What's new

Parrikar in Dhaka to boost defence ties

Status
Not open for further replies.
population 10x smaller, GDP 10x smaller and laughing about besting us? Inferiority complex much? Y

Learn some mathematics. It's 8 times smaller country with 10 times smaller GDP. And it was your compatriots who claimed superiority over India, it's industry & military. So it is necessary to put them in their proper places.

And comparing against Zambia really? 11 patents before 2002 vs 0 patents. Now in 2015, 11 patents still vs 10 patents. And really you're gonna bring in that as an argument?

At the end of the day, the number of USPTO patents filed by Zambia is greater than Bangladesh.

So tell me, why a country populated by more people than whole Europe combined only have 17 thousand patents?

17,000 is perfectly fine considering the large number of patents we have filed in the recent years. We filed over 3300 patents last year.

You guys are still dreaming of catching up with China, whereas China's dreaming big, big enough to surpass U.S. Clamouring about sending probe to moon when Europe and China and the rest of the world working their *** off trying to develop their had man capital first.

Don't you worry. We have enough funds & initiatives to work towards both the development of human resources and manned space program. You guys should rather try to improve your scientific output & beat Zambia in number of patents filed.

They are a small-minded people. That's what angry nationalism gets them.

Yep, really small minded when it comes to dealing with deluded Bangladeshis who think that they are some sort of technologically advanced nation.

True - because in that case the buyer wanted it as such (I believe that OPV was built for Kenya and the Kenyans had a Denmark design house design the OPV for them)..

If I'm right it is the reverse. The Kenyans approached JGH Marine & they in-turn contracted the construction to Western Marine. http://www.jghmarine.dk/Projects/Offshore-Patrol-Vessel-for-Kenya

Buyers can provide a design at will and our shipyards will build to their specs. There are plenty of marine design houses locally and they have been providing designs for building marine craft for ocean, riverine and coastal uses since the sixties. Most of them also test designs on actual wave rigs and use CAD packages and conduct finite element analysis for tweaking stresses on ship designs.

If I'm right you've posted those some of those designs in the made in Bangladesh thread-I remember the 180 TEU container vessel.

But I think the discussion here is about naval shipbuilding mostly. Bangladesh doesn't have a design bureau with the expertise of Indian DND. Also, India's private marine design houses (SEDS, Pipavav's internal design house) are involved in the design of the Indian Navy's 2300 tonne OPV/ Next Generation Missile Vessel (Corvette) programs. If I'm right, Bangladesh still depend upon Chinese designs & expertise in warship building.

People in India keep forgetting the size of our rivers, which are as formidable as the Amazon and its delta. I do not believe any river in India can compare. Marine craft are needed locally in Bangladesh in great quantity (hundreds every year)

I know about that & I fully understand the fact that your country is a water world- no offense meant here, my native region in Kerala is also a sort of water-world. ;)

and are built to high specs like DNV, Lloyds register or RINA (Italian standards) or without them if the owner requires. It's a question of cost. One cannot judge the maturity of an industry by the lowest common denominator...meaning the image of the low cost 1500 ton tanker that is your favorite...:-).
Bangladesh' industrial development is at par with its GDP I'd think.

I think we have discussed that already. I know about your tier 1 shipyards, but you'll have to admit that there are smaller shipyards in India too that cater to the same clientele as your Western Marine. Chowgule, Timblo are some names that come to my mind. So boasting about exporting 6000 DWT 'Emswave' is just pointless.

The point about the picture is that shipbuilding is Bangladesh's only major engineering industry, and even that isn't a star performer. So arguing that 'we don't need anything from y'all because we are making our own stuff' is just dishonest. Bangladesh is still long way away from manufacturing many of the defense equipment they need, naval ships included. Even the troop carriers are imported as of now.

That being said, however, we have to note that according to a report prepared under the Sagarmala Programme of the Ministry of Shipping, India as of 2016 accounts for only about 0.45 per cent of the global shipbuilding market.

Since you quoted Cochin Shipyard, an article noted that,
Given the size of Indian yards and their capability, one would have expected a bit better. One can chest-beat a lot about Indian shipbuilding, but when compared with China, Japan and Korea, where is India. Comparing with the likes of Bangladesh is shameful, really....

Fair enough, I've never claimed Indian shipyards to be world-beaters of any sort. There are several factors to blame for the underperformance of CSL like the general economic situation, the inefficiencies of being a PSU.

But CSL has somewhat reinvented itself with the Indigenous aircraft carrier project & will probably received the follow-on order for the aircraft carrier. They are also bidding for the LNG carrier & is presently building a new 300m X 65m dry dock for expanding capabilities.

The point here is that I don't claim Indian commercial shipbuilding industry to be ahead of Korea or China. You don't see Indians boasting to the Chinese that we have exported 30,000 DWT Bulk carrier to a Danish firm. These sort of things that happen only in this particular section where people have considered BN as a shipbuilder's navy after building a 600 tonne LPC of Chinese design.

That's a negative. AW-109's are in use for SAR duties in the Bangladesh Navy (BNS Bangabandhu). If we induct ASWs it will probably be AW-159 Super Lynx types.

I think you are confusing BN with PN, PN uses HARBIN Z-9 ASW Helos in their F-22P Zulfiquar-class frigate.

My bad. But there were some reports on that I believe.

https://defence.pk/threads/bangladesh-navy-set-to-buy-z-9c-asw-helicopters.258564/

Don't get ahead of yourself. Securing orders from Europeans for some coasters is what our tier 2 shipyards do. :lol:

Now get a grip of real shipbuilding. These are made by our very own Cochin Shipyard limited- it is basically 10X the size of your largest shipyard.
Coasters? Lmao we have built multiple cargo vessels for dannish companies...
And comparing an aircraft carrier you built after 70+ years of independence to a cargo ship we built some 40 years later is like comparing a corolla to a Lamborghini. Irrelevant.

1473928076_ins-vikrant-construction.jpg

Bullshit. It's foreign designs all the way. You needed Danish designers to design a 300 tonne OPV.
Lmao what a troll.

What stuff ? The only thing you've been able to build are some patrol boats & LCUs. Given the level of your industrial development you can't do better. Even assembling trucks for your army is too hi-tech for you.
That's all your defence minister came to offer us to build a supapowa navy XD go back to your country kid.

More like you've irritated your masters & are about to pay for that...:lol:
Yeah that's why y'all shitting in your diapers with our relations with China. wank off somewhere else will ya

Another patent master!!!
My humble request to you, please build your toilet first..
Building aircraft carrier or supersonic cruise missile without having toilet in more than half of the population make no sense to anyone.
Don't get ahead of yourself. Securing orders from Europeans for some coasters is what our tier 2 shipyards do. :lol:

Now get a grip of real shipbuilding. These are made by our very own Cochin Shipyard limited- it is basically 10X the size of your largest shipyard.

1436557.jpg

1473928076_ins-vikrant-construction.jpg

Bullshit. It's foreign designs all the way. You needed Danish designers to design a 300 tonne OPV.

What stuff ? The only thing you've been able to build are some patrol boats & LCUs. Given the level of your industrial development you can't do better. Even assembling trucks for your army is too hi-tech for you.

Really ? :lol: You've R&D ? Then why do you lag behind Zambia in the number of USPTO patents filed ?

https://www.uspto.gov/web/offices/ac/ido/oeip/taf/cst_utl.htm

Meanwhile India, which you've accused of 'begging for technology' files over 3300 USPTO patents an year. And has a very successful nuclear & space program, one which swampdesh can only dream of.

Read up https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_research_and_development_spending

You know the meaning of R&D ? No you don't.

As I have said before, develop a two stroke moped engine before commenting.

Keep dreaming Iajdani. Bangladesh is going to become lungee superpower in the next 5 years.

More like you've irritated your masters & are about to pay for that...:lol:

These Indians are funny.
And delusional.
They are totally selfish nation.

Indian charyalara bikarir lakan koi din for for Bangladesho ai kitar laiygaa?

Indian charyalara bikarir lakan koi din for for Bangladesho ai kitar laiygaa?
For Indians a little translation: Indian salelog bhikari ke mafique kyun kuch dino ke bad bad hi Bangladesh pe ate hain?

Coasters? Lmao we have built multiple cargo vessels for dannish companies...

You know what a coaster is ? Your 'multiple cargo vessels' are just 6000 DWT vessels, the kind which are built & exported by a tier 2 shipyard in India. Like this one, built by Chowgule shipyard.

2410736.jpg

Boasting about this one is absurd. :lol:

Lmao what a troll.

That's called shipbuilding- something with Bangladeshis can't do.

That's all your defence minister came to offer us to build a supapowa navy XD go back to your country kid.

Yep, that's why. Because your underdeveloped country can't even assemble an effing truck. That's the kind of market we are looking for.

Another patent master!!!
My humble request to you, please build your toilet first..

No one expects anything better from retarded sweatshop coolies.

No go stitch some underwear, kid.

You know what a coaster is ? Your 'multiple cargo vessels' are just 6000 DWT vessels, the kind which are built & exported by a tier 2 shipyard in India. Like this one, built by Chowgule shipyard.

2410736.jpg

Boasting about this one is absurd. :lol:

That's called shipbuilding- something with Bangladeshis can't do.

Yep, that's why. Because your underdeveloped country can't even assemble an effing truck. That's the kind of market we are looking for.

No one expects anything better from retarded sweatshop coolies.

No go stitch some underwear, kid.
What we did in 20 years after a 600 years gap is done after 70+ years in your country. So wank of somewhere else.

Fun fact. We assemble our own trucks XD
Since the 80s 90s

What we did in 20 years after a 600 years gap is done after 70+ years in your country. So wank of somewhere else.

20 years ? It seems that you lots haven't attended primary school. It has been 45 years ever since we freed you from 'West Pakistani domination'.

And no we are not stuck with 6000 DWT coasters unlike you. When our country was 45 years old we were building 100,000 DWT double hulled Tankers. Shipyards like Pipavav in India have the capability to build even VLCCs for that matter.

25 years from our independence, we were license producing frigates with localized propulsion, gearboxes & radars. What's your excuse? Still stuck with the 600 tonne Chinese LPC ?

f-35_nilgiri_udaygiri_india-navy01.jpg

Fun fact. We assemble our own trucks XD
Since the 80s 90s

Assembling light trucks from SKD kits is quite an achievement. :lol: Meanwhile Indian companies dominate Bangladesh's CV market

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom