What's new

Parting Shot : Defence Minister Says,' MoD only Ministry Which Was Above Politics, Leaving Behind Ar

Abingdonboy

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
Today was farewell tea of outgoing Defence Minister AK Antony, for which I was invited directly by the Minister (not by his spokesperson). Antony conceded Congress' defeat in the 2014 LS polls, said writing was on the wall, they knew they would lose.

Someone asked him about his best and worst moments, anything that he regretted, any unfinished task, he said he was largely satisfied.

Media farewell was his last job on his last day today, as meeting the media was the first thing he did on his first day, so as a gesture of completion of his tenure, he had to wind up, again with the media, today.

He said this was the only Ministry which was the least tensed, meaning everything was cordial, he had excellent relations with the armed forces, and the services among themselves, under him. He also said he kept MoD above politics, there was no politics , only in this Ministry, gave the example of how army did rescue and relief during disasters, without asking victims their religion (eg Assam).

'Armed forces are in superb condition, they are at their best ever', said Antony.

He ducked political questions. He'll devote more time to his State of Kerala. Being a Rajya Sabha MP, he'll be in Parliament. Said Congress will be back with a bang. I said Sir, will the country see an Antony wave in 2019, he said nothing.

He didnt show any remorse over Naval Chief DK Joshi's resignation, when someone asked if he regretted.

Chindits: Parting Shot : Defence Minister Says,' MoD only Ministry Which Was Above Politics, Leaving Behind Armed Forces In Best Ever Condition/Position'

Good riddance, his idea of "best condition" and mine differ greatly.

He also said he kept MoD above politics, there was no politics , only in this Ministry, gave the example of how army did rescue and relief during disasters, without asking victims their religion (eg Assam).
Pr!ck- why does this even need to be said? Is there any such precedent? No. A despicable politician through and through.

He had to blow his own trumpet, otherwise he wouldn't be a politician, would he?
Agreed. Politicians like him really are a breed apart. Seeing everything and anything as an opportunity for personal gain whether that be boosting their image or otherwise.

Actually there's truth in his words.
Please do tell.....

Please do tell.....
In my opinion, he did very well as Defense Minister.

MoD should have minimal involvement in politics. and usually that's case in South Asia. but that's going to change with the increase in defense budget and in defense projects.

In my opinion, he did very well as Defense Minister.

MoD should have minimal involvement in politics. and usually that's case in South Asia. but that's going to change with the increase in defense budget and in defense projects.

In India's history the military has ALWAYS been out of politics. This self-righteous politician doesn't need to point out the obvious. It would have been the same had he been Def Min or not.

As for doing very well as Def Min- by what measure? Despite having more money to hand he signed less deals thanks to his intent to keep his own image clean above all else. He stalled multiple defence procurements and has sat back and watched as critical defence programs have fallen behind schedule with deadly consequences- Mig-21s/ MMRCA, Kilos/Scorpene SSKs.

The ONLY positive I can attribute hime with is creating a defence procurement policy that pretty much inhibits graft taking place.

In India's history the military has ALWAYS been out of politics. This self-righteous politician doesn't need to point out the obvious. It would have been the same had he been Def Min or not.

As for doing very well as Def Min- by what measure? Despite having more money to hand he signed less deals thanks to his intent to keep his own image clean above all else. He stalled multiple defence procurements and has sat back and watched as critical defence programs have fallen behind schedule with deadly consequences- Mig-21s/ MMRCA, Kilos/Scorpene SSKs.

The ONLY positive I can attribute hime with is creating a defence procurement policy that pretty much inhibits graft taking place.
Do you have any Idea how much funds are left for R&D and procurement after paying a 3 million plus personnel ???

Edit: Evidently a lot !!!! :woot:

Last edited:
Today was farewell tea of outgoing Defence Minister AK Antony, for which I was invited directly by the Minister (not by his spokesperson). Antony conceded Congress' defeat in the 2014 LS polls, said writing was on the wall, they knew they would lose.

Someone asked him about his best and worst moments, anything that he regretted, any unfinished task, he said he was largely satisfied.

Media farewell was his last job on his last day today, as meeting the media was the first thing he did on his first day, so as a gesture of completion of his tenure, he had to wind up, again with the media, today.

He said this was the only Ministry which was the least tensed, meaning everything was cordial, he had excellent relations with the armed forces, and the services among themselves, under him. He also said he kept MoD above politics, there was no politics , only in this Ministry, gave the example of how army did rescue and relief during disasters, without asking victims their religion (eg Assam).

'Armed forces are in superb condition, they are at their best ever', said Antony.

He ducked political questions. He'll devote more time to his State of Kerala. Being a Rajya Sabha MP, he'll be in Parliament. Said Congress will be back with a bang. I said Sir, will the country see an Antony wave in 2019, he said nothing.

He didnt show any remorse over Naval Chief DK Joshi's resignation, when someone asked if he regretted.

Chindits: Parting Shot : Defence Minister Says,' MoD only Ministry Which Was Above Politics, Leaving Behind Armed Forces In Best Ever Condition/Position'

Pr!ck- why does this even need to be said? Is there any such precedent? No. A despicable politician through and through.
simple....dumb b!tch he is....
and armed forces in best condition as ever!!!!
such an a-hole...

This man inherited the armed forces in such a fine condition but he is leaving it in one of its worse periods in its entire history.and he has the audacity to call it a superb condition.
Shame on you Mr Antony for juggling with the safety of 1.25 billion people just so you could call it a corruption free department

Do you have any Idea how much funds are left for R&D and procurement after paying a 3 million plus personnel ???
sure...u dont any idea...
funds for procurement are set aside after the budget allocation!!!
ps: he is one of the honest indecisive under achieving dm ever!!

Just did the math.

it's actually a huge sum.

This man inherited the armed forces in such a fine condition but he is leaving it in one of its worse periods in its entire history.and he has the audacity to call it a superb condition.
Shame on you Mr Antony for juggling with the safety of 1.25 billion people just so you could call it a corruption free department

Ummm... Did he really?

Bunch of BS white lies.... who can forget how these losers got spooked by "sudden movement of agra based units" or scuffle with the then general..... were they cordial reactions too??? these incidents are just a tip of the iceberg.... looks like he had special mission when he became defense min and almost achieved that....

Pretty f-king clueless again ding dong. The bigger and more pressing issue is keeping politics out of defence, not the other way around. We are all here on this site observing what's being done without seeing the facts in front of him. Im sure he stalled procurements based on serious flaws in the process. Have you seen the arms looby and middlemen involved in Delhi? Do you realize how many ex military is involved? You are quick to assume its about keeping his image clean. How about its keeping the defence free of corruption. If you took a moment to think, you would realize ....corruption has marred our defence above anything else. MIg21 was an issue long before he came in.....same with the subs. MMRCA is an issue that he dealt with, but like I said we don't have all the facts.

Did you like Fernadez better? Because I pretty damn sure there is a lot of dirt on him also. My issue and concern with AK is that is a slave and a parrot to Sonai/Rahul...just like MMS. We are quick to blame AK but just like MMS, he had to answer to a higher authority. So if you truly want to place blame then place where it belongs on a family full of idiots. He toed the same line and never criticized when issues needed to be criticized. He is just like any other lame duck.

I cant stand the BJP, because they too have shown their incompetence int he past. I like what I believe Modi can do for India. But questions remain. We shall all see.

Ummm... Did he really?

Thank God you have the ability to see that BS post

I rahter see not make a decision than make one full of errors. We have all seen how long it took to make our T72s have night vision? 30 odd yrs!

Back
Top Bottom