What's new

Panama leak Case Proceedings - JIT Report, News, Updates And Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no sympathy for NS or madari. But i do have one observation.

NS & his family involved itself in money launder and found it an easy way since early 1990's but the BBC or german broadcaster or ICIJ assoc. journalists never came out in this persistent style as of now. I have a hunch and that is NS must be doing something good here, that's why Panama came out suddenly & then german media houses and BBC rolled on an onslaught. I think, idea is to destabilize, create chaos and take advantage.

Security agencies would be looking at all different angles esp. when Baluchistan is improving, law & order has improved overall under NS regime. Just a different angle of assessment.
Yes he must be doing something really good, looting the nation, taking excessive loans, making state institutions irrelevant. Brilliant work indeed.

Either the bench doesn't have strength to give any verdict against Shareefs, or if it has, it will meet same fate as the bench that was headed by Sajjad Ali Shah in 1997..

The remarks from Ejaz Afzal till now are pointing to the suspicion that he will soon stand up in court and openly debate with Justice Khosa, that he doesn't think petition is admissible and will leave the bench. Then judiciary will be divided in two groups again like it did in 1997.

Looking at the condition of PM and his daughter, they seem to me so cool and calm, as if they are here to stay forever. PMLN is preparing for Maryam's entry into politics. They have something in mind that you and me can't even imagine...

True, SC history is not that encouraging, especially in the context of Sharif family, Sharifs have been always treated as children of a greater god. Nothing can be ruled out, however time has changed and it won't be easy for courts to favor Sharifs this time round.

Justice Afzal is more interested in extent of jurisdiction. Actually defense isn't challenging the admissibility, at least not legally, all being challenged is the extent of jurisdiction of article 184(3).

You can't leave bench like this & that too in the middle of proceedings, citing reasons (conflict of interests or personal) judge normally distances himself before the start of the case or in the very beginning. A judge if thinks petition is not admissible he'll declare it inadmissible through an order or he'll write a dissenting note if majority thinks it's admissible. A judge doesn't see a petition admissible is no reason to leave a bench, courts are operated by procedures, Justice Ejaz Afzal is a judge of a legal court not a person hearing case in his drawing room. Even if somehow or other Justice Ejaz leaves the bench, he actually won't do anything good for Sharifs. New bench would mean restart from zero which would also mean more disgrace to Sharifs, above all you're not sure how new comer will take this case.

I don't think there's any division in judiciary, bench hearing a case can have division & it's perfectly normal. Court's judgement doesn't have to be unanimous.

Yes.... I also doubt Justice Ijaz Afzal.... Ye zuroor kuch na kuch garbar karay ga.... But now..at this stage ..after hearing the case.for so long....is it possible now...to dismiss the case on inadmissibility? Abhi admissibility k liye tu nahi sun rahay case? Wh tu pehle hi decide hochuka hai dec main.... Balke ye tu shuru se hi decided tha, jab se start hua hai..tab hi 184 ke under judges sun rahay bain...

But other than this, i am sure ke justice ijaz afzal kuch garbar karay ga.....jo bhi hosaka is se..... Aur pakora judge...us ke baaray main kuch keh nahi sakti... Although dil main....he seems to be with nawaz sharif, lekin woh itna openly apna bias show nahi kartay... Aleast pakkra judge doesnt argue with justice khosa...but justice ijaz afzal..is the only one who openly argues with justice khosa often

Apko tau Allah waste ka bair hay Justice Ejaz Afzal see. :-)

He can't leave the bench for having difference of opinion, he will not leave the bench, he will write a dissenting note in final judgement.

Guys please watch this program...

@Farah Sohail @biloo700 @Dil Pakistan

Thank you @PakSword

Aitzaz is saying the same thing on every channel over the last few days.

What he is ignoring is that it is not easy to nab a sitting PM who has international connections. Judges have worked hard not to allow the Shareefs to say that this court is biased against us. This would have been a failure. It would have been very difficult to bring them back to court, at least within the current law. This is the reason judges are "soft" on Shareefs.

Also, the arguments regarding the flats have been left at the end for the same reason as well. I agree with @Emmie that this will be the turning point of this case. I would only extend @Emmie argument that rather than the completion of arguments from Bubbloo and Tubbloo's lawyers, judges will wait for the completion of rebuttal as well. This point will signal the completion of ALL ARGUMENTS in this case. There will be no turning back after that.

Judges cannot say what Aitzaz wants them to say. Judges are using wisdom rather than emotions.

@Farah Sohail ; @biloo700

except Qatri letter WTF! kis ko ****** bana rahay hain... yes Aitezaz Ahsan sahab right Judges are soft of NS... the reason of their soft on NS is "kal ko ye roondi na maray NS kay hamain suna nahe gaya"[/QUOTE]

Precisely

Last edited:
Apko tau Allah waste ka bair hay Justice Ejaz Afzal see. :-)

He can't leave the bench for having difference of opinion, he will not leave the bench, he will write a dissenting note in final judgement.

No.. Ye baat nahi hai...ke mujhe bair hai.. He is literally acting as defense lawyer of sharifs.. Main tu pakora judge ko hi samajhti thee lekin ye tu us se bhi kaafi haath aagay hai,..

Maybe he wont leave the bench as its not possible legally...but he will surely give verdict in favor of sharifs..... He is the only one who ooenly argues with others in the court and tht too always in favor of sharifs.. Either he remains silent mostly..and when he speaks, he speaks in favor of sharif family... Jis din sharif family ko ziada ragra lagta hai,,notice tht he remains mostly silent tht day..and next day he comes, and speaks and raises weird questions in favor of sharif family.. Even pakora judge doesnt argue with justice khosa, who is the head of this bench and senior most... But justce ijaz afzal agues with him very often.... Have u ever seen him raising a critical question against sharifs?

Last edited:
On the issue that a judge can undermine the status of a bench by one of his actions.

First of all it is not easy to do this. Outside the bench the CJ of the SC is watching everything. CJ has the powers to refer any judge to Supreme Judicial Council.

A judge cannot excuse himself from the bench either. There has to be a SOLID reason (health issue etc.).

A judge can write a note of dissent, note of addition and may even disagree with his fellow judges.

Dissent and Addition are easy and not likely to be frowned upon or challenged.

Disagreeing is very difficult and there has to be a very solid legal / constitutional reason to do that. This is a constitutional court and the admissibility / maintainability of the application has been agreed already - even by Shareef's lawyers. Finding a constitutional reason to disagree will be difficult if not impossible.

Also, the judge who leads the bench (in this case @Farah Sohail favourite - justice Kohsa :-)) has enormous influence on the outcome of the case. He can bring out a unanimous verdict.

On the issue that a judge can undermine the status of a bench by one of his actions.

First of all it is not easy to do this. Outside the bench the CJ of the SC is watching everything. CJ has the powers to refer any judge to Supreme Judicial Council.

A judge cannot excuse himself from the bench either. There has to be a SOLID reason (health issue etc.).

A judge can write a note of dissent, note of addition and may even disagree with his fellow judges.

Dissent and Addition are easy and not likely to be frowned upon or challenged.

Disagreeing is very difficult and there has to be a very solid legal / constitutional reason to do that. This is a constitutional court and the admissibility / maintainability of the application has been agreed already - even by Shareef's lawyers. Finding a constitutional reason to disagree will be difficult if not impossible.

Also, the judge who leads the bench (in this case @Farah Sohail favourite - justice Kohsa :-)) has enormous influence on the outcome of the case. He can bring out a unanimous verdict.

I dont think Justice khosa can influence soo much tht he can bring a unanimous verdict... Doesnt seem, in this case atleast... Main ye bhi maannay ko tayyar hosakti hun tht Justice khosa somehow convinces pakora judge....but Justice Ijaz Afzal...i dont think so... The way he openly challenges justice khosa...i dont think justice ijaz afzal can in any way be convinced to give verdict against sharifs

No.. Ye baat nahi hai...ke mujhe bair hai.. He is literally acting as defense lawyer of sharifs.. Main tu pakora judge ko hi samajhti thee lekin ye tu us se bhi kaafi haath aagay hai,..

Maybe he wont leave the bench as its not possible legally...but he will surely give verdict in favor of sharifs..... He is the only one who ooenly argues with others in the court and tht too always in favor of sharifs.. Either he remains silent mostly..and when he speaks, he speaks in favor of sharif family... Jis din sharif family ko ziada ragra lagta hai,,notice tht he remains mostly silent tht day..and next day he comes, and speaks and raises weird questions in favor of sharif family.. Even pakora judge doesnt argue with justice khosa, who is the head of this bench and senior most... Buy justce ijaz afzal agues with him very often.... Have u ever seen him raising a critical question against sharifs?

Justice Azmat is an intelligent judge, his observations are tricky & he grills both sides. Justice Ejaz Afzal ain't literally acting as defense counsel, he's actually a defense counsel, only difference is that he's wearing an embroidered robe.

Justice Azmat is an intelligent judge, his observations are tricky & he grills both sides. Justice Ejaz Afzal ain't literally acting as defense counsel, he's actually a defense counsel, only difference is that he's wearing an embroidered robe.

Pata nahi... Main pakora judge ko theek se samajh nahi paayi... Lekin my gut feeling is tht ke woh bhi dil main anwaz sharif k saath hai.. Kiun ke ..jab koi critical cheez aati hai..tu woh aisa koi comment sharif family k favor main kar detay hain ke samjh nahi aati... But yes...woh kabhi kabhi sharifs k against bhi remarks de dete hain ..so he can swing anyway..if justice khosa can convince him..tu shayad...ke woh convince ho hi jayein..sharifs k against verdict denay k liye....but us k bhi chances thoray kam hi hain...

Lekin ..as u said too justice ijaz afzal is actually a defense counsil.. He is a hopeless case

Sir! Jutice Ijaz Afzal is from Mansehra. Check if he is from in laws of Maryam Safdar :p:

'People are waiting for a leader who is unpurchaseable' justice ijaz afzal khan

'People are waiting for a leader who is unpurchaseable' justice ijaz afzal khan

Just watched few secs... Biggest joke..tht none can purchase laywer.. I think most sellouts are in lawyers.. Unhein sirf apni fees se matlab hota hai..they are not worried abt morality...(in most cases)

Plus..justice ijaz afzal ka corruption ke against baat karna aisa hi hai jaisa nawaz sharif aur zardari ka corruption k khilaf baat karna

Just watched few secs... Biggest joke..tht none can purchase laywer.. I think most sellouts are in lawyers.. Unhein sirf apni fees se matlab hota hai..they are not worried abt morality...(in most cases)

Plus..justice ijaz afzal ka corruption ke against baat karna aisa hi hai jaisa nawaz sharif aur zardari ka corruption k khilaf baat karna

Maybe he's talking about justice khosa,unpurchaseable hero.

This time i feel it will be a Merit Not technical justice for NS .Tone of Thugs belongs to N league shows it all .

Maybe he's talking about justice khosa,unpurchaseable hero.
Now i feel Asif Zardari is Bacha Jamora infront of Sharifs corruption .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom