offended when their religion is clubbed with Hinduism and you are talking about Sikh director will not shoot film in Pakistan?

That example was related to Sikhs and India. Regarding your debate on Hindus call Sikhism as Hinduism is a completely inappropriate statement which doesn't even have the weight for a debate. It's as much bogus as a debate with subject not the earth but the Sun and the other Planets go round the Earth.
Anyways I will refrain further in commenting on this distorted religious topic which I don't think have the credibility to be debated. Every religion have their own identity and I Hope U Understand That.

Once we form a Hindu nationalist government under Modi a few months later We will absorb all of Them you mentioned and make Indian population 100% pure Hindus and won't further allow pollution of bharat due to all these foreign idealogies

Yeah sure....your excuses fall flat. I didn;t blame outsiders for the formation of the caste system. Clearly, you have reading comprehension issues. Calling you a Hindu is not an insult, it's a compliment and only to awaken you to your true cultural roots.

Okay dalit carry on then. ;) Lol I know my cultural roots thank you very much. :wave:

Muslims, Christians & Jews are understandable because these are Abrahmic religions but why Parsees are excluded?

actually the word Hindu I has been referred historically to residents of India(subcontinent) irrespective of their religion, Ethnicity etc Calling only our religion as Hindu religion is wrong the proper term will be sanatan dharma and thus Hindu religion basically means religion which were born in India(subcontinent)

I know I haven't phrased my post perfectly but hope you understand what I am trying to say

Once we form a Hindu nationalist government under Modi a few months later We will absorb all of Them you mentioned and make Indian population 100% pure Hindus and won't further allow pollution of bharat due to all these foreign idealogies

When you do that Ahmad Shah Abdali will descend down the Hindukush.

That example was related to Sikhs and India. Regarding your debate on Hindus call Sikhism as Hinduism is a completely inappropriate statement which doesn't even have the weight for a debate. It's as much bogus as a debate with subject not the earth but the Sun and the other Planets go round the Earth.
Anyways I will refrain further in commenting on this distorted religious topic which I don't think have the credibility to be debated. Every religion have their own identity and I Hope U Understand That.

1. Statement was given by Sikh, I only endorsed it as per my experience with Sikhs
2. Yes - I understand and agree that every religion have it's own identity but read post 182 - your constitution first use word Hindu for them and in explanation it says that Hindu means Sikhs, Jains, Budhists and Hindus?

When you do that Ahmad Shah Abdali will descend down the Hindukush.

That's what we are waiting for we are much more powerful now than we are in the last millenium we will eliminate all those lashkars we have already gotten lot of practice in Kashmir and rename the region as muslimKush after than we will declare the ultimate war on ummah and macca and Madina will be blown up into ashes by our Nukes
Har Har Mahadev!!! Modibhai ki Jai!!!

That's what we are waiting for we are much more powerful now than we are in the last millenium we will eliminate all those lashkars we have already gotten lot of practice in Kashmir and rename the region as muslimKush after than we will declare the ultimate war on ummah and macca and Madina will be blown up into ashes by our Nukes
Har Har Mahadev!!!

Do you really have nukes that work? I really doubt it; you can't even manufacture a decent rifle. And your delivery systems have a habit falling back on the firing base.

1. Statement was given by Sikh, I only endorsed it as per my experience with Sikhs
2. Yes - I understand and agree that every religion have it's own identity but read post 182 - your constitution first use word Hindu for them and in explanation it says that Hindu means Sikhs, Jains, Budhists and Hindus?

Care to read the post 182 thoroughly. It's explained quite well. Don't think have to explain that again.

Hindu is not a religion ,its just a pan identity .

actually the word Hindu I has been referred historically to residents of India(subcontinent) irrespective of their religion, Ethnicity etc Calling only our religion as Hindu religion is wrong the proper term will be sanatan dharma and thus Hindu religion basically means religion which were born in India(subcontinent)

I know I haven't phrased my post perfectly but hope you understand what I am trying to say

In that case your constitution is poorly written because if you translate word Hindu for people who are historically residents of subcontinent than majority of Muslims & Christians also fit in this category, if you exclude them because they change there religion than sikhs also should be excluded as they changed their religion in 15th century. If the word refers to religions of Indian origin than it shouldn't be "Hindu" because it's equal to clubbing Sikhism, Buddhism and Jainism with Hinduism and showing them as branching of one religion .

Read Jaswant Singh's "Jinnah".

I read lots of book.

Pakistan was created on two nation theory and anti-Hindu politics, why he wanted Hindu majority Junagarh and Hyderabadad which had no border with Pakistan.

Back
Top Bottom