What's new

Parrikar back to Goa politics post Cabinet reshuffle? BJP says will welcome him

dadeechi

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
"Yes, I will be back in three-four months," Parrikar told Goa News when asked whether he was contemplating returning to state politics.
Written by Aaron Pereira
New Delhi Updated: May 2, 2016, 22:06

manohar-parrikar1.jpg

lg.php

“Yes, I will be back in three-four months,” Parrikar told Goa News when asked whether he was contemplating returning to state politics.
Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar could return to his home-state Goa later this year, hoping to bridge the widening gap between the RSS and the BJP with state elections due in less than a year.

While reports of Parrikar’s return have been making the rounds over the last few weeks, it was Parrikar himself who on Sunday hinted at his return.

“Yes, I will be back in three-four months,” Parrikar told Goa News when asked whether he was contemplating returning to state politics.

There have been suggestions of a cabinet reshuffle once the elections results are in on May 19.

Faced with an uphill task of incumbency as well allegations of a non-performing government headed by CM Laxmikant Parsekar, the BJP is hopeful Parrikar’s return will rejuvenate party workers ahead of the polls.

Speaking to Indianexpress.com, Goa BJP President Vinay Tendulkar said the state unit would welcome Parrikar’s return ahead of the polls.

“If Centre permits his return, we welcome it,” Tendulkar said, refusing to accept that the Parsekar government was performing below par thereby warranting Parrikar’s return.

Independent MLA and a vocal voice in the state Assembly Vijai Sardesai questioned the role of the BJP’s high command in Parrikar’s return saying it was indicative that the BJP is soon losing ground in the state. When asked what he attributed the loss to, Sardesai said “the various U-turns of the state government — for which Parrikar is party responsible — as well as Parsekar’s failure as CM. One thing is very clear, they seem to be reading the writing on the wall.”

“A leader that gets them an absolute majority is shunted to the Centre… It’s now clear that Parrikar did not become Defence Minister out of his own choice but out of compulsion,” Sardesai said, adding that the BJP leadership will owe an explanation for Parrikar’s exit — if at all — in just about 15 months.

This, however, is not the first time that Parrikar has hinted at a possible return to state politics. While he has had no qualms about making known his inability to adjust to living in the national capital, Parrikar had only last month said “all options need to be kept permanently open.”

Sweeping the Goa Assembly elections in 2012, Parrikar, a three-time Goa CM, was asked to join the Narendra Modi Cabinet in November 2014. He was then elected Rajya Sabha MP from Lucknow

http://indianexpress.com/article/india/politics/manohar-parrikar-goa-bjp-cabinet-reshuffle-2781236/

"Yes, I will be back in three-four months," Parrikar told Goa News when asked whether he was contemplating returning to state politics.
Written by Aaron Pereira
New Delhi Updated: May 2, 2016, 22:06

manohar-parrikar1.jpg

lg.php

Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar could return to his home-state Goa later this year, hoping to bridge the widening gap between the RSS and the BJP with state elections due in less than a year.

While reports of Parrikar’s return have been making the rounds over the last few weeks, it was Parrikar himself who on Sunday hinted at his return.

There have been suggestions of a cabinet reshuffle once the elections results are in on May 19.

Faced with an uphill task of incumbency as well allegations of a non-performing government headed by CM Laxmikant Parsekar, the BJP is hopeful Parrikar’s return will rejuvenate party workers ahead of the polls.

Speaking to Indianexpress.com, Goa BJP President Vinay Tendulkar said the state unit would welcome Parrikar’s return ahead of the polls.

“If Centre permits his return, we welcome it,” Tendulkar said, refusing to accept that the Parsekar government was performing below par thereby warranting Parrikar’s return.

Independent MLA and a vocal voice in the state Assembly Vijai Sardesai questioned the role of the BJP’s high command in Parrikar’s return saying it was indicative that the BJP is soon losing ground in the state. When asked what he attributed the loss to, Sardesai said “the various U-turns of the state government — for which Parrikar is party responsible — as well as Parsekar’s failure as CM. One thing is very clear, they seem to be reading the writing on the wall.”

“A leader that gets them an absolute majority is shunted to the Centre… It’s now clear that Parrikar did not become Defence Minister out of his own choice but out of compulsion,” Sardesai said, adding that the BJP leadership will owe an explanation for Parrikar’s exit — if at all — in just about 15 months.

This, however, is not the first time that Parrikar has hinted at a possible return to state politics. While he has had no qualms about making known his inability to adjust to living in the national capital, Parrikar had only last month said “all options need to be kept permanently open.”

Sweeping the Goa Assembly elections in 2012, Parrikar, a three-time Goa CM, was asked to join the Narendra Modi Cabinet in November 2014. He was then elected Rajya Sabha MP from Lucknow

http://indianexpress.com/article/india/politics/manohar-parrikar-goa-bjp-cabinet-reshuffle-2781236/

We need someone like Suresh Prabhu or Dharmendra Pradhan at the helm. Or at least someone with their work ethics.
I think there should always be a minister in training for smooth transitioning. Raksha Mantralaya can be a maze.

Good move to get rid of this loud mouth anthony 2 , now get rid of jaitely too

Parrikar tried really hard and did a good job at DM post but it was his excessive talking that use to get him in hot waters. But now he was beginning to understand and get going.
Not gonna be happy with this change. New DM will take time to settle in, which is not good for Indian defence, unless someone from the inside is offered the position. If they pick someone that is familiar with Indian Defence policies, I would like to see someone from the Indian Navy to this position.

Some time back a facebook page did claim that there are hints if cabinet reshuffle with Swamy getting IB ministry....so I assume after the monsoon session we will see the reshuffle...

How ? Parrikar himself said he will be back in Goa after a couple of months. Its a rumour if someone else says it.

He said a lot of things few months back. Even hinting his retirement from active politics etc.

Can you provide a link that verifies your claims that he hinted at retirement from active politics ?
Why don't google the keywords ?

And that's not my "claim" its the claim of media how it interpreted his statement later which he clarifies no retirement before completing the "assigned task"

So now you admit he made no such admission. Then why did you bother to post media lies ?
He also said no retirement before completing the assigned task,i don't know which task he is talking about.

Go read his his statement.

oh... thank you.. please get the hell out of DM Chair... time to put a guy who knows defence

Now please get a Piyush Goyal Xerox at the helm please.

Or VK Singh himself.
VK Singh would be an absolute DISASTER as the DM, Modi has tried his best to keep him in the background.

Parrikar tried really hard and did a good job at DM post but it was his excessive talking that use to get him in hot waters. But now he was beginning to understand and get going.
Not gonna be happy with this change. New DM will take time to settle in, which is not good for Indian defence, unless someone from the inside is offered the position. If they pick someone that is familiar with Indian Defence policies, I would like to see someone from the Indian Navy to this position.
It's not a very good idea to get a military guy for the DM no matter how qualified they are for the job. No matter their credentials or performance 2 of the forces will feel aggrieved and that the DM is favouring his former branch. Right now the 3 services need to be working closer together than ever and consenus will be required on a number of issues coming up, a former military officer as DM will be a disruptive event.

We need someone like Suresh Prabhu or Dharmendra Pradhan at the helm. Or at least someone with their work ethics.
I think there should always be a minister in training for smooth transitioning. Raksha Mantralaya can be a maze.
Agree, there needs to be someone with a vision (which Parrikar has had) not just a pencil pusher or a seat filler. Defence is a critical ministry I home Modi appreciates this and keeps the right people in the right positions. The last thing that is needed is another Anthony period of stagnation and decline.

Not a Good idea he is a good DM and he will become the best with more exposure in the coming years

@Abingdonboy @PARIKRAMA is this true ?

No idea, I hope it isn't true because Parrikar has finally settled in and started to roll-out some much needed reforms- DPP-2016 being the most noteworthy. A new DM at this point would take at least 1 year to settle in and by that point 3/5 years of this Govt's term will be over and they'll be firmly switching into GE-2019 mode. The next 12-18 months are vital to the MoD/Indian Military, changing the status quo now will not be advisable especially when you don't know if his replacment will even be suited for the role; better the devil you know, right?

As you have said @noksss the longer Parrikar is in this position the more expereince he will gain and the better he will get. Defence is a very unique ministry and thus shouldn't be treated like others were the effects are almost marginal if you shuffle ministers.

The news is true.

Grapevine is Modi does not like independent thinking people like Parrikar as he sees them as his rival.

He likes light weight people like sushma, jaitley and rajnath who can be easily sidelined. These ministries are directly being run by Modi through the corresponding secretaries, PMO & NSA. These ministers are just rubber stamps and Modi has full control on them.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom