What's new

Panama Case - Post Verdict Discussion and Updates

My guess:

KPK: 30-33
FATA: 2-5
Balochistan: 0-1
Islamabad: 1-2
Sindh: 5 (3 may be in Khi, 2-3 elsewhere based on electables)
S.Punjab: 10-15 out of 46.
N.Punjab: 30-40 out of 95*. This is real challenge.

Mathematics of govt (need 137 of 272 general seats).
-------------------------------
PTI Own: 80-100 seats.
S.Punjab Indep: 15-20
FATA Indep: 5
Balochistan Small Parties: 6-8
MQM/PSP: 15-20

So I think following will be critical:
  1. PTI slightly increases in footprint in KPK from 2013.
  2. PTI and independents do well in S.Punjab
  3. PTI unlike last time takes at least 30+ seats in North Punjab. Important areas will be: Urban Posh Areas like Gulburg, DHA in Lahore. Pothohar belt (e.g. Jehlum, Rawalpindi etc) since these areas have a lot of people in Armed Forces and a lot of shaheeds. So Nawaz's anti-armed forces narrative may be counter productive in this area. Lahore, Faisalabad, Gujranwala will probably overall remain N-league strongholds.
Sarghoda mianwali and to some extent faisalabad will be in PTI's hand else I agree with u

sitting inside a chilled room and being all optimistic is easy you call me an ignorant fool fine i am an ignorant fool
Didn't call you a fool but It's only appropriate that I take back the ignoramus bit after reading your reply.

The chilled room is what I'm allergic to by the way so a potent reply from you it was too. Toche

You have a deliberate and we'll thought out stance against the run of the mill judicial system.

The difference of opinion between us is exactly as between hope and despair and that's what we keep trying to make each other understand without saying it in so many words.

The differences of opinion amongst us is what makes us human. No hard feelings.

The case has been delayed even more so. Only hope is if Ijaz-ul-Ahsan doesn't give a long extension.

The delay is a good thing hit them during time of interim govt Bashira is smarter than you think he is

@ bold I really hope so...

Also..i hope basheera..... baji par halka haath na rakhay....baji ko bhi maxmum saza dey ...NS ke saath..

Also..i hope basheera..... baji par halka haath na rakhay....baji ko bhi maxmum saza dey ...NS ke saath..
Baji key barey mein no detail as itni discussion nahi howi staff say na staff guess kar sakta hy final verdict

Wasn't the case of forgery against baji withheld by the Judge for later?

On November 8, AC had deleted this charge from the charge sheets of Maryam Nawaz and Cap Safdar conceding to the arguments of Maryam's counsel Amjad Pervez who had argued that section 30 of the National Accountability Ordinance (NAO) prohibits the court from taking cognizance of the offences relating to false evidence etc before making decision of the case.

As I remember, NAB had appealed against this deletion but then withdrew its appeal.

What's the update on that?

Wasn't the case of forgery against baji withheld by the Judge for later?

On November 8, AC had deleted this charge from the charge sheets of Maryam Nawaz and Cap Safdar conceding to the arguments of Maryam's counsel Amjad Pervez who had argued that section 30 of the National Accountability Ordinance (NAO) prohibits the court from taking cognizance of the offences relating to false evidence etc before making decision of the case.

As I remember, NAB had appealed against this deletion but then withdrew its appeal.

What's the update on that?

As I understand...NAB withdrew its appeal in IHC..because it said tht they have now filed supplementary reference ..which iwll take care of it..
So after filing of supplementary reference...Roberrt Radley was also included in witnesses...and his statement was recorded..

China main one party rule karti hai... Pakistan main khotay rehtay hain.. jo lutnay ke baad bhi vote luteron ko detey hain..

Hikmat isi main hai ke abhi Zardari ko nahi chhera jaey.. yeh buzdili nahi Hikmat ka taqaza hai in my opinion.. Har jaga talwaron se kaam nahi chalta..

Zardari ki baari aayegi in shaa Allah.. It seems establishment and judiciary are making sure that both of these parties do not get 2/3rd majority in the next elections.. Once it is ensured, Zardari ko bhi nahi bakhsha jaega..
sir is hikmat keh chakkar may poora mulk burbaad hogaya!! taliban banaya hikmat thi ajj hum burbad!! mqm aik hikmat thi ajj hum burbad!! nro howa zardari jesay suwar laya gaya hikmat thi us waqt ajj hum burbad!!

is hikmat key chakkar may sirf aur sirf burbaad awaam howi jaa fauji howa na judge howa na politician howa!!

hikmat ka waqt ab khatam!! we are fighting for our survival now aur ab action ka time hai!; aur jis na action nai lia chahay woh fauji ho ya judge hoo woh in haram khorun ka palla howa paid ghulam hai!

As I understand...NAB withdrew its appeal in IHC..because it said tht they have now filed supplementary reference ..which iwll take care of it..
So after filing of supplementary reference...Roberrt Radley was also included in witnesses...and his statement was recorded..
Yes, you are right about the supplementary references. But it depends on what exactly is stated in those sub references.

How did the Judge allow forgery clause against Maryam in supplementary reference? He had sighted NAB law to removed the same in original reference to be taken up after proving a crime was indeed committed? Or may be the sub reference is vaguely stated instead of specifically accusing Maryam.

It is important as the sentencing term depends on the crime. If she gets 3 years or less in a reduced sentence instead of 7 for forgery then she can be eligible to receive a reprieve from going to jail altogether.

Back
Top Bottom