What's new

Panama Case - Post Verdict Discussion and Updates

Three of a sarcastic feather showing a big heart and praising their usual target IK for a change due to his master stroke politics in Senate Elections:

Supreme Court dismisses contempt case against Nawaz Sharif

ISLAMABAD: Supreme Court of Pakistan dismissed contempt of court petition against former Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif and Punjab Chief Minister Shehbaz Sharif on Tuesday.

Heading a three-member SC bench, Chief Justice of Pakistan Justice Mian Saqib Nisar had said yesterday that the erstwhile premier used inappropriate words against the JIT, not the court; hence, proceedings regarding a contempt offence cannot be launched against him.

The bench disposed of contempt petitions against various politicians including Federal Minister for Railways Saad Rafique, former prime minister Yousaf Raza Gillani, Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) leader Firdous Ashiq Awan, former Senate chairman Nayyar Bukhari and Captain (rted.) Safdar.

However, the CJ stressed that the court has the record of Nawaz Sharif’s contemptuous remarks against the judiciary, adding the court will hear the case against Nawaz at an appropriate time.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

The political analysts hired by the Queen of liars and Maryam Jhoti herself must be celebrating and calling it a success for their self proclaimed caliberated and well coached nerrative. Hook, line and sinker!!!

Lets see who gets to have the last laugh - at an appropriate time.

Supreme Court dismisses contempt case against Nawaz Sharif

ISLAMABAD: Supreme Court of Pakistan dismissed contempt of court petition against former Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif and Punjab Chief Minister Shehbaz Sharif on Tuesday.

Heading a three-member SC bench, Chief Justice of Pakistan Justice Mian Saqib Nisar had said yesterday that the erstwhile premier used inappropriate words against the JIT, not the court; hence, proceedings regarding a contempt offence cannot be launched against him.

The bench disposed of contempt petitions against various politicians including Federal Minister for Railways Saad Rafique, former prime minister Yousaf Raza Gillani, Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) leader Firdous Ashiq Awan, former Senate chairman Nayyar Bukhari and Captain (rted.) Safdar.

However, the CJ stressed that the court has the record of Nawaz Sharif’s contemptuous remarks against the judiciary, adding the court will hear the case against Nawaz at an appropriate time.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

The political analysts hired by the Queen of liars and Maryam Jhoti herself must be celebrating and calling it a success for their self proclaimed caliberated and well coached nerrative. Hook, line and sinker!!!

Lets see who gets to have the last laugh - at an appropriate time.
Guys judges wants to grab them for corruption so that they can be exposed and i think thats a wise approach ...

Very good column @Farah Sohail @Shane

22631_40931137.jpg

@The Accountant @PakSword @Farah Sohail and fellow posters here, kindly ponder on the following possibility that seems inevitable to myself:

What will happen after the accountability court verdict?

I have posted repeatedly that it is naive to think that verdicts against the chor family will destroy them politically.

I have posted that PTI not fighting PMLN on political grounds let alone legal, is a bad move to wait for verdicts. Hold this thought here.

Now, just assess the sudden political jump start of PTI. What is the reason for this upsurge of whirlwind IK political activity?

In my opinion, this is not a reassessment or change in policy but;
PTI was counting on NAB court verdicts to arrive within 6months deadline of 10th March. PTI's political jump start after extension of trial cases i.e. after deadline, is just acting according to their pre planned strategy of wait and watch until first week of March.

Now, coming back to waiting for verdicts:
What will happen after verdicts do arrive?

(What if it's a mixed bag and Judge Basir decides to balance some in favour and others as guilty? a case like forgery against Baji as inconclusive or mistakenly or something?)

Let's discuss the ominous, like we assume, that what will happen if all verdicts are against chor tubber?

(First thought, as a side note too: it is indeed MakafateAmal in my opinion, that trial cases have run beyond the deadline and got extended... Because now, the verdicts shall come during the time of Care Taker Government instead of Bakvas Sharif controlled PMLN Government. PTI needs to be extremely aggressive on care taker government strategy as a lot depends on who is in charge of the care taker Government when verdicts come out.)

The first thing after adverse verdicts is that the sentenced criminals would immediately file an appeal to avoid being arrested for any extended period of time.

But due to a non PMLN - carectaker - government, the sentenced criminals will be arrested and sent to jail. (although Shahzadi Kazib Maryam Bakvas might not even be arrested on grounds of being a woman and special case treatment of bail might be granted till filing of her appeal).

Politically, the scenes of Bakvas Sharif and Maryam Bakvas being arrested might become a political rallying point for the stubborn and run of the mill PMLN supporters. No need to remind you that they are Shauri-(Chittay Anparh)-Jahil.

That is why, instead of waiting and watching, which was the decided modus-operandi before end of first week of March trial court deadline...was such a bad move by PTI.

PTI could have countered every Jalsa and Social Media Convention NARRATIVE of Maryam by just countering its narrative daily and after each trial court hearing - live on television and killed and buried it right there instead of giving them complete freedom to carve out and strengthen it because of months of waiting and watching.

People didn't take Maryam Bakvas as seriously before her repeated Social Media Convention speeches got so much tv time and coverage because of her outrageous contempt of court made people take notice.

As Repeatedly posted earlier...(Like it or not...however seemingly insignificant)...Political activity and struggle bears fruits...lack of it...does not.

The Hikmat of wait and watch by PTI till only recently has...Strengthened PMLN.

The Hikmat of not taking notice by SCP of Contempt of court and BANNING from Media Coverage has...Strengthened PMLN.

In the end, do you think that going to jail and coming out on bail on the shoulders of thousands of cheering - Chittay Anparh - Shaori Jahil - supporters will strengthen the narrative of victimization and being the poor suffering underdog that people of Pakistan love so much???

How significant will be the role of care taker government in staging the set at the time of arrests and at the time of release of these criminals on bail???

What will be the "appropriate time" that SCP will call Bakvas Sharif and Shahzadi Kazib Maryam Bakvas for their - ALREADY NOTICED BY SCP - contempt of supreme court???

To me, SCP looks like the only (reluctant) political saviour of people of Pakistan in the considerable foreseeable future.

Last edited:
@The Accountant @PakSword @Farah Sohail and fellow posters here, kindly ponder on the following possibility that seems inevitable to myself:

What will happen after the accountability court verdict?

I have posted repeatedly that it is naive to think that verdicts against the chor family will destroy them politically.

I have posted that PTI not fighting PMLN on political grounds let alone legal, is a bad move to wait for verdicts. Hold this thought here.

Now, just assess the sudden political jump start of PTI. What is the reason for this upsurge of whirlwind IK political activity?

In my opinion, this is not a reassessment or change in policy but;
PTI was counting on NAB court verdicts to arrive within 6months deadline of 10th March. PTI's political jump start after extension of trial cases i.e. after deadline, is just acting according to their pre planned strategy of wait and watch until first week of March.

Now, coming back to waiting for verdicts:
What will happen after verdicts do arrive?

(What if it's a mixed bag and Judge Basir decides to balance some in favour and others as guilty? a case like forgery against Baji as inconclusive or mistakenly or something?)

Let's discuss the ominous, like we assume, that what will happen if all verdicts are against chor tubber?

(First thought, as a side note too: it is indeed MakafateAmal in my opinion, that trial cases have run beyond the deadline and got extended... Because now, the verdicts shall come during the time of Care Taker Government instead of Bakvas Sharif controlled PMLN Government. PTI needs to be extremely aggressive on care taker government strategy as a lot depends on who is in charge of the care taker Government when verdicts come out.)

The first thing after adverse verdicts is that the sentenced criminals would immediately file an appeal to avoid being arrested for any extended period of time.

But due to a non PMLN - carectaker - government, the sentenced criminals will be arrested and sent to jail. (although Shahzadi Kazib Maryam Bakvas might not even be arrested on grounds of being a woman and special case treatment of bail might be granted till filing of her appeal).

Politically, the scenes of Bakvas Sharif and Maryam Bakvas being arrested might become a political rallying point for the stubborn and run of the mill PMLN supporters. No need to remind you that they are Shauri-(Chittay Anparh)-Jahil.

That is why, instead of waiting and watching, which was the decided modus-operandi before end of first week of March trial court deadline...was such a bad move by PTI.

PTI could have countered every Jalsa and Social Media Convention NARRATIVE of Maryam by just countering its narrative daily and after each trial court hearing - live on television and killed and buried it right there instead of giving them complete freedom to carve out and strengthen it because of months of waiting and watching.

People didn't take Maryam Bakvas as seriously before her repeated Social Media Convention speeches got so much tv time and coverage because of her outrageous contempt of court made people take notice.

As Repeatedly posted earlier...(Like it or not...however seemingly insignificant)...Political activity and struggle bears fruits...lack of it...does not.

The Hikmat of wait and watch by PTI till only recently has...Strengthened PMLN.

The Hikmat of not taking notice by SCP of Contempt of court and BANNING from Media Coverage has...Strengthened PMLN.

In the end, do you think that going to jail and coming out on bail on the shoulders of thousands of cheering - Chittay Anparh - Shaori Jahil - supporters will strengthen the narrative of victimization and being the poor suffering underdog that people of Pakistan love so much???

How significant will be the role of care taker government in staging the set at the time of arrests and at the time of release of these criminals on bail???

What will be the "appropriate time" that SCP will call Bakvas Sharif and Shahzadi Kazib Maryam Bakvas for their - ALREADY NOTICED BY SCP - contempt of supreme court???

To me, SCP looks like the only (reluctant) political saviour of people of Pakistan in the considerable foreseeable future.
Will respond later in detail.

By the way you should be promoted to TTA on PDF

Khuch journalist kah rahe Hain k Sharif family ko saza to milege magar president mamnoon maaf kardiengay
Thank you for posting an important point.

This is why I have mentioned about the importance of Trial court decisions coming during care taker government instead of Bakvas Sharif controlled PMLN Government.

Next question...
How is presidential pardon relevant with respect to care taker or the next government?

Answer....
Let's look at the law first and foremost:
The Article 45 of the 1973 Pakistani Constitution, pertaining to President's power to grant pardon etc, states: "The President shall have power to grant pardon, reprieve and respite, and to remit, suspend or commute any sentence passed by any court, tribunal or other authority."

But (and its like a big @ proverbial Butt too)
...the presidential pardon is subject to PRIME MINISTER'S ADVICE.

Also, The Presidential pardon comes after Appeal in SCP is rejected too. That part may well depend on who wins the next elections indeed. That's why it is so important for Establishment to wash the dirt of fixing elections in favour of PMLN over the years instead of staying neutral.
Need I say more? I think not!

Will respond later in detail.

By the way you should be promoted to TTA on PDF
JazakAllahuKhairan Kaseer for your kind words but I am just as happy being a full member.

Back
Top Bottom