What's new

Panetta-Shujja Fight becomes more heated

Even if Pasha is forced to resign the Americans must realize that his replacement will not necessarily be amiable to the goals.

Musharraf went out and Zardari came in.. Who was more amiable for the USA??

The real war here is between the ISI and the CIA
The CIA has been building up a spy network within Pakistan and the capture of Raymond Davis blew the lid off their activities in a very public way.
The ISI took the CIA to task and grinded them for over 3 months on this issue , eventually , for reasons best known to the decision makers , RD was let off the hook.
When RD was in custody, Leon Panetta came to ISB and barked at the Pakistan officials for arresting RD.
In the aftermath, the ISI clearly conveyed to the CIA that they have to reduce their presence inside Pakistan.
The above is what is clearly known and is info available in the public domain and form the above its clear that the CIA and the ISI are not seeing eye to eye because the CIA is involved in malicious activities within Pakistan, they are were caught snooping around in places for which there was no understanding between the ISI and the CIA.
I foresee the sustained and continued deterioration of relations between the two spy agencies which will ultimately lead to the ISI telling the CIA to OFF in very public manner.

The real war is between USA and Terrorists. US will pursue any one or any organisation that threatens it, whether its in pakistan or India. ISI came to the picture when US found out they are siding with organisation that harms US global network.

ISI can create hell for US in pakistan, but they are willing to go through hell for their interests. Sure CIA is doing malicious activities inside pakistan , but why are they in pakistan?

Pakistan can simply clean their hands off various anti social organisation and I think USA will leave pakistan alone. President Bush may be dumb, but their law makers aren't.

Besides, for correctiveness of history.. If it was not due to military of Pakistan, India's old ambition of merging Pakistan back into greater hindustan would have succeeded long time ago.. I am not going to go into 65 or 71 wars.. they have been discussed in details in other forums and blogs.. you can read them there..

I think you have been successfully brainwashed with the whole "Akhand Bharat " concept. Lets get one thing straight here. Akhand Bharat is the worst thing that can happen to India. Apart from fringe elements India nobody in India is even interested or heard of this concept.

Besides, i don't need to be apologist for anyone, i judge on the basis of past events, present standings, circumstances, circumstantial evidence, probabilities and future prospectives..

I am not blind like "few media frenzied, spoon fed, self-proclaimed liberals" who don't even know what the hell they are talking about.. keep pounding them with same news again and again.. they will accept it, cuz their brain is more active in planning "drinking party" for tonight..

I am from the first generation of this GREAT country.. I have WATCHED events rolling in front of my EYES.. not heard or studied them from West Monitored, India Run Internet..

so spare me your sarcasm!!!... I will say what i foresee.. I will warn MY people.. Thats all i can do..

Then can you explain how how come Pakistan from being one of the most rapidly developing countries in the 1960s came to the situation now she is.

Ansar Abbasi is an old ISI hand .Sure he wrote the column sitting in ISI office. ISI working hard to dispel the impression in the public that its getting ineffective on various fronts .
Why is he believed to be a RAW agent then?

so atlast ISI wants confrontation against CIA ............ and i want this too aswell ....... now here we go tom & jerry show

ISI which is one of the largest intelligence agency in the world with over 10,000 agents cannot monitor visas issued for foreigners. Unbelievable!!!

U r right ..cuz there r many ISI pplz corrupt as well...thats why we have seen such a day....:what:

Paladin expressed doubt that the story was true. However, like I said, the truth came out during Raymond Davis that the ISI had, in fact, been told to step aside for these visas.

That doesnt mean the ISI will not keep tabs on the shady characters and their movements. If they had kept any tabs they could have caught someone red-handed and sent them to home declaring them persona-non grata.

And Paladin was not expressing doubts - he was damn certain.

Wow, the article by ansar abbasi is surely a gripping account of the thrilling activity between panetta and pasha. Makes fantastic reading worth a fast paced conspiracy. Also enriching are the comments that follow it. Just a question. So is ansar abbasi privy to information about the blow by blow account of what transpired in the meeting between pasha and panetta. I mean this is conveniently heroic with the brave and heroic pasha standing up to the evil and unscrupolous panetta. My question is that any tom dick and /or harry could wake up tomorrow and say that panetta brought up proofs of pasha and his boss'es complicity with al-queda and haqqani and pasha just dovetailed out of washington soonest that he could get on the first available of the oliver's invention. I know that it sounds of a nonKheroic pasha and a roaring panetta and also drab and non pacy and totally lack of the thriller experience that the pakistanis are used to. But can anyone bring up an iota of logic to say that this thinking is more wild than that of our mr. abbasi? Who is this guy anyway?

so atlast ISI wants confrontation against CIA ............ and i want this too aswell ....... now here we go tom & jerry show
Going by what happened, i do not think that mr. Laden will be sharing your confidence un isi while he supposedly enjoys with his 72.

Ansar Abbasi is an old ISI hand .Sure he wrote the column sitting in ISI office. ISI working hard to dispel the impression in the public that its getting ineffective on various fronts .

Is it your point of view? or any source for the same?

Jana ji.. as it has been clear from recent events, ISI was told to not interfere with visa process of these personnels.. and Haqqani Cannot be sacked as he is playing the right part as required by Zardari and USA.. Has the FO questioned that Authenticity of whole of Abbottabad operation?? How can a FO of a sovereign country accept "word of mouth" without any proof? and accept all the blames??

It ashamed me watching him on the television, accepting "lack of intelligence" by ISI on OBL..

So tomorrow if US says, after "conducting a stealth operation in Karachi" that they have "confiscated" documents to prove that killers of JFK was from Pakistan, everybody should accept it???

It Amazes me how pathetic our Government has become.. FGS... Question the blo0dy Americans on validity of this operation!!!!!!!!
Questiong the validity or legitimacy of the raid will in no way disprove that the honorable and precious mr. Laden was shot and killed next to the pma bang in the the middle of the country. How will cursing zardari or gilani or adulating kiyanai or pasha help it, the guy got shot right there in pak territory and people got caight with pants down!

LoL, the whole article is a point of view. What is wrong if others have their own?

but what he said was someone's relations with someone, whereas the article is POV based on some ongoing situation.

The lead article is a not so cleaver attempt to distract attention --- some have questioned why the Pakistan ambassador in DC issued visas to Americans, it is reported the ambassador has asked, who issued visas to the thousands of Islamist radicals who have made Pakistan their home -- and of course he has a point.

But with that said, there is a problem here and one poor decision cannot justify another.

On the whole, I think, if the lead article is accurate in describing the tension between Panetta and Pasha, then, Pasha sems to have done a fine job - the US types are fanatics and they must be handled like handling fanatics -- they are welcome to burn down their country and burn their relations with the world, we don't have to be a party to that.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom